Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice choice. Congratulations Alfred Packer :)

Thanks Brandenburg. I've never won this award before and to win it for Iceland Diaries makes me very happy indeed. This AAR is something I've never tried before and I was nervous about the reception it would recieve for that reason. That the reception has been so good has been gratifying.

I've never been too interested in World Conquest games (playing them, that is, works like Prawnstar's rank amoungst my favorite reads). I find failure, defeat, petulence, and bitter mediocrity far more interesting when it comes to my own stories.

Happily, enough of you find these subjects enjoyable enough to keep me writing. Thank you for reading and thank you for commenting. It means the world to me.

----------------

What is Iceland Diaries?

Iceland Diaries is the brainstorm of the old Count of Vestisland, Eirik. He has, just to make his son's life more unbearable, married him to a horrifically ugly woman and convinced them both that writing Diaries is the legal duty of the ruling family. Eirik, of course, has never written one and never plans to. From there, we just follow the lives of Einar, heir to the County, and his wife Helga as they view their lives and the events that shape them (such events as Vestisland gets, anyway) and then scribble the details in their little black books.

I will try to keep each character true to whatever traits they have.* Otherwise, they are a small, remote people with similarly small ambitions. Don't expect them to become Kings of Jerusalem.

*presuming I find that trait interesting enough to roleplay. Many might note that Einar, for example, is not particularly 'wise.'

Thank you everyone for the kind words, they are very, very appreciated. But now, I see that it is time to pass the award on and give another AAR the spotlight.

I gave it a lot of thought and went through several AARs (as well as the list of which AARs have been showcased recently) and I have decided on a successor:

Drum roll please.

I said Drum Roll.

Thanks.

I give you:

General War's No Parasan! - Republican Spain 1938, an HOI3 AAR. I'm not going to give away what happens (and what happens is pretty remarkable), but I will say this is an excellent gameplay AAR with some beautiful custom made maps and it is definately worth your time to read, so please head over and take a look (if you aren't a fan already). You won't be disappointed.

Congrats :D

Congratulations General War :)