Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks all, I'm deeply honoured by this selection. Thankyou coz1 for the nomination, hopefully I can keep up with the story and keep it entertaining for the majority of ReadAARs out there.

*Takes hat off and bows*

As mentioned by coz1 before me, it is infact a very literal interpretation of brother against brother during the American Civil War. I shall give you all now a little plot of the story: The Smith Family, living on the Kentucky side of the Kentucky-Tennessee border find their lives torn apart when their two oldest sons join the war, one for the Union and one for the Confederacy. While both, along with their friends are off to war, back home Mr. Smith finds troubles a brewing in his home town when a one Irish-American Evan Harris pushes for succession from the Union, and he'll go to anymeans to get it. As the war wages, Bill (Confederacy) and Tom (Union) march to battle as does Evan Harris. Jeb (younger brother who idolizes Confederacy) finds out that his brother Tom's life is in danger thanks to Evan Harris, but will he put aside his Southern love to save his brother? And who will emerge from the war victorious?

I hope I did fine, in terms of a speech; not one for speeches so I hope this can do. Once again thanks everyone! And thanks coz1 for the nomination. This keeps my morale up.

-Thanks!

Yes, I just got done with a lengthy unit on the civil war so for right now I consider myself an expert, which makes me want to come to your AAR and read! :D

But I fear time shall get the best of me, yet even so by your summary of the plot I am very intrigued and interested. Must resist...

btw, do you mention the causes of the civil war, had to write a huge essay on that...

A good choice for a very intriguing and beautifully written AAR.

Grats!

Well done volksmarschall :)

Once again thanks everyone for your support. I shall keep the pace going...

I select Griffen's: Grab your swords lads we're going back! AAR to replace me. He is a new writAAR in the EUIII section and his work with Leinster and now Ireland is definatley worth a look at.

Gratz! I really like your AAR.

Many congratulations Griffen.

Congrats! I've been meaning to read this one.

Thanks a bunch again for the nomination Volks, it came as a nice surprise. I'm not very good at speeches, but I guess its fitting that my first AAR was on the first country I did when I got EU3 vanilla. Leinster was always hard, but had a special quality, being Irish, green, and well.... Irish :D. I figured it would be nice to have a gameplay record of my attempt to make Leinster and the Irish into a world dominating force, and the game sure is helping me, as its turning into a sequence of slugfests against juggernauts mixed with clubbing baby seals. Anywho, to keep this short, I hope you find it as enjoyable to read as I've found it enjoyable to write, and thanks to all for your input, reading, and compliments!

As a side note, from the first post I assume in one week I nominate another AAR in turn from someone who hasn't been nominated for a while?

As a side note, from the first post I assume in one week I nominate another AAR in turn from someone who hasn't been nominated for a while?
That is indeed what happens. :)