Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
coz1 said:
There are pdf links in my signature that might make reading easier, however.
Yeah, that might come in handy. That way, my coming weeks (months? :eek: ) without internet connection may paradoxically help me to finally read your mammoth masterpiece :p . Congrats!

It's been a great week and I must once again thank CatKnight for choosing my work to be showcased and also thank those of you that stopped by both here and in the AAR to offer congrats and other fine words.

Some interesting conversation as well regarding the work. As far as R&G are Dead, I cannot say it was a influence. But I will say that my initial idea was to try and place Sonny "Zelig-like" in and amongst some of the famous tableaus of the time. I decided to move away from that early on, but I was pleased to get some famous folk in there, especially Stonewall Jackson.

As for casting Into the West, I recall Renss' suggestion of Josh Hartnett as Sonny and that's probably not a bad call. As for the others, I know a certain playmate of the year that could play Corinna. ;) And Red Strother is based directly on Micheal Jeter (who has since passed on. :( ) I'd actually be interested in what others thought of potential casting thoughts, but I hesitate to start a thread simply for that. But I also don't wish to bog down this thread with extranious posts not related to the new winner, which should be coming directly...

And now is the time...Since my AAR ended, and given the slow season, I have taken a little extra time away from the boards to catch my breath, and thus I have not been reading as much as normal. But I have been keeping tabs on things and there is one work I think totally deserves a showcase. I enjoyed the first offering from this writer and though I have not caught up completely on this work, what I have read so far speaks to the same high quality. Ladies and gentlemen, please cast your wandering eye towards Of the Outremer - a Jerusalem AAR by Maximilliano. You will not be disappointed.

Congrats, sir! It has been earned! :)

Well done Maximilliano, congratulations :)

Congrats, Max! I just glanced through the beginning. I have a lot of reading to do! Well done!

:eek:o I'm not very good at following the awards given out in AARland didn't quite realize *cough cough*

Yes well thank you everyone so much! I'm enjoying writing my Jerusalem AAR and its certainly been interesting so far. And thank you Coz1, for the nomination; coming from a master such as yourself, it certainly means alot!

And now for the moment of truth: the next nomination. We all enjoyed his Ottoman AAR, but truth be told, I feel this offering was superior. I've been following this one for awhile, and its impressive show of history book narration and game play. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present The Shahs of Persia: The Struggle for an Empire by Wannabe Tatar. Congratulations sir!

Well done Wannabe Tatar, congratulations :)

Congrats Maximilliano

And congrats also to WT for another of his great AARs.