• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for the nomination Karl. On what date should we come forward with our own nomination, seeing as Karl has nominated us early? I'll consult with the rest of the guys and we'll make a decision for the appointed date. I'm not a Vicky 2 player much (I own the game but don't really play it) so I'm unfamiliar with Awakening the Bear, but what better AAR to start my Vicky 2 AAR reading with than an AAR of the Week one? :p

Thank you, I enjoyed writing the AAR. I think I conveyed my early hope and my late desperation well.

Added this AAR to my pile; this is exactly why I follow this thread. Congrats, guys!

Congrats folks! ;)

Thank you all - I have only just started this AAR and a prize already! (After my last effort, I tend to think you need a 100 episodes to get into an AAR :eek:)

But it is always good to find others like what you do.

Unfortunately I haven't had much time to read AARs lately, what with exams and a court case, but I have read a few V2s mainly because I am so pathetic at it and I am looking to steal other people's good ideas. In fact, I am so bad I am prepared to steal losing strategies - they are still better than anything I come up with.

One AAR that I have found to be not only a great help but also fun to read is http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...tion-(for-n00bs!)-A-Japanese-AHD-Tutorial-AAR.

Written by Avindian, it is very different from my own style, but he can do what I find hard: stick to the point and explain clearly, using the narrative as a aide, not a monster that devours all.

I realise that most awards are for writers who have differing objectives, but Avindian stated his clearly and his style has allowed to make instruction fun.

So I nominate "Reliving the Restoration (for nOObs) A Japanese AHD Tutiral AAR for the Weekly AAR Showcase.

PS I realise that officially this AAR has finished, but only a week or so ago, and it is still active as far as posts go.

congrats Avindian, another superb Victoria tutorial AAR - and an entertaining read in its right.

Can you please not pass on the award till 9 December though. This thing is fast becoming the daily showcase at the speed our recent winners seem to want to be rid of it. I know the usual grumble is people sitting on them too long, but it helps everyone to keep to the weekly schedule.

Well deserved, congratulations Avindian!

Thanks very much, everybody! I will do as Loki asks and keep this one under my hat until December 9.

I don't believe I've offered my congratulations yet, congratulations on winning the Showcase and on your promotion to Demi Mod!