• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ghnyarr har har, 'tis a true act of piracy! :D

Congrats Calistas!

Arr! A fine pick!

images5tu.jpg
"I eh heard about this report eh, from this guy Cali-Calo-CAlipi eh Calistas. Its on the terrorists in the Middle Eas.. What oh, its the Mediterranean. Yea well its a report after action of some sort about Pirates, and i think we should all take eh look, you know."

Congrats Calistas on yer great yAAR matey.

I really should catch up with some of stuff going about in CKAAR. A great aar.

Awesome choice. One of the few CK's AAR I follow (after the abrupt demise of Jestor's AAR). Great and fresh idea and need I to add it is damn funny... :p

I second all that's been said, a very entertaining AAR!

Yaar! Be it time for a new Showcase already? Garr!

I agree. 'Bout time for a new showcase. It sounded like Calistas was having some computer issues and may not be able to get on to award another. Maybe it's time for an executive decision, CatKnight? Go ahead and pick the next one and keep this moving. :)

It does look like Calistas is having trouble, so I'm going to take Coz's advice and appoint our next winner to keep things moving.

I might be more hesitant, but as I looked around one AAR leapt out at me. I have no idea how we could have missed such brilliance for so long, except perhaps that Hearts of Iron 1 isn't as popular these days.

I'll tell you this: If you left the HOI1 forum when you moved to HOI2, or if like me you rarely visit the area, then you are cheating yourself. Get over there right now and read 1914-1924 British Interests; British Honour; British Obligations by Allenby.

Aside from the happy coincidence that this AAR began within days of my own (which naturally warms my heart), this is the gripping story of...who else? Britain during the Great War. It includes plenty of pictures and maps, and is told in a history book format. Gripping reading with a good look at the personalities and tactics of the time.

Well? Why are you still here? Get over there!

Bravo Allenby! This AAR truly is a great one. And if you're one of the people who haven't read it because you don't venture into the HOI 1 forum then shame on you. :p

A giant among AARs! More than deserving of the prize, I must say! :cool:

It is the British Empire of AARs at its peak. Strong, powerful, looks good on maps, and is witty and stylish. Couldn't have picked a better work.

Way to go, Allenby! Congrats on the showcase!!