+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 267 FirstFirst ... 5 30 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 80 105 130 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 5329

Thread: Weekly AAR Showcase: Österreich über Alles

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Congratulations, Thistle. Didnt you just get the character writaar of the week, also. Besides this and Writaar, that is?
    Was würde Brian Boitano tun?

Quote Originally Posted by jerry
    J'ai pris le temps de parcourir votre forum et je dois avouer qu'il y a beaucoup d'AAR de qualité. Il y en a un en particulier qui a retenu mon intention :
    Il s'agit de celui ci : Résurrection of the Romanovs

J'apprécie vraiment ce que tu fais Thistletooth.
    Congratulations

NB- si Anguille pouvait traduire.merci.
    rough transaltion follows-
    I have taken the time to look through your forum and I must affirm that there are many great AARs. There is one that has caught my eye : the one called Resurrection of the Romanovs.

I really like what you have done, Thistletooth.

I'll let you into a little secret, Thistletooth, if I had not thoughtthat there was a rule against holding two aAARds in the same week, I'd have asked to be allowed to nominate two WritAARs of the week, yourself along with Kingmbutu.

I am truly gratified to see this work and its author honoured in every way.

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Well done Thistletooth, two awards in one week. Congratulations
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

DiplomacyDivine WindFor the MotherlandEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

That must REALLY be something, or you've bribed the entire forum
    Snake IV used to be a regular, but not anymore. You might, however, come across him at rare occasions, but that is so seldom you'll manage.

Mercenary Extradordinaire Inkana's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snake IV
    Mhm. That Xbox 360 is really cozy next to my TV!
    Current AARs:

God Save Us All...A Horribly Destructive Alternate History. (HoI2)

What if...? France's pleas to Austria and Bavaria had gone through, and Prussia had lost the Franco-Prussian war, thus not allowing a united Germany to form?

Now Updated on a Semi-Regular Basis!

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Congratulations!
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

Strategy Cognoscenti Demi Moderator Myth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper Fi

congrats!
    I have unfortunately not gotten around to reading it, but I think I'll be starting in the next couple days...
    Read about my full body of AAR works here!

Fan of the Week 13/08/09

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegio
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Congratulations, Thistletooth! Now you have two speeches to write for us!
    Active:
    Random World Order(EU4, Random)

Past:
    Beyond Tannenberg IV: The More Things Change(EU4, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Defeated))
    Beyond Tannenberg III: The Last Crusade (EU3, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Corrupt Save))
    Resurrection: Rebirth of the United States COMPLETED!
    CatKnight's Inkwell

Sanctioned OT Hall Monitor Thistletooth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Hey, I completely missed this thread. Thanks to everyone who thanked me, like, six days ago. Man, it's been so crazy, and I haven't had enough time to properly digest all the love, what with my two other nominations this week (). Probably the high point of my spotty AAR career, and I've been overwhelmed with work and school and other stupid crap. And one night of drunken stupidity, of course.

Anyway, since I've already nominated a Vicky AAR and a CK AAR, I guess I have to go with an EU one, and as I don't have EUIII yet, I'll just nominate the AAR that I've been following as my kind of introduction. Besides, it's about time somebody around here started talking about that game.

So, without further ado, my nomination:

I bet you're all so excited, aren't you?

The Deconquista: A Granada AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Snake IV
    Oh, shaddup. If I had bribed the forum, I'd've made it totally obvious. Both of my AARs would have won.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegio
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Snake: I believe the mods are currently investigating reports Thistletooth bribes those who nominated him with EU3 Collectors Editions.

This is actually our 2nd EU3 AAR, so we've talked about it...but no less deserving. Welcome Dysken! Congratulations!
    Active:
    Random World Order(EU4, Random)

Past:
    Beyond Tannenberg IV: The More Things Change(EU4, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Defeated))
    Beyond Tannenberg III: The Last Crusade (EU3, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Corrupt Save))
    Resurrection: Rebirth of the United States COMPLETED!
    CatKnight's Inkwell

Khan of the Crimea Hajji Giray I's Avatar
    EU3 Complete500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Hey, one of my favorites! Congratulations, Dysken - well-deserved!
    Friends, I am no longer a regular visitor to the Paradox forums. However, you can attract my attention at any time by sending me a PM. I am notified by e-mail and will happily get in touch. ~ Hajji

The Official OT Forum Museum
    a collection of the best OT posts and threads of all time!

Debts Unpaid: The First Guy Marlborough Mystery
    Five times an AARland Choice Winner!
    View a directory of my other AARs

Sanctioned OT Hall Monitor Thistletooth's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by CatKnight
    Snake: I believe the mods are currently investigating reports Thistletooth bribes those who nominated him with EU3 Collectors Editions.
    So...I offered other posters versions of a game that they probably have but that I don't. Yep, that sounds perfectly reasonable.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Congratulations, Dysken!
    Was würde Brian Boitano tun?

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Wow! Thanks to all of you readers and Thistletooth in particular . What a perfect way to celebrate my 1000 post

This, my 2nd AAR has a peculiar background story. It all started as a brag post on the EUIII main forum. I had read a post some days before about Granada being impossible to play. So of course I decided to give it a shot. It went extremely well and I whomped Castille in the first war. So I made a post about it and enclosed a screen with me beating the Castillians good and well. I didn't expect much of a response, but I was wrong. After just a few hours i had tons of replies and many of them asking for an AAR. I was not convinced however since the first one I had written had been a miserable failure . After a day or two I said "screw it", played through the first Granada game, learned a few lessons and started up a new one with the plan to make an AAR about it. I like the fact that it was spawned from popular demand and that is what keeps me from discontinuing it I suppose.

About the AAR itself. I was inspired by Rocketman's mega Bavarian AAR, which has sadly been discontinued. The literary style made it easy to include little internet memes and emoticons which would shorten the time it would take to write an update and leave people in no doubt about what I meant.
    After that it has lived a life of it's own in my head, but most of the goofs and jokes come quite naturally as I look at the screenshots. A problem with writing EU3 AARs for me is that characters die off rather quickly. By now I've been through a throng of kings and 3 advisors already.

Thanks all of y'all once more!
    /Dysken
    Last edited by Dysken; 12-02-2007 at 14:44.
    "Success seems to be connected to action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." - Conrad Hilton

Bring back the American Politics Megathread.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    This is a great choice and wonderful to see some of the new EUIII works highlighted. It's a very funny AAR and he has done quite well with Granada.

Congrats Dysken. Now I just need to get caught up with your last updates there and the other one you are working on...and then those new ones that started yesterday...and update...anyway, enjoy the week.
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

I remember this one from the EUIII forum but unfortunately I've not had time to follow its rebirth as an AAR. Something that I'll have to rectify soon. Congrats Dysken!
    Freedom in capitalist society always remains about the same as it was in the ancient Greek republics: freedom for the slave-owners
    VI Lenin

(Interim Avatar)
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome

congratulations Dysken!
    The Ebony Cross and the Sacred Eagle (Ongoing)
    ---Favorite History-Book AAR, Eu3 (Q2 2008)
    ---Weekly AAR Showcase, 1/13/08
    Charter member of "The Warlord Club"

Awards:
    Fan of the Week: 3/4/07, 4/29/07, 6/18/07, 2/19/08, 4/11/08
    WritAAR of the Week: 5/20/07
    I was canonized! 4/21/07

My ink well thingy...

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

A very nice AAR. Congratulations Dysken
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Congratulations Dysken

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Congratulations Dysken. May it be just the first of many!
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 267 FirstFirst ... 5 30 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 80 105 130 155 ... LastLast