Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Quirnius.

I've stared at my computer screen for some time now, trying to come up with something to say, and I’m coming up blank.

How ironic to come up with writers block when accepting an award for your writing, kind of lack not showing up on the day you receive your perfect attendance award.

Anyway, I am humbled that anything I write should receive any attention at all, much less recognition in the form of an award. I personally do not consider myself a great writer (especially compared to some of the people we have here in AARland), and still people actually take time to read what I write, and comment back (probably out of sympathy for the slow kid). I am truly grateful to all of you.

As to the AAR itself, I started “The World is not Enough” because of the lack of WW1 AAR’s on the boards, and intended it as a straightforward gameplay AAR. It has evolved some since then as I have done some modding to better reflect what is taking place in the AAR, such as the collapse of Austria-Hungary. It is the modding that I think has attracted and interested people the most.

A lot has happened in 85 pages, but right now we are in the final death throes of the French, and preparing for the eventual invasion of England. Russia is in the early stages of a civil war, while Austria is in the final stages of her civil war. The most enjoyable part of the AAR for me at least has been the German navy which has been quite active in the war, and enjoyed a fair amount of success under the leadership of Admirals Gedicke, Röhrl, and von Spee (sorry Tirpitz died early in the war).

Anyway, that’s the AAR. Thanks to all for your congratulations, and thanks especially to my fellow Victorian Wannabe Tartar for nominating me. (by the way, congratulations on your own AAR’s, both of which are fine pieces of work).

Q

Maybe you could have repeated what you said two months ago when you first received this award for that AAR. Heh.

But it can't be denied that your AAR is one of the giants. And surprisingly so, as it is only a year old. (How long have I been here when I can say that AARs that are a year old are still 'young'?) And it's also in the exclusive club of AARs with six-digit viewcounts, which is quite a feat.

Congratulations Quirinus. Your AAR already has a great reputation, though I fear I haven't found the time to read it. Maybe someday, I'll come round to it.

Anyway, cheers!

well, being a holiday weekend here in the States, I thought I better go ahead and pass on the awarda day early (lest I forget it in what is shaping up to be a very busy day).

So thanks to everyone for the kind words and again thanks to Wannabe Tartar for his nomination, but it's time for a new writer's work to step into the spotlight.

I chose someone who has not recieved this award yet (much to my suprise). He has a tendancy in all his AAR's to take on more than he can handle, and I am hoping that trend is not repeating itself in his present AAR :D

I am speaking of course of Jestor, and his fine work from the CK forums:
[thread=284935]The Beautiful Girl and the History Class[/thread]

Which included a wonderful hot tub scene in the last update...

Congratulations Jestor !

A lot of nice AARs have received this AAR during the last weeks I see. Congratulations to Wannabe Tatar, Quirinus308 and Jestor. You are all writing great AARs and are well deserved winners of this award :)

Congrats to both of you two :) but then I'm usually busier commenting on y'all's AARs than writing my own or looking over here, so you should know I already like yr stuff!

j.

Jestor wins, congratulations, though I think the hot tub scene was an unfair advantage in clinching this award.

I'll never be able to think of history again without thinking of Melody, the de Semurs Kings of Italy and Croatia and hot tubs.

Congratulations!

Thanks, everyone, Quirinus308 in particular for nominating me! :)

Great news to start off the week and as always, I never expected it. :)

Sure makes the cold/flu thing I've got going on this week much more bearable ;)

:D at the hot tub comments.

Congrats Jestor.