• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations to my favorite author! :)

Many congrats, Farq! Now, get back to that AAR, eh?

Shucks, I'm honoured, folks! And a bit embarrassed that my AAR has been showcased when updates have been somewhat scarce recently! Anyway, thanks RossN for passing the crown - just what I need to get me going again. And thanks for all these kind messages of congratulations. As I have just said in the AAR thread, an update is coming soon.

The memorable man eating plankton and sharks mixed with some den Doode diplomacy and Farq style of writing make up an excellent stew of humor and wits. I must pass on my congratulations upon the honor of weekly AAR showcase to Farq.

Splendid work. I hope that there are lots of Farq AAR-s to come. :)

::Bows::

Congratulations Farq, not to mention Blodwen, King of Men and Ross! Sorry I missed all of you. Cross US moves are...interesting!

Thanks again for all these encouraging words, folks - not to mention for actually reading the AAR and posting comments there! It is much appreciated. And now the moment has come to pass on the title to another deserving work. I'm afraid I have been extremely inactive in reading AARs of late, so this has got me back into that as well, which is good. In particular it's got me out of the EU2 rut again, in order to nominate an AAR in another game. I went first to the CK forum and found plenty of deserving works there - but which to choose? It had to be one that wasn't too far on, so those who hadn't yet read any of it could easily catch up, and whose author hadn't been showcased too recently. For me, that pointed to Fiftypence's
a great AAR started only recently, but already showing all the hallmarks of a Fiftypence classic. Plenty of wonderful CK-inspired characterization, plus dark hints of intrigue on the horizon. So, congratulations Fiftypence, and to anyone who hasn't yet checked out the AAR, why not have a look now - you'll enjoy it!

An outstanding choice, Farq! And a great work thus far. Shoot, I even saw a rare appearence by Warspite claiming it's bona-fides! If Warspite chimes in, you know it has to be good. And it is!

Congrats, Fiftypence! Good show. :D

Congratulations fiftypence. Well-deserved.

It is certainly well deserved. Congratulations Fiftypence :)

Congrats Fifty Pence! Now I'll have to add yet another to my reading list...

But I can live with that :D

DW

Thanks Farquharson, and to everyone who has posted and will post their congratulations. :D

This AAR came about after a previous attempt at Leicester where I became Duke of Oxford, a kinslayer and got attacked by my liege. It was fun despite the unfortunate ending, so I decided to try again but this time AARing it.

I've never been to Leicester, but it's quite an easy journey from where I live, so maybe I should take a trip as "research" for the AAR, to get a feel for the place. As it is, all my information on the place has come from the internet, including some fascinating bits and pieces of local folklore that I could not help but include.

Anyway, thanks again! :)

Great choice, Fiftypence. I am truly enjoying jwolf's latest yarn. And it hasn't even reached 1419 yet. :eek: :D

Congrats, jwolf! Very much deserved!