Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, Virgiltchicken! :)

congrats! btw your map is out of date. by now he has released germany as a puppet and attacking ussr and romania :p;)

Thanks everyone. I’m just glad to contribute to the forum which taught me virtually everything I know about all things Paradox. I would like to especially thank LM+ and all my readers for the kind words and enthusiasm they constantly provide. Stay tuned for the 1939 year end wrap up!

It looks like I’ll have to get caught up on reading AARs. I have one in mind for next week, a certain Victoria game I’ve been following, but it hasn’t been updated in a while.

Well done Virgiltchicken, congratulations :)

I would like to point out that you're using my flag! :mad:

Well done, Virgiltchicken. I will check out your AAR.

Drum roll please

The AAR I've selected to replace my own is a great Victoria game, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Saint Petersburg. The premise is to liberate Finland as Sweden by an early war to take St. Petersburg. After that, things escalate. This AAR taught me that a good economy isn't everything!

Congratulations Quirinus308!

Last edited:
GREAT choice!

Glad to be the first to pass on my congratulations to my friend, Quirinius!

St. Petersburg is truly a work of wonder. But you'll also want to check out his newest one, The Great War (Victoria).

And congrats to you, also, Virgil! I've been meaning to hop on over and check yours out. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. I will!

Rensslaer

Congratulations Qurinius.

I've always been meaning to read that, but I always got waylaid. Congratulations, Quirinus308!

Keaton said:
Sorry for connecting with my routes.

So you are using the Ethiopia flag (which belongs to me) as your avatar to connect to your...trade routes? :wacko:

Assuming you mean roots, can you trace your lineage to one of Amhara, Oromo, Gurage, Sidamo, Harer, Tigrinya, Agaw, Kaffa, etc.?

If so, I relinquish all claim to that avatar. It's yours to do with as you wish.

If not,
shakehead4wa.gif

Congratulations, Quirinus308! :)

Sniff, sniff, you love me, you really love me...

Thank you to all, but I just have one question for Virgiltchicken:

Are you on drugs....

Seriously thank you for the nomination and to everyone else for for your support in reading what was basically just a great big experiment for me.

I never thought I would get into writing an AAR, but it has turned out to be a most enjoyable experience, and now I just keep getting new ideas for AAR's. I just wish I had the time to do them all.

For those of you who are wondering, the AAR is not dead, I just needed a break. there is really only one opponent left (China with 450 divisions), so there is no reason why I shouldn't finish it, I just need a dew more hours in my day.

For those of you who don't know what Virgiltchicken was talking about when he mentioned the economy, I'll show you (this is after I had already suffered through 4 or 5 bankruptcies)

9e11ac86ba.bmp

I don't know what the record is for most debt, but I expect that I should be near the top of the list. My debt is actually higher than this, as the game has progressed some since this pic was taken.

Anyway, thanks again for all who read A Funny Thing: Proof you shouldn't drink and manage a Victorian economy at the same time :rofl:

In other news, I am at a lost as to who to nominate from here. The two AAR's I've been following lately are:
-84 years in Vienna (Victoria), but you are not supposed to nominate from the same game, but it's a great AAR from one of our newest writers
-the new Carthaginain Empire (HOI2), this one really had it all, alternate history, wars, spam, locked thread, visits from Lord Duram, it was great, but alas it suffered the dreaded crash... (still go check it out)

Any suggestions on some great AAR's in the other forums let me know...

Quirinus308 said:
but you are not supposed to nominate from the same game
That really doesn't apply for Vicky. The rule is there so that there isn't only HoI AARs for a whole month in a row, and in lesser extend EU. That rarley happeneds with Vicky.

And suggestions for other AARs? Hmmm, what about mine. I'm the only who who does an AAR in the Dippy forum. No, seriosly. I would like to see Fnuco getting an awAARd for some of this AARs (they are quite some, great pieces of work. You should find them in his sig) I think it's time for that. Of course that are loads and loads of great AARs out there but that's what poped up in my mind right now.