Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you very much for the nomination Attalus, and everyone for the congrats! A very surprising nomination.

For the future, more lunacy is to come in all flavours. For example, me reading around to find a successor! (No, this is no madness. Let's see if I can pick one.)

All right, it is Sunday, time to pass the showcase on. I nominate Byzntinebriated's The Original Dukes of Comedy.

While it is a new AAR in its early phase, it shows some promise. The author takes a comedical approach to describe the grand duke of Burgundy's struggle to fight the French supremacy. Mostly in dialogues, he creates interesting situations full of comedy. Even if he has a somewhat weird preference to let his characters drop their pants, and a certain knowledge of French may help. ;)

Congratulations, and in the spirit of the showcase, may the duc gain new support!

Congratulations (and a fine user name, I must say), Byzntinebriated!

Congrats! :)

Athalcor: Or MrCapiatlist, although that was a spelling error.:p

Thank you for the nomination, alscon! And I'd like to thank everyone else for their support. I had no idea whether or not I would find a readAARship when I started this, and it cheers me to no end to find that plenty of people get a laugh or eight from reading what I have to write.

I promise more of the same in the weeks to come!

Well, my week in the spotlight has come and gone, and it's time to pass the torch on.

I'm pleased to introduce another comedy AAR, which seem to be few and far between these days, but this writAAR really appreciates the comedic value of pants, laughing at your own gameplay mistakes, and the absurdity of guiding a nation that was a historical afterthought in real life to lasting and permanent glory.

As an added bonus, this AAR gave me a warm fuzzy wave of nostalgia for my younger days when I could play games for 8 hours at a sitting without consequences, and the days before Ironman Mode's mandatory lucky nations turned everyone's world maps into identical strings of blobs.

I would like to reach across the Burgundian-Valois divide and admit that I like them Naples just fine. Everyone please drop whatever your holding and go read How Do You Like Them Naples by drSandworm.

Congratulations, drSandworm! A fine choice!

Thank you very much for the nomination, Byzntinebriated! I'm very glad to hear that people are still enjoying my AAR, even though EU3 isn't exactly a new game. It's been great fun to write these AAR's and I hope I'll continue to do so in the future.

Congratulations, Dr.Sandworm! I really should subscribe to your AARS, I've been meaning to for a while now.

Thank you very much for the nomination, Byzntinebriated! I'm very glad to hear that people are still enjoying my AAR, even though EU3 isn't exactly a new game. It's been great fun to write these AAR's and I hope I'll continue to do so in the future.

Congrats :)
The Pharaoh will return !

A brilliant choice! I've greatly enjoyed reading about Naples for the past two years (nearly...)

Congratulations drSandworm!

So, I guess my reign of terror has finally ended (they wish, heh heh heh....). Very well, I shall nominate my succesor.

The AAR I'm nominating tells a tale of a place that's very deal to my heart and blends in historical events, legends, horrific intrigues and supsense to creat one of the most emotional and endearing AAR's I've ever read. The author possesses the talent to write characters, their hopes dream, fears and ambitions of such a magnitude that I'm frankly both envious and in awe.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you The Poraj Identity (AAR in The Duchy of Greater Poland) by fabiolundiense