Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good choice! Congratulations, Mike von Bek! (Who is really in fact, Sir Humphrey. ;))

No such luck there Anonymous. ;) Congratulations for what is a most deserved AAR!

... :eek: Wow, thanks very much for the vote of confidence, guys. As to my similarity to Sir Humphrey - I neither confirm nor deny!

The AAR was inspired by a friend of mine who recently returned to Aus, having spent the last few years working in Oman. His tales inspired me to research the country, which led to me playing them in Victoria in order to perfect methods to civilise the uncivilised.

Which basically led to the AAR.

Choosing to stick with a strictly historical style has had both its advantages and disadvantages - on the one hand, I can blather on about any old thing - trade, politics, warfare to provide justification for my in-game decision - but on the other hand, there is a distinct lack of characters to pull the readers in. For the moment, Ill continue to stay with this style - but for my next AAR (a retelling of my EU2 Incan AAR, I think) I'll probably move to a pure character based style.

But that can wait for the moment - Im having too much fun being the Sultan right now :)

Sorry for the delay guys, havent been able to access the site since Monday morn. Anyway, since Gjerg Kastrioti's Nationalist China AAR has already made the grade, can I put forward Dead Williams A Line of True Bastards CK AAR as worthy of nomination?

Congratulations to everyone I missed! Mongolia? Oman? Louisiana? We pretty much spanned the globe in the last few months.

You like me! You really like me!

Ehem.

Well, I'd like to thank Mike von Bek for putting me on this list, quite an honour for my first, though hopefully not last AAR. I would like to nominate a newly started AAR, which I think shows great promise, by a fairly established writAAR. Zacharym87's. I hope he hasn't been recently awarded with anything, but I couldn't find him in the recent lists...

A short History of the Ottoman Empire

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198515

Thanks for the accolades, praise and felicitations. Now back to the grindstone...

Well deserved Zachary. Congrats! :cool:

Joe

I'm with CatKnight here - sorry for missing the last few recipients, but congrats are certainly in order. It's an honor well deserved when coming from peers. And it looks as though I have some new AARs to check out.

Congratulations! :)

Hi all, sorry I'm so late nominating the next weekly showcase, I was out of town until late Sunday night and then the server was down every time I checked on Monday and Tuesday. I've chosen as my successor a Vicky AAR by a relatively new WritAAR whose style I'm enjoying quite a bit. It's about Austria's struggle for international respect and Arabian provinces: Check it out here:Metternich's Faint Shadow: An Austrian AAR by a mediocre player

Last edited:
Congrats Sesqui! I think you've done quite well personally. It's no WC... but personally I find WCs boring, and I like to read about the occasional setback. Austria's very strong in your game!

Well seeing as the AAR I nominated last week has been inactive for the entire week, I've been asked to make a new choice. This was a very difficult decision as there are several quite promising AARs around the forums these days, but I'm going to nominate an excellent writAAR who by some bizarre oversight has not held the new showcase as of yet: Farquhasan and his highly amusing tale of the ancestors of King Balthazar: The Sons of Balthazar: A County of Venaissin AAR

zacharym87 said:
Well seeing as the AAR I nominated last week has been inactive for the entire week, I've been asked to make a new choice. This was a very difficult decision as there are several quite promising AARs around the forums these days, but I'm going to nominate an excellent writAAR who by some bizarre oversight has not held the new showcase as of yet: Farquhasan and his highly amusing tale of the ancestors of King Balthazar: The Sons of Balthazar: A County of Venaissin AAR

Actually what took me so long is that I've never, until this weekend, read any non-Vicky AARs. (Which is logical because Vicky is my first and for now at least only Paradox game.) I actually did choose a successor from among the few non-Vicky AARs I read over this weekend, and was about to announce the new recipient of this award. But I'm glad someone else, with a larger set of "read" AARs to choose from, has decided to take over this responsibility. :)

Thanks Zachary!

Congratulations Farq! I've enjoyed your work ever since the EU2-Mombasa chronicle with all its African style stories. I just read up on your CK work and I'm enjoying it!