+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 267 FirstFirst ... 15 40 65 90 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 140 165 190 215 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 5333

Thread: Weekly AAR Showcase: Österreich über Alles

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Congratulations TheHyphenated1
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

Romanorum Imperator Augustus asd21593's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

Congrats, TheHyphenated1 !

asd
    My AAR Library
    -not writing at the moment-

Many apologies for the extended absence everyone!

I'll be back tomorrow with my special feature and nomination of next week's Weekly Showcase.
    Weltkriegschaft
    The Alternate History of the Third Reich

HoI1/2/3 Favorite Narrative AAR: Q1 2008 & Q3 2008 & Q2 2009, Best Character Writer of the Week: 18/5/08 & 10/11/08
    Weekly AAR Showcase: 12/10/08, WritAAR of the Week: 05/08/08,
    Canonized on 08-06-08

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Quote Originally Posted by Milites
    Uhm.. bump?
    Ehm, maybe it is now on a Monthly AAR Showcase?

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Well it looks like TheHyphenated1 is online right now . i sent him a PM to remind him to name someone ; I also just contacted trekaddict and I think he's prepared to name someone else if TH1 can't do it if we want to do it that way .
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by canonized
    Well it looks like TheHyphenated1 is online right now . i sent him a PM to remind him to name someone ; I also just contacted trekaddict and I think he's prepared to name someone else if TH1 can't do it if we want to do it that way .

Yup, I'd do that. I'd have one by tonight I think.
    "That's right, Adolf. The British are coming." - The Eleventh Doctor
    "My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
    Against all Odds: The British Empire in World War Two (ongoing) Last updated 09/22/14 Index - Index 2 - Index 3 - Knowledgebase -
    Inkwell Entry Visit the Dictionary!

Possibly the world's most British German as awarded by El Pip here.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trekaddict
    Yup, I'd do that. I'd have one by tonight I think.
    Sounds like a plan, guys. Let's give TheHyphenated1 until the end of the day to choose a new AAR. If he has not by tomorrow, trekaddict can chose the next one. Thanks for keeping this moving along, folks.
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Weltkriegschaft Special Feature (as promised, even if terribly tardy)

From Savegame to Post: Writing an Installment of Weltkriegschaft

The process for creation of an update begins with reference to my source material -- the savefiles and notes that I took while playing the game.

I try to keep close track of both the immediate game situation and the events that may be still brewing and will occur in several months or a year. The latter concern is particularly important to me in Weltkriegschaft because it contributes so significantly to the sense of realism in the world of the story.

Think of this: although the HoI2 engine might only recognize D-Day as beginning when the invasion divisions are loaded on the transport flotillas in the Channel, it would be silly if a narrative account didn’t take into account the years of planning and preliminary work that went into the operation.

For this reason, I try to introduce elements into my story long before they become large enough to be recognized by the game engine. Even though France’s declaration of war in April came completely out of the blue as far as the game engine is concerned, I built into the narrative the long period of “rumbling” that would have occurred in real life. Likewise with the story of Ernst Trommler, which is still building to far-off events.

This way, when I post an update, it is almost never out of the blue. Almost always there is a thread in an earlier update, perhaps from a different narrative character, that it picks up. Rather, then, than seeming like an idea that I as the author simply dreamed up since posting the last update (which hurts the story’s believability) -- the post has roots that readers can find in earlier chapters and enjoy the “aha moment” of recognizing a connection between the two. Case in point -- II:VIII shows Hjalmar Schacht giving an economic presentation to the Reich’s leaders. In passing he mentions one Dr. Harold Krause as the new head of the Office of Fuel Production. In II:XIV, we learn of the French invasion through the eyes of a twelve-year-old girl who turns out to be Krause’s daughter -- a character who may well ultimately see more “screen time” than Schacht himself!

At any rate, I afford myself the ability to think in these terms by constantly staying many steps ahead of the story as readers see it posted on the Forum. Looking at my notes, I’ll decide upon the threads that need to be advanced, and the character through which this should be done. Then I’ll look for a brief description to sum up the update. “Johann Mahler defends Herseaux,” for example.

I have a master outline and usually have these descriptions about ten updates in advance. This helps me to build a coherent progression of action and avoid updates feeling “samey”.

Once I have the single-sentence description, I make a list of the important points to hit -- narrative elements to include, points from the game that need to be covered or mentioned, and any points that need research.

For research I rely upon my various historical reference books, the internet and GoogleEarth. Additionally, I’m fortunate to have access to an excellent university library nearby and on several occasions where I was really stuck have emailed people in the know -- history professors, authors and a very gracious Swiss hotel executive. I try to be very careful about the small details as well. It’s great to give your readers an exacting floor plan of the Reichschancellery, but much is lost if in your zeal for research you overlook the fact that as of the current year in the story it, er, hasn’t been built yet. Confession: I very nearly did.

Armed with relevant research, I’m usually able to write an update pretty quickly. As time goes on and readers gain more and more tolerance for lengthier updates, I’ve been slowly increasing average length, though, which slows things down a bit.

As it happens, my next update is due out any time now, and I must attend to it out of consideration to the loyal readers long-deprived by my recent absence. So here I’ll end: with another hearty thank-you to trekaddict and all those who’ve offered their congratulations. I will post this week’s showcase winner momentarily!
    Weltkriegschaft

HoI1/2/3 Favorite Narrative AAR: Q1 2008 & Q3 2008 & Q2 2009, Best Character Writer of the Week: 18/5/08 & 10/11/08
    Canonized on 08-06-08

A big congratulations to the winner of this week's Weekly Showcase: the excellent Furor Normannicus , and its author The_Guiscard.

May I be the first to congratulate you on your fine work, The_Guiscard!
    Weltkriegschaft

Canonized on 08-06-08

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Great speech and insight there , TH1 ! And congratulations the_guiscard !! Very well deserved !
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    Congratulations, this AAR is getting quite a lot of awards lately, might have to take a peak soon

Sons of Santiago - Restored Narrative AAR for Victoria II

Last Update: 25/09/2012

-------------------------------------------------
    The Inkwell - All my, and many others, AARs in one place!
    I've Been Canonized! and made Patron Saint of TimeTravellers

Cisár všetkých Slovákov demokratickid's Avatar
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Blog Entries
    A hearty congrats, The_Guiscard!
    Current AAR: Das Vereinigte Königreich von Mitteleuropa - Last Updated: October 19, 2011
    My illustrious Inkwell is right here for your enjoyment!
    AWARDED: Irish Shamrock Cookie by King_Richard_XI
    I'VE BEEN CANONIZED

A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    OK..that settles it...I'm going to finally read Furor Normannicus! Congratulations The_Guiscard!

"We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on the one hand, of overwhelming power on the other."
    - George C. Marshall, Chief of Staff

Current AAR:
    AMERICA Saves the World! last update: February 15, 2013 voted favorite HOI AAR in 2012 Q3 and Q4 ACAs
    Incredibly outdated AARs:
    WIELKOPOLSKA - Rise of the White Eagle - A Polish AAR
    OUR LADY OF SORROWS - The Seven Tragedies of Poland

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the MotherlandEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Lead and GoldMagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

A hearty congratulations to one of my favorite Aarthurs!

Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Much-deserved; in my opinion, the finest AAR currently being written. Of ones that I read. I'm busy at work, so I'm reading it plus a few others. . . uh, I mean it's really good! Congratulations! Seriously, well-deserved.

52 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultDungeonlandEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneImpireEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: Warships
    The Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty II CollectionMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    War of the RosesEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Gratz The_Guiscard!

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Many congratulations! It's on my 'to read' list, but unfortunately exams are on my 'to pass' list, which overrides.
    Quote for the Week No. 4:
    "To be immortal is commonplace; except for man, all creatures
    are immortal, for they are ignorant of death."
    - Jorge Luis Borges.

Blasted Conniving Roman General_BT's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Congratulations! Certainly well deserved!
    Awards
    My AARs:
    The Good One - Rome AARisen, a Byzantine AAR (Third map epilogue, 5-02-2012!)
    Table of Contents
    The Funny One (In Theory): Vikan Vojislavljevic is a Fool (Dead)
    The HOI2 One (Dead): Two Alexanders: Greece in the Age of Conflict (HOI2-Doomsday)
    The Teenage Girl One: Dear Diary, by Helene Palialogos (NEW UPDATE 06-10-10!)

+ Reply to Thread