Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I make it three weeks. Did anyone notify Latvian?
Yes I did, but it is ages since he was online, and 26 days since he was online on steam

This sort of thing tends to happen when somebody nominates an author who's been inactive for almost a month. ;)

Then the thread is officially open for nominations. First come, first served!

If it is alright with everyone, I'd love to showcase Seelmeister's latest offering, Your Wee Bit Hill and Glen. It's probably the most engaging gameplay AAR I have read in a while, and is packed with plenty of action and intrigue to keep you as the reader interested.

Congratulations Seelmeister!

I nominate my own AAR, The Tales of Tyrol.

Wait. Densley beat me? Crap.

Congrats Seelmeister!!!!

Don't worry, Etzel; I'm sure you'll get your day soon enough. I for one am very much enjoying your latest AAR. ;)

I nominate my own AAR, The Tales of Tyrol.

One sincerely hopes your joking: nobody should ever nominate their own AAR, it's just wouldn't be in the spirit of the award.

Congrats Seelmeister!

Thank you very much DensleyBlair for the nomination, and for everyone who has offered their congratulations in this thread and the AAR itself. I was pleasantly surprised to see the nomination, and it will spur me on while I work on the next update.

I'll try to peak into as many AARs as time permits for the rest of the week before appointing a successor.

Well, I'm returning to the thread a few days early as I may not be around over the weekend, and I do not want to be late is revealing the new showcase.

I've tried to dip into as many new AARs as I can this week, as well as read the latest updates of the 10 or so I've been following, and I have to say it has not been an easy decision. There are some excellent writers out there, but unfortunately I can name only one successor. I am, however, confident that other writers time in the spotlight will follow in due course.

After much consideration, I am delighted to name Tanzhang's fantastic From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic as the next Weekly AAR Showcase.

Tanzhang writes a wonderfully rich narrative which explores the re-emergence of a Roman Republic in the High Middle Ages. The updates are beautifully written, and are accompanied by a mixture of gameplay shots and appropriate artwork. Tanzhang has also made some modifications to the game, not least by creating a fantastic shield for the revived Rome.

The AAR already has a strong following, but those of you who have not yet come across it are missing something rather special. Please join me in congratulating Tanzhang!

That AAR is awesome! Congrats Tanzhang!