• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Go ahead and pick again, Fulcrumvale :) We'll let your next choice enjoy the award til October 21. That'll bring us back on track!

Due to special circumstances regarding Thistletooth, I now have the honor of picking not one but two AAR to be featured in the the Weekly AAR Showcase. I herby nominate CatKnight’s wonderful Beyond Tannenberg II: The Knight's Tale. It is a masterful AAR with a little bit of everything: great history book writing, brilliant characterization and expert descriptions of political intrigue. It’s simply a wonder to behold. Read it!

An excellent choice! I've perused the work, CatKnight, but must read the whole thing. If it is as good as the first attempt, I am sure I will enjoy it. I guess I have a new work to add to the reading list. Shame on me that it is not already.

Congrats, sir! :)

Congrats CatKnight! Sadly I only read HOI2 AAR`s and won`t start reading EU AAR`s before EU3 is out ;) .

A most delicious and delightful AAR. Excellent choice.

A splendid choice. Congratulations CatKnight :)

Congrats Cat! Well deserved for such a good tale!

Congrats, Catknight!

Congratulations, well-deserved. You have created a nice mix of history book (with heavy emphasis on the politicking) and personal account (with the increasingly bitter knight). It gives a nice slant to the more usual formats of either full-blown history book or narrative.

Looking forward to more updates: I hope this one will run longer than the last one. :)

Ahh, fans. How glorious.

I am Konrad von Erlichshausen, and since Cat hasn't updated this AAR lately, I am still Grandmaster of the Teutonic Knights. You may leave your gifts on the table.

This story that Fulcrumvale has wisely chosen for this award is the story of how I led the Teutonic Knights to the cusp of a glorious new age. Everything that happened up to my ascension, such as a quick slap at Poland followed by the Hussite 'Crusade', were merely stepping stones. I, of course, was the crowning achievement. I now leave it to my nephew to finish our Order's rise to greatness so none shall ever forget my name.

Our names, of course.

This is not to imply that I could have done all of this on my own, of course. In AAR, I wish to thank Paul Bellizer von Russdorf, for being too simpleminded to secure the conclave for his chosen candidate, thus finally causing the compromise that led to my rise. I also wish to thank Michel von Bromberg, the Butcher of Prague, for dying. He was in the way.

Out of AAR, I wish to again thank Fulcrumvale. His Baden AAR is a brilliant example of what not to do in game, and helps funnel folk to read about my glory. I wish to thank my other readers for recognizing quality when they see it. I wish to thank Cat's job for injuring his left ring finger, which has delayed new posts and makes watching him type exceptionally amusing. Lastly, I wish to thank Paradox for coming up with a game that required Cat to make Bohemia Sunnite if he wanted to reflect a Hussite victory. The expression on Cat's face was priceless.

Now that I'm done basking in your adoration, I have an Order to run until Cat posts. Which hopefully will be a long time coming.

Deus vult!
- Konrad von Erlichshausen
Hochmeister, Teutonic Order

Last edited:
Congratulations Catknight, and you too Grand Master! :D

:rofl:

I so made the right choice.