+ Reply to Thread
Page 160 of 265 FirstFirst ... 60 85 110 135 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 185 210 235 260 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 5292

Thread: Weekly AAR Showcase: All Hope Lies in Rome

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Nice choice. Congratulations, CatKnight
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller Ė A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joeís War- a Boer War AAR

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Congratulations!
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegio
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Holy um...cow! Thanks volksmarschal!

Winning two awards (this and WoW) for 'Tannenberg' less than two months after coming back to these forums is a little overwhelming. It certainly reminds me what a caring, generous and incredible community AARland is.

I've visited other forums, of course, for a wide variety of games. One in particular was rather mature (like AARland generally is), but readers gave far fewer comments and in general seemed a little more elitist than I prefer. Another forum I frequented had the opposite problem: Plenty of comments, plenty of support, but made up of mostly very young men who often degenerated into open warfare.

No doubt there are others deserving of this mark, but Paradox's forums really feel like a second home at times - a great mix of veterans and newcomers more or less coexisting and supporting each other, and a great number of interesting stories to read and comment on. The combination of those elements make me want to come back...and make me want to create another post or two to share when otherwise I might not bother.

"Tannenberg III" is my third attempt with the Teutonic Knights and hopefully my last with EU. It's told in 'history book' style and is relatively young: 14 updates have taken the Order through 1448, so there's still plenty of time to get involved.

I prefer more realistic stories (vs. world conquests or the like) and so far the AI's given as good as it's taken. Personally I think that makes for good drama. I have one neighbor I'm terrified of, and several more who could give me a good fight. I can't just run amuck for fear of the rest of Eastern Europe slapping me down.

Thank you again, volksmarschall, for this kind award and thank you to everyone for making AARland the kind of place I want to write for and enjoy reading in.
    Active:
    Random World Order(EU4, Random)

Past:
    Beyond Tannenberg IV: The More Things Change(EU4, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Defeated))
    Beyond Tannenberg III: The Last Crusade (EU3, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Corrupt Save))
    Resurrection: Rebirth of the United States COMPLETED!
    CatKnight's Inkwell

Patron Saint of Suenik Iain Wilson's Avatar
    Deus VultFor The GloryRome Gold

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!
    ~~ My Current AARs ~~
    The Sleeper - an EU3 Narrative
    These Oranjes Are Not For Eating - Fun and Games in the Orange Free State
    Favourite Comedy Victoria AAR: Q1 10 Q2 10 Q3 10 Q4 10 Q1 11 Best Character Writer: 28th Feb 10; 5th Jul 10 WritAAR of the Week: 6th Mar 10
    For AARs past and present please visit my Ink Well

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Gratz!
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegio
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

It has been a week, more or less, and time to pass on the torch.

It's difficult since there are so many awesome AARs out there with various styles. In particular, including volksmarschall's two works (Presidents.. and the Lost U-Boat), I just found AARmy of the Rainforest, a Brazilian 1936 AAR that looks like a lot of fun, and Singleton Mosby's AAR/Preview of Achtung: Panzer 1943.

For this I will stick with Victoria, and a wonderful AAR I stumbled across recently. It's actually Part 2 (the first being in EU3) but isn't the conventional gameplay or even history type story you'd expect of a multi-genre report.

In Brandenburg III's Dante's Blood, an artist from 1980s Hungary runs afoul of a mysterious being who plans to dominate the world by using a magical tome to alter history. Far more than being a simple exercise in time travel, Brandenburg brings in numerous epic and dark fantasy elements and succeeds in creating a powerful narrative.

Congratulations, Brandenburg! I can't wait to see how this ends.
    Active:
    Random World Order(EU4, Random)

Past:
    Beyond Tannenberg IV: The More Things Change(EU4, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Defeated))
    Beyond Tannenberg III: The Last Crusade (EU3, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Corrupt Save))
    Resurrection: Rebirth of the United States COMPLETED!
    CatKnight's Inkwell

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron Cross
    Leviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Gratz!

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    61 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Congrats Brandenburg III!

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Mmnnn i've been steadily reading up on BIII's series actually . I highly recommend it as well . Very good choice
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Congratulations Brandenburg III
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller Ė A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joeís War- a Boer War AAR

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA
    Very nice BIII, congrats!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Congratulations!
    On-hold: Mamma Mia! The AAR
    Completed: Europe is our dancefloor | The Shortest Road to Damascus | No Iron, One Lion, Maybe Zion
    Tintero

The July AARlander is out now, no excuse not to read it: Thread | PDF | iBooks

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3

Congratulations, Brandenburg III!
    Return to Glory: A Germania AAR
    WritAAR of the week for the week of 6-10-07, Favorite New Writer Overall for Q2 2007, Best Character Writer of the Week 7-18-08

The Grand Duchy of Hesse-Darmstadt: A History

Romanorum Imperator Augustus asd21593's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

Congrats, Brandenburg III!
    My AAR Library
    -not writing at the moment-

A Smooth Operator Brandenburg III's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty II CollectionRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

On the corner of Breaking Hearts & Forgetting Names
    Blog Entries
    I thought Iíd pop in here real quick and say a few things (Iíll pass this along on Sunday to get it back on track, the real reason is that I need to read a few AARs.)

Second, thanks CatKnight

Iím not going to talk about The Dark Muse here even though theyíre linked. Besides, you can probably find that explanation in one of these other threads. As for Danteís Blood, Iíll steal my explanation away from what I wrote in the introduction (this is also located in my inkwell.)

Danteís Blood takes place immediately after JŠnosí imprisonment in the monastery. From there JŠnos must search for a way to escape, find out where Danteís body lay and capture the blood of Dante Alighieri. We know Dante is now buried in Ravenna, Italy after many centuries of fighting now JŠnos must reach it. This discovery will lead JŠnos into a highly fantasy inflicted world where heíll have to search recklessly for this elixir. For this blood.

But first JŠnos must find the book Khayr ad-Din fled with under his arm. When the discovery of the book takes place, JŠnos learns that large portions of it have been filled in, all the way up to 1865. The reasons for the advanced date are clear and will be provided as the story is told. As the pages begin filling themselves in, JŠnos must find a way to destroy the book or face an alternate world where Algiers is a dangerous world power with Khayr ad-Din at the helm.

Danteís Blood is the conclusion to the two-part series and will feature many new characters. There will even be a character or two JŠnos finds in the real world who wonít slap him around every chapter! Imagine that.

(End Description)

--Not mentioned is that I'm trying to be as accurate with buildings and places as I can while in the modern world.--

As with Muse Iím still tinkering with the outline after every chapter so things may yet change from how I have them planned. Already Iíve tampered with the 1800's storyline to bring in a new character revealed in the previous chapter and will probably do more as the story is written. This ought to keep us both guessing throughout the writing. Iím not even sure how Iím going to end it but its likely Iíll have a few endings sitting around just as I had with Muse. But this story will have an end.

As for thoughts on time travel, I believe it has more to do with alternate realities and what is actually real. What is true? Is something real only if we experience it? Or is it also real if we donít experience it but it happens somewhere else in another time, another place? These are a few of the questions Muse had, and while I believe they were sufficiently answered there, they are tested in DB.

Itís a weird thing because I havenít read a fantasy novel in a long time. Iím certain its been at least a decade so to earn awards for a subject I'm not familiar with is rewarding. While it isnít going to turn me into a fantasy writer in my private life, itíll definitely encourage me to finish the tale.
    My Ink Well updated 30/June Contains AARs, Mods and Projects
    They Call Me The Swede
    HOI II Library Updated through 13 March 2009

A Smooth Operator Brandenburg III's Avatar
    A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEast India Company Collection
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIThe Kings Crusade
    Majesty II CollectionRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

On the corner of Breaking Hearts & Forgetting Names
    Blog Entries
    I always try jumping into other forums when I can when passing along these awards and found something in the Crusader Kings area. After some looking around I decided on Alfred Packerís latest AAR, Iceland Diaries. Its early enough so you can jump into his latest project where the rulers of the land write their thoughts in their very own diaries.
    My Ink Well updated 30/June Contains AARs, Mods and Projects
    They Call Me The Swede
    HOI II Library Updated through 13 March 2009

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Alfred ! Always quality work ! Well done !
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

+ Reply to Thread