• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So it's Sunday and this means that it's time to select a new AAR for the Weekly Showcase.
Now here is a little problem: One of the guidelines says that the next AAR must be from a different Paradox game. I'm a relatively new citizen of AAR Land and have only red EU IV AARs. I hope that in the future I'll have more time to read some AARs from a different game.
So I asked one of the moderators on what to do and he said that it's up to the community to decide which AAR shall be featured in the Weekly AAR Showcase.

So the first person who nominates a non-EU IV AAR (don't nominate your own AAR) "wins".

The guidelines do say to "try" to choose a different game, but you certainly aren't mandated to do so. The privilege to name your successor rests with you.

As Avindian states, the guideline politely requests that you change the game venue for the showcase because, as it happens, the showcase sometimes gets 3 or 4 AARs in a row from the same game, while the hopeful intent is to highlight what's going in the other parts of the forum as well. Understandably, some people just don't venture out of the 1 or 2 games they own and play. I do believe Darkest Hour, not that long ago, had a string when it had 3 or 4 AARs in a row as the showcase. And Victoria II, I've noticed, is on a bit of a hot streak.

And before I forget, congratulations too, even if your AAR had to be cancelled in the process. :( It's generally preferred that the former winner delegates the power to choose elsewhere if busy or not going to be on the forum for the transitional period.

Cheers!

I have a good candidate for a new nominee I think, but I won't say who just yet. I think you as the latest winner should nominate if you so choose to, even if it's in the same game venue. It's your right.:) I don't think I got around to congratulate you on your win btw, so I'll do it now: Congrats! :)

And before I forget, congratulations too, even if your AAR had to be cancelled in the process.
Congrats! :)
Thank you guys :)

The guidelines do say to "try" to choose a different game, but you certainly aren't mandated to do so. The privilege to name your successor rests with you.
Really? Mr. Capiatlist said otherwise.
Mr. Capiatlist said:
Generally if you do not know who to hand it off to within the guidelines it becomes a community choice.
Well if I am allowed to nominate an EU IV AAR then I nominate Mini Venice - A Ragusa AAR by finnishdude101.

Edit: I've sent a PM to finnishdude101 to inform him that I nominated him so I hope that the award can go to him - he deserves it for writing a fantastic EU IV AAR :)

Last edited:
congrats, finnishdude101!

Congratulations, finnishdude!

Congratulations finnishdude!

Congratulations, Delpiero1234 & finnishdude101!

congrats, finnishdude101!

Congratulations, finnishdude101! I'm off to subscribe. :)

Thank you everyone! I must say, with all of the gaming 'communities' out there, the Paradox one is by far the best.

I was until now under the impression that Rugusa was a type of pasta. But anyway, a wonderful AAR!

LOL. Thanks!

Thank you everyone! I must say, with all of the gaming 'communities' out there, the Paradox one is by far the best.
It is definitely one of the more welcoming and nice online forums out there. :)

Assuming I've read the original post correctly, then EUIV AARs account for nearly 60% of the recipients of the award in the past seven weeks (with four out of seven 'victories') so it may be an idea to look elsewhere if you can.

That said, having a smooth turnover that sees another EUIV AAR awarded is better than no turnover at all, and I don't want to deny a deserving author of their place in the sun (though if they are deserving, one could argue that they'd get their recognition anyway in due course.) I just worry that potentially having 63% of award recipients in a two month period representing the same game might be a tad excessive. You do have until Sunday to choose your successor, so there's plenty of time to browse other sub-forums and see if anything really impresses you. Maybe we should wait for Avindian or another mod to come along and offer their thoughts?

As I say, however, if you really think that an EUIV AAR is the mist deserving, then I certainly won't deny them their recondition. :)

Assuming I've read the original post correctly, then EUIV AARs account for nearly 60% of the recipients of the award in the past seven weeks (with four out of seven 'victories') so it may be an idea to look elsewhere if you can.

That said, having a smooth turnover that sees another EUIV AAR awarded is better than no turnover at all, and I don't want to deny a deserving author of their place in the sun (though if they are deserving, one could argue that they'd get their recognition anyway in due course.) I just worry that potentially having 63% of award recipients in a two month period representing the same game might be a tad excessive. You do have until Sunday to choose your successor, so there's plenty of time to browse other sub-forums and see if anything really impresses you. Maybe we should wait for Avindian or another mod to come along and offer their thoughts?

As I say, however, if you really think that an EUIV AAR is the mist deserving, then I certainly won't deny them their recondition. :)

I think the problematic is that some people simply only know/read AARs of the game(s) they play..

"Official" policy, such as it is, is to do your very best to keep up the pace and to try to honor different games. That said, the second part of that statement is less important than the first. I know there are many, many forumites who stick to one game, which is totally fine.