• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
congratulations!

Well done DerKaiser, congratulations :)

very good AAR you have, and congrats on winning two AARwards.

Thanks to all!

By my reckoning this ought to be passed on fairly soon, so I'll get down to it!

DerKaiser

good job derkaiser, a well deserved aar!!

Congratulations

Thanks to mad general and RGB!

Time, I think, to pass the proverbial torch...

The AAR I'm going to nominate I've been following for a few weeks now, and I give it the award for several reasons. Firstly, it has an excellent history-book style which is enjoyable and easy to follow; second it has developed a great alternate-history (playing as the Teutonic Order) which I think could develop into something really intriguing as it moves further forward in time (the author's aim is play through three Paradox games if I understand correctly); and thirdly the author has recently had a crisis of confidence due to a perceived lack of readers, something one sees all too often, and that we should all strive to avoid, particularly in AARs as deserving as this one.

So, without further ado, the new Weekly AAR Showcase is:

The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Era I)

The author is rcduggan, so I invite you all to get over there and check out his AAR!

Congrats rcduggan/old man! :p

Congratualtions Mr. Duggy ! It's a great AAR ! WARLORDS HOORAH !

Congrats duggy! Another notch in the ole Warlord belt. Yeah!

Congrats rcduggan!

Well done rcduggan. Congratulations :)

thanks guys, it really means alot. I figure I'll put off making a speech for a while, and until then bask in the glory. :D

I guess I should update my siggy though, but I don't know whether to put 1/13 (the week starting) or 1/14 (the day I got the AARward)... which one is more correct?

but thanks again DerKaiser, :D. I'll look for a successor within the week.

Congratulations!

rcduggan said:
thanks guys, it really means alot. I figure I'll put off making a speech for a while, and until then bask in the glory. :D

I guess I should update my siggy though, but I don't know whether to put 1/13 (the week starting) or 1/14 (the day I got the AARward)... which one is more correct?

but thanks again DerKaiser, :D. I'll look for a successor within the week.
Above all, you might want to check the YEAR you won. ;)

Congrats. I've been out of pocket and have missed the latest updates but it is a well deserved honor, to be sure. :)

coz1 said:
Above all, you might want to check the YEAR you won. ;)

Congrats. I've been out of pocket and have missed the latest updates but it is a well deserved honor, to be sure. :)
that was the only time I made that mistake, usually I do it hundreds of more times. :D

'Bout time for a new showcase, methinks. ;)

damn, you're right, it is. someone dropped the ball on that.

EDIT: without much (any) fanfare, here is my successor: jeffg006, for his amazing AAR "Empire Under Heaven!"

it's a very enjoyable read, and one of my favorite Vicky AARs on the forum. Congratulations jeffg006, your AAR is the new showcase winner! :)

Last edited: