Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh no! A Secret Sweep! :D

Excellent choice Renss. Many congratulations SM!

First off all since I was away last week congratulations Rensslaer :)

Now onto this week well done Secret Master, congratulations :)

Gosh, what's a Secret Master to do when he gains such notoriety?

Considers what to do for a moment.

Well, I guess the first thing would be to thank my readers, and Rensslaer in particular, for their acclaim and support. It makes it a lot more fun to write humor when everyone has fun along with you, not to mention that giggling to ones self as you stare at your own writing is a sure sign of anti-psychotics in your future.

As for how I decided to write Templaric Twits: Mediterranean Police, I really can't say for certain. The title and desire for farce in the battle/violent section is inspired by Matt Stone and Trey Parker's Team America: World Police. The corporate style incompetence is from Scott Adams' writings in Dilbert, while the bureaucratic and political incompetence I draw from Terry Gilliam and Tom Stoppard's excellent movie Brazil. Of course, several of my gags are obviously borrowed from various comedic sketches. I'm sure someone will catch my liberal use of Shakespeare and other literary figures as time goes on. However, in all honesty, Templaric Twits is a way to blow of steam and relax. A chance to be goofy while having fun with EU3.

Thanks, everybody. :)

Last edited:
Congrats SM on your showcase award and your WritAAR award. Must be clean living. ;)

And now for something completely different. (And no, it's not a man with a tape recorder in his nose, either)

If my AAR is a single author, comedic, EU3 AAR with a one province minor after the Crusades are over, then what would be something completely different?

The answer is Collage of CAARdinals. This AAR is a collaborative, multi-theme, CK AAR with an important political body during the beginning of the Crusades. It has had some good posts so far, and shows promise for the future. I also applaud anyone willing to give collaborative AARs a shot, because they are hard work but also a lot of fun (at least they were in my experience, oh so many years ago with Venice A&B teams).

Since it is a collaborative AAR, I would ask that all the writers come in and say a few words and receive their accolades, with a big congratulations to Llywelyn as the organizer of this little gem.

Thank you Secret Master, and Llywelyn for starting College of CAARdinals.

It`s great AAR, when you can compare various AAR styles. My update was rather short (Pope lived only 3 years), and i`m using lot of pictures, maps etc. But you can find there comedy, history-book styles as well. Looking forward to new Popes - everyone can give a try.

I think this is a very interesting project, so it is good to see it get some attention and be awarded showcase of the week. Congratulations to everyone participating :)

My update was Pope Waldo I, who became the vicar of St Peter after the Curia's Find Waldo game turned too real. In spite of having a real soft spot for the ladies, his importance in discovering Frontal Charge and Offensive Terrain was unanimously acknowledged throughout Christendom and when he died, he was Sainted. As far as i know, the only sainted pope so far! :smug:

Read all about Pope Waldo and the others in excellent updates by LLywelyn, phargle, Emperor Ike, Judas Maccabeus and thrashing mad. We also take volunteers for poping around. The more the merrier!

Interesting project. I'll definitely need to look into this one. Congrats!

Very many congratulations to all the participants!

Well i guess that i also have to say something.
This Cooperative AAR has been really fun to do and watch and read.
Every pope has been different, mine was a pagan hater from head to toes, then there were these more peacefull popes, women lovers etc.

Well, golly, shucks...

Well, first, of course, I'd like to thank my sponsors Jolt!, Crystal Pepsi, and New Coke for all their support. Then, there's all my fellow writers, who've borne with me the heavy, heavy weight of guiding Christendom from beneath those absurdly gilded miters, albeit virtually and not for reals. And, um, there's the Paradox boards and designers and marketing department. Thank you guys! We love you! (Platonically speaking, except maybe for that Swedish hottie in sales...) George Carlin. Bugsy Seigel. And... whom am I forgetting? St. Paul, without whom the sufferings of our Lord and Savior would never have been freed from that nasty circumcision business. Muhammad, (peace be upon him even if Dante was right about that whole 6th circle business,) for creating people to crusade against and thus - indirectly - this game. Mom. Dad. God. That guy who invented smores. And of course, the continuing amusement of the popes themselves, those little infallible cuties. Thanks!

j.

By the way, RGB's posting up (soon, hopefully :)) but then we'll be in need of fresh writers. People can always (and are welcome to!) double-up, but of course, we'd like as much diversity as we can get, especially from some of you old(er) hands!

You know you've got a dusty copy of CK somewhere under that pile of hoi2, eu3 and Ricky boxes, so feel free to bust out the CD cleaner and try on the Pointy Hat of Infallibility +3 yourself. Available in pina colada, tutti frutti, and bananaberry while supplies last!

j.

EDIT: Also, sorry that winning this award means many of you have to try to spell my handle. Feel free to abbrev it to lly (Welsh pronunciation: *clears throat*).

Woohoo! This AAR deserves recognition. Thanks for nominating it, Secret Master.

Llywelyn really deserves the credit for this project. He is its mother, cheerleader, and most prolific writer. It's a fantastic read that never bogs down because it has so much variety. And it's a great way, since the popes tend to have the lifespans of hamsters, for people to try out a new AAR style without committing to a long AAR they won't finish. I recommend anybody with Crusader Kings and a wish to try something short and new to give it a whirl.

As a disclaimer, I did the update for one of the popes, but it's a very short update. There's a whole slew of beefy, quality work up there. Check it out.

Ah, College of CAARdinals. It's an enjoyable little diversion for anyone who wants to write an interesting AAR without devoting too much time--or writing a longer part of an AAR on an unusual subject.

Okay, my commercial for the project is over. :p

Llywelyn said:
(Welsh pronunciation: *clears throat*).

I'm not entirely convinced that the Welsh language isn't actually some strange alien language trying to pass off as a human one. :D