Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A great many thanks to everyone for the kind words (your bribes are in the post!) and a many more thanks to loki100 (your bribe is en route my good man!). I'm rather bowled over to have won this considering my AAR is filled with nothing but pink and green dressed soldiers and a ludicrous amount of incompetence.

I've rather struggled to find a nominee for this award as I follow a number of AARs (although nowhere near enough), all of which are ludicrously good. In choosing my successor I considered an EU3 AAR detailing the exploits of a ball which could be considered Polish, a V2 AAR comic book AAR showing subtleties in a certain subcontinent, a hockey themed HoI3 AAR written by someone who could be considered innocent, a CK2 AAR detailing the never ending exploits of the de Hautevilles and a V2 AAR which is proving a magisterial history of Japan amongst many, many other excellent AARs.

In the end I plumped for an AAR I've been enjoying for several weeks now. It caught my eye as the nation it is based upon is one seldom seen on the forum and unlike many AARs which detail nothing but success (or nothing but ineptness in the case of my AARs), this AAR is describing a dramatic game in which considerable calamity has been experienced thus far, said calamity always making for a great read to my mind, even if it proves rather trying for the poor writer involved! The AAR I am alluding to is, of course, the wonderful Kingdom of Croatia by Anjwalker.

Congratulations!

Congrats, anjwalker! I agree with morningSIDEr, some loss and misfortune can make an AAR great and all the more realistic.

Congratulations Anjwalker!

Congratulations!

Congratulations Anjwalker, a very worthy AAR for the Showcase!

Congratulations Anjwalker! I've been reading Kingdom of Croatia since it begun, and morningSIDEr's choice was a pleasant surprise!

Congratulations! I'm hungry for new AHD AARs, and yours is on the list now! Good job, Anjwalker!

Well, I’ve spent the week considering who I’d like to nominate as the showcase AAR for the next week. This was actually a harder job than I expected; there are so many really great AAR’s out there.
It came down to half a dozen AARs, but It took me most of the day to decide - they were just all so good. I ended up having to choose between the tale of the tiny one province Swedish Dal, the disaster ridden Abyssinian “A Tale of Painful, Certain Doom”, the epic Californian Empire of the Pacific, the Born to Breed: Estridsen Lectures, and even an Arsenal of Democracy tale - "Av Stål och Svenskar!", and the one I eventually decided on. The only reason I choose one over the other was necessity, as all these AAR’s were as good as any of the others. But eventually I was forced to land on Novum Romanum Imperium 2.0 by Avindian.

This is a really epic continuation of tale of the New Roman Empire that began in Europa Universalis III and now continues through the time period of Victoria II. It has engaging characters, awesome depth with history book detail, and every action that is taken comes with an awesome justification that fits perfectly into the story.

I urge you to read Novum Romanum Imperium 2.0, as well as all the other AAR’s I mentioned. I’m sure you’ll enjoy them all immensely.

Congrats Avindian!

Congrats, Avindian!

Thanks very much to everybody, especially to Anjwalker -- I've enjoyed his Croatian AAR immensely. I'll have quite a challenge finding a successor, since there are so many great AARs to choose from!

Congrats Avindian, one of my favourite AARs on the forum.