• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Saithis!

Congratulations Saithis!

Yet another great AAR I'm going to read - congrats!

What can I do other than express mild astonishment and offer my thanks to Fiftypence and to all of the others for their congratulations. I can't say I necessarily agree that it's worth winning any kind of award with only four short installments (well, five if you count the update I just posted) and little character development or plot behind it, but I guess that's half the fun.

I suppose I should spend the next couple of days reading up on other AAR forums. I've not been here very long so I can't say I'll be well equpped to pick one, but I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, thank you all very much, I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. :D

My apologies to the community!

After a long delay I would like to thank both The_Guiscard for his nomination of my AAR and all the kind well wishers. I am deeply ashamed that I was unable to receive them in time and placed The_Guiscard who should have received my whole hearted thanks in the awkward position of having to play my substitute due to my contentious absence.

I apologize to all readers for this inconvenience and guarantee you that it was not out of ill will or disregard that I abstained from all forum proceedings in the last month. Furthermore off course I would like to over my congratulations to all those great writers nominated ever since.

I hope to be able to present myself in a more favorable light in the near future and show myself worthy of your kind consideration.

I've already said it in your AAR and I'll say it once more here: No need for an apology, the demands of real life can at times interfere. We all know that.

And having had to name your successor in your stead was not awkward - it afforded me the opportunity to give recognition to a second excellent AAR after your own. :)

What a good pick! I've been reading Saithis' story from the beginning, and its certainly riveting! Congratulations!

With a week gone it seems it's time to pass on the nomination, with one last thanks to those who supported little old newbie me. I'll see about keeping updates more semi-frequent in thanks.

In any case, I'd like to nominate the following for the AAR showcase:

I nominate the following:

The United States: 'Prophets of a New Order' by TC Pilot.

It is a very well-written narrative, focused on an America wracked by civil war in a world where the USA never joined the Great War and the Entente was defeated by the Central Powers. Though it's been slow to update recently, I found it a very entertaining read worth more attention, and I hope TC Pilot can get back to a rapid updating schedule soon, as it is easily one of the most entertaining HOI pieces I've come across so far. Definitely worth paying attention to, and I look forward to seeing what comes next. I know it's not his first AAR nomination here, but I think a gap approaching three years is plenty of time to justify nominating him again, and I honestly think this deserves a spot. Congratulations again, TC Pilot.

Last edited:
Congrats TC Pilot! I need to get over and check out the HoI2 AARs. So many good ones.

Congratulations TC Pilot!