• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, first off, thank you to everyone for your support!
Also, sorry for totally forgetting about this yesterday.(Thanks to loki for the reminder)

Anyways, let's get down to business. I basically decided between 2 AAR's.
One was the valient runner-up, Silly's The Caliph of California. It is a really interesting read, you guys should check it out.

And now, the winner.
It is Onikujo's Bucking the Trend.
This is a really good AAR, with the added bonus of ponies, which pushed it over the top for me.
Even if you aren't a brony, you should go and read it. It is really good.
That's all. Congrats Onikujo.​

Congrats Onikujo!

(I don't really understand this whole brony business, but it seems that the basic attitude is one of friendship, warmth and all kinds of "soft" stuff that's (at least from this artist's point of view) missing from the modern world, instead of the all too abundant violence, sex etc. So even if I don't see what makes young males watch ponies, I guess I find the phenomenon positive.)

It's a unique, and excellent, if still somewhat mystifying AAR. Congrats, Onikujo!

:eek:

Well, I won something! Uhm...It's alright if I take a day or two to try and figure out who I want to select for the next one right? Because that's what I need to do...

But thank you all for liking me and stuff, I'll have to write some more sooner or later.

:eek:

Well, I won something! Uhm...It's alright if I take a day or two to try and figure out who I want to select for the next one right? Because that's what I need to do...

But thank you all for liking me and stuff, I'll have to write some more sooner or later.
You have a week to pick the next winner. (Congrats by the way).

Because the longer I wait I know I'll forget to nominate someone, I'll do it now. Although I do so love the spotlight...

On this day, the 15th or November, in the year of two thousand and twelve, grant by the power vested in me by this fine forum based institution...solemnly seek to nominate and elect Karl Peters and his glorious, Awakening the Bear - Russian AAR [AHD], even if it does tend to become more then unkind to those Ottomans I do so love and cherish. Long may you live, and prosperous may your future posts be!

mlfw7726_small.png

You know I HAD to post something pony related, right?

Congratulations, Karl Peters; an excellent AAR!

Thanks Onikujo! And you will be pleased about my Ottoman approach as of late! ;)

Thanks to all for the support. I look forward to keeping up the AAR and producing better ones as my experience grows. Soooo I guess I should pick one of my favs then eh?

well you have until next weekend, so enjoy the status a while, take the time to look around. Ideally it shouldn't be another Victoria 2 AAR as its best if this award shifts between the various areas.

Ahhhh...well to be honest I haven't followed any other AAR's outside of Vicky 2...

Well that was quick. :D Congrats Karl Peters!

And the Winner is...

After reading through at least twenty AARs I think I might have decided. You never know though it could be a complete wiff. Anyways, I'm picking The-War To End All Wars-A UK MP AAR as the next champion! There are several different authors, all of which can write, and bringing you into a great twist on history! So I guess I should give you these beastly writers names then eh...

Triple Entente

UK - Poach
French Republic - Lord Romanus III (Posting as Lord Romanus II on Paradox forums)
Russian Empire - I WUB PUGS
Italy - Sebastianus Somerus

Central Powers

German Empire - Abbews (Posting as Abbs on Paradox forums)
Austria-Hungary - 10greenbottles
Ottoman Empire - a tw player (Posting as ADEE1 on Paradox forums)

Congratulations to all the writers from The War to End All Wars, I wonder how they are going to pick who gets to pick the next winner.