Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well deserved.:) Congrats General!

Congrats General_BT!

Wow... first, thank you to canonized for deciding to pass this honor on to me, but second, more importantly, thank you everyone who reads, comments, and let's me pick their brain for ideas (if you've never experienced such a session, ask Calipah, RGB, or AlexanderPrimus what a madcap experience brainstorming can be. :D). Without our readers, where would AARland be?

This thank you also goes to AARland in general... I doubt I would have felt comfortable enough a year and a half ago anywhere else starting my AAR, and I doubt it would've gone so long without such a welcoming, friendly environment.

I plan on spending the next week looking for another AAR to pass this honor onto, someone who hasn't seen the spotlight yet, but who is nonetheless deserving. Thank you everyone, once again!

I know it's a few days early, but I'm headed out of town for several days this afternoon, and I wanted to make sure to pass the torch on this award to another AAR who has not yet seen it's limelight. This story is the tale of a group of exiles who shape and mold (and conquer) a new home. I am, of course, speaking of Mr. Capiatlist's Homelands: Tales of the Anglo-Prussians!

Congratulations !

Thank you everyone! Today has been a rather good day for my AAR as I just noticed the Q1 awards as well. :D

Honestly it is a huge honor, especially since I consider this my first real AAR (the first one that is not done in less than twenty posts). When I first started the AAR it was a side-project, I was working with Isaac Wolfe on another, very short-lived AAR, and the idea of playing Prussia (again) popped into my head. But this time I needed to do it completely independent. Usually I start off as Denmark, conquer it and give it to a lesser son. The whole idea has evolved into something beyond my direct control, so that's what is forcing me to play into EUIII and later Vicky.

And the language was fun, I am hoping to eventually give whole updates in Anglo-Prussian with English on the side. My girlfriend, a linguistic and a fan-fic writer, is very supportive of this hobby of mine, which makes it easy to do (unlike my homebrewing).

In a week, I plan to award this to a whole section that is in desperate need for attention, but still deserves recognition for their efforts and their love of the game. I don't know who yet, but I plan to award the next AAR showcase to an AAR from EU:Rome, so that some light can penetrate that forgotten realm.

Congratulations!

And good idea to highlight Rome. :cool:

Congratulations Mr. Capiatlist :)

Congratulations!

On a marvelous and rainy Independence Day that involves Burgers and English beer (yes, we've already noted the irony but Newcaste Ale is worth it) it is my job to award quite a few people. First up on my rounds is an AAR that I started reading and was quickly captivated by. It involves the folly of Gods in the lives of petty little men, civil war and a new twist that I hope to see resolved soon. So I am please to award the showcase to RossN's The Games Gods Play over in the EU:R forums. I do hope he resumes activity to accept this, but none-the-less a very good read.

Congratulations!