Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratz, Anguille, finally you got what you fully deserve :)

Anguille's chosen his successor! He PMed me earlier today asking if this choice was legal. I can't think of any reason it wouldn't be ... though I hope some of you speak French to let us know how good it is. :)

So yes, Anguille's pick takes us over to the Forum Francophone. Here it appears jerry has started an HOI2 Nationalist China AAR worth an extra look!

Congratulations, jerry!

China's destiny, AAR HoI II (French) by jerry

Although my French isn’t very good from what I saw it looked like a nice AAR.

Congratulations jerry :)

Congratulations! Easy to forget there are non-English AARs.

Anguille said:
What i like from Jerry's AAR (My favorite is the one about HOI: Japan 1936) is the way he uses pictures...it's very readable even without knowing the language
Indeed. Graphically that's probably the best AAR that I've seen. Its a throughly innovative piece of work and one that I fully intend to copy at some point in the future :)

Very nice looking and my pidgeon French allows for some slight bit of understand. ;) Congrats!

I...well, stared at the pretty pictures just now since my French is laughable.

The pictures tell the story. Don't let not knowing the language stop you, and as Anguille and Comrade say the graphics are excellent.

As near as I can make out, he unifies or allies with the other Chinese states, then not only stops the Japanese invasion, but a few years later takes them out completely.

By then the Soviets are falling before Germany, and jerry takes them from behind. Germany annexes the Soviets, setting up a cataclysmic battle for control of central Asia. For awhile it looks like his readers are urging him to seek an armistice, but he presses on.

Helped by a flanking move through Persia, continued British resistance and an American invasion of Norway, he finally gains the upper hand though it's still far from over. We're in early 1946 and fighting around Moscow.

Definitely worth looking at!

Hello,
" Ce sera le seul mot prononcé en anglais "....oui ! je sais,mon accent est pitoyable :D

Je suis surpris d'apparaître dans le Showcase et aussi très honoré. Je remercie Anguille de m'avoir nommer ainsi que CatKnight pour son petit résumé de China's destiny (Ah ben non ! en fait c'est la seconde fois que j'emploie un mot anglais)

Si cette nomination pouvait servir de passerelle entre nos deux forums, ce serait une excellente chose, car après tout les jeux, eux sont identiques.
Si vous êtes interressés par les trésors Aaristiques, voyez par vous-mêmes :

HERE

Salutations à vous tous !
Jerry

jerry said:
Hello,
" Ce sera le seul mot prononcé en anglais "....oui ! je sais,mon accent est pitoyable :D

Je suis surpris d'apparaître dans le Showcase et aussi très honoré. Je remercie Anguille de m'avoir nommer ainsi que CatKnight pour son petit résumé de China's destiny (Ah ben non ! en fait c'est la seconde fois que j'emploie un mot anglais)

Si cette nomination pouvait servir de passerelle entre nos deux forums, ce serait une excellente chose, car après tout les jeux, eux sont identiques.
Si vous êtes interressés par les trésors Aaristiques, voyez par vous-mêmes :

HERE

Salutations à vous tous !
Jerry

Translation

Hello,
" This will be my only word in english "....yes ! i know, my accent is pathetic :D

I am surprised to appear in the showcase and very honoured. I thank Anguille for nominating me as well as CatKnight for his little summary of ma AAR China's destiny (oh, actually it's my second word in english).

If this nomination could be used as a bridge between our two forums, that would be great, as all the games are the same.
If you're interested in Aartistics treasures, check for yourself:

HERE

Greetings to all !
Jerry

two awards in the same week? damn you, Thistletooth! :mad:
:D
congratulations though.

And just awarded a showcase as recently as Oct 2006. It must be a very good week indeed, Thistletooth. Congrats.

Congratulations, Thistle. Didnt you just get the character writaar of the week, also. Besides this and Writaar, that is?

jerry said:
J'ai pris le temps de parcourir votre forum et je dois avouer qu'il y a beaucoup d'AAR de qualité. Il y en a un en particulier qui a retenu mon intention :
Il s'agit de celui ci : Résurrection of the Romanovs

J'apprécie vraiment ce que tu fais Thistletooth.
Congratulations

NB- si Anguille pouvait traduire.merci.

rough transaltion follows-
I have taken the time to look through your forum and I must affirm that there are many great AARs. There is one that has caught my eye : the one called Resurrection of the Romanovs.

I really like what you have done, Thistletooth.

I'll let you into a little secret, Thistletooth, if I had not thoughtthat there was a rule against holding two aAARds in the same week, I'd have asked to be allowed to nominate two WritAARs of the week, yourself along with Kingmbutu.

I am truly gratified to see this work and its author honoured in every way.

Well done Thistletooth, two awards in one week. Congratulations :)