Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do we go about appointing the new showcase ?

I think it would be much better with a pool and not with the last winner chosing the upcoming one. By poll any AAR have a chance.
5 AAR's nominated and 1 winner after some voting.
By this we will avoid these times without a winner, mostly because the previous winner is not serious enough to check that topic after 1 week...and mostly, they are choosing the next winner from a list of friends .. or even bad, random.

I think it would be much better with a pool and not with the last winner chosing the upcoming one. By poll any AAR have a chance.
5 AAR's nominated and 1 winner after some voting.
By this we will avoid these times without a winner, mostly because the previous winner is not serious enough to check that topic after 1 week...and mostly, they are choosing the next winner from a list of friends .. or even bad, random.

No, we have the AARland Choice Awards especially for that. And if you look at how active the ACAs have been in recent times...

Yeah, I don't like the voting idea at all, just wished people would be better at passing the awards along.

I too feel the current system is fine. And I wouldn't bash those who can't pass it on in a timely fashion straight away – we all have our breaks away from the fora, as is healthy. That, and I honestly don't mind people picking their friends to be the next incumbent – provided, of course, it is warranted, as often it is. I find that we tend to become friendly with those whose work we read, and we read the work because we find it good in some way, so the two play into each other nicely.

As for choosing at random, on the other hand...

Has anyone contacted a mod?

So, let's choose a new winner. First come, first served!

Odd place to ask, but;

Essentially, an AAR (or After Action Report) is a write up or other form of documentation of a game. This might take the form of an actual story, some sort of comedic piece or history book, or just a plain log-type affair.

How does it work? Well, very, very briefly: we write; others comment. You've really just posed a question that could take many people many days to answer. ;)