Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats Rennslaer!

I just rec'd a copy of EU3 from Capt Janszoon. (Thanks!) Now I have to find a computer strong enough to run the poor puppy. :)

Many Congratulations on your fine work !

Congratulations Rensslaer!

Very many congratulations Renss!

Congrats Renslaer. I haven't read Sforza yet, but I will get there. Still waiting for updateds to "Colorado" though. ;)

congratulations man! I've been meaning to read your AAR, but never got around to. no I have a reason to. ;)

As a fan of what is becoming the flagship of the EUIII AAR forum, this is well deserved and has even earned kudos from outside this site's forums as to the types of AAR's that they enjoy.

Keep up the good work!

Wow! Thanks, Quirinus, for this honor! Quite an act to follow -- the fastest-growing, most popular AAR in the Victoria forum!

I've been "out of the picture" for a bit, because of job searching, interviews (I actually had one, this week!), wife sick, volunteer activities, board meetings, etc. Good Heaven!

So I didn't have the opportunity to congratulate you on your own award! You already know how big a fan I am of yours, so let me lay it out for everybody else... I've never been interested in World War I -- never, really, at all! But Quirinus has really made the era interesting with his choices of pictures, his detail of updates, his brilliant historybook slash gameplay style, etc. I know Allenby deserves credit for many of the same things, but I haven't had weeks to invest in reading his. But I've been along from the first with Quirinus' tale, and have enjoyed it immensely!

As for Sforza, my Milan AAR... Well... I never really expected to be writing it! :D I've always been a fan of playing German countries, or Japan, or... Anything, really, but a Mediterranean trading power (which, course, isn't much of a trading power, in this patch, but... :rolleyes: )...

Literally, the reason I'm writing about Milan is because when I was writing the Strategy Guide I figured someone would want to learn how to play one of these countries, so I'd better learn how so I could explain it! :D In doing so, I generally betatested with either Savoy or Milan, and actually had a blast, so... Here I am!

And aside from being surprised at what country I'm playing, I'm also surprised by its popularity... I'm a dramatic fiction and characterization artist, not a history or gameplay writer. But in Fire Warms (for which I received this award a while back), I quickly learned that people really liked my historybook style. It's that which is mostly represented in Sforza -- morphed with just generally conversational gameplay sometimes -- and I must assume that's what people are enjoying. I'm sure it also doesn't hurt that I update sometimes 3 times a day!

Having fun with my EU 3 addiction, when I do have a chance to play. Thankfully, I write out of habit, so it's not too distracting. Much more to come, and hopefully some other EU 3 AARs too!

Thanks, everybody, for your comments! I'm working on finding my successor...

Rensslaer

Rensslaer said:
I'm sure it also doesn't hurt that I update sometimes 3 times a day!
Don't be so sure. If you hadn't updated so much I probably wouldn't have to catch up on it now :p (lots of homework and an addictice game I found is in the picture though). I'll do it now anyways. Congrats.

:rofl:

All right... Well, the fact that there are two awards being offered to this person the very same week should indicate to all of us that there may be some truth behind the Templaric rumors surrounding the Grandmaster's connivations and schemes.

As I've already said in his AAR, I think it's very hard to do humor, consistently, in an AAR format. But I do like a good one when one comes along...

There is an AAR in the EU 3 forum which is not only challenging -- a small country against the world -- not only has some supernatural elements going on in the background (okay... in the foreground) and is also hilariously funny besides!

I don't know if Secret Master ever won WritAAR of the Week, but I know he hasn't won the Weekly Showcase, because he hasn't actually written (to my knowledge) since before the Showcase started. I understand he was quite revered "back in the day" before I got here. So it's good to see him in the limelight again.

Congratulations to Secret Master, for his Templaric Twits: Mediterranean Police -- our Weekly Showcase for the same week he's also the WritAAR of the Week!

Rensslaer

A double honor and worth it! Congrats once again, SM. Very creative and hilarious. :D

Again I'll add my voice to the choir of congrats being sung for you, SM. I'm wondering if a hattrick is in the realms of possibility? :cool:

A belated congratulations to Rensslaer and a current congratulations to Secret Master. ;) Both are well worth reading!

Joe

Congrats, Secret Master! WirtAAR of the Week and Weekly AAR Showcase is definatly something to be proud of!