• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you for the award.

A few words about the AAR. This is my first serius work. I don't have any writing experience, so the nomination for this award was a great suprise for me.
I decided to start as france because... well I have never played them yet, not even in HOI2. I usually start with an axis nation, Germany most time. As you can see I'm in love in tanks, they are cool, especially german ones... but the french ones are not bad either! Uhh I got carried away, nevermind. The point is, the AAR will focus on the battles fought by the Armored army of France. Other operations will be incooperated to the AAR too, but only as a sidenote.
I have so much things to say, and so little time to write...

if I understand right, I have to choose an other AAR to pass the award, probably not a hoi3 one. The thing is, I rarely read any other game's AARs then hoi3 ones, writing my own and playing the game consumes most of my free time.
I will start reading a few, and I will try to decide until next week. I may give it to a HOI3 one though, because I really don't have the free time to read dozens of new(new for me at least) AARs, but I'll promie, I will pass the award to a worthy AAR.

Thank you for reading this, and thanks for the award once more, I'm honored.

EDIT: If you guys would help a little and link a few good and new AARs(not form hoi3 I read most of those) for me to read, that would help a lot. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Congratulations Zaku:)

Congrats! :)

So, it is almost time to pass the award.
After reading several AARs from differerent games, I decided to give it to XHR, for his work on the HOI2 AAR: Ostfront 1941.
It is a narrative AAR, the biggest emphasis is on the operations, with a few screenshot to let us know the situation, and lots of well placed phothographs.
We also get some detailed information about the battles of some divisions in spererate chapters.

Congratuations XHR.

Last edited:
Ahh missed Zaku's nomination ! Congratulations :D As Ramba Ral would say : "Zaku to wa chigau no dayo! Zaku to wa!"

And now congratulations to XHR and his Ostfront :D

Last edited:
Jeez I am really flattened - so much that I am actually tempted to use more than one exclamation mark in the following sentence :D

Thank you very much!!!

As a few of you experienced wargamers around here know my AAR is still a very young one and also my very first so this really came quite unexpected! Though I have joined the forums a long time ago I mostly lurked and read AARs from time to time but I never felt as a part of this community. That has changed.
As Zaku wrote himself in his laudation a lot of my free time is spent playing and writing (the latter more so then the former) as even my small updates take at least an hour or more to write and I try to update often. To add some irony I started the AAR in the first place to bridge the time until Hoi 3 came out and I ended up still playing Hoi 2 :)
I owe a great deal of my motivation to the posters of comments in my AAR. While I unfortunately cannot mention them all my special thanks goes to Myth and Kurt_Steiner for their continuous intense support.

Again, thanks a lot and also many thanks for the congratulations!

Congratulations!