+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 268 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 51 76 101 126 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly AAR Showcase: House of Threedrop

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Congrats Blodwen! This is simply more proof that I do not have enough hours in the day to read all the great work being done around. I must take a look at this AAR of yours. Enjoy the spotlight.
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Crusader Kings IIHearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis

Amric, I want to offer belated congratulations to you!

And Congratulations, Blodwen! An interesting premise you've adopted.

Rensslaer
    Serenity - (V2 v1.3) - An isolationist Japan tries to stay out of everybody's way (Updated July '13)
    Kriegsgefahr (Impending War) - (HOI3/SF/HPP) - Germany attempts to remain at peace! (Updated Apr '13)
    Locarno - Italy vs. Germany (HOI3/SF/HPP) - What if Mussolini stood with France against Hitler?
    The Die is Cast (Roman Civil War) - Caesar will make a name for himself! (Updated June '12)
    Império Novo - An Axis Portugal AAR for HOI 3 (Updated May '13)
    Fire Warms the Northern Lands - A Prussian Victoria 1 AAR (Awarded the VictAARian Cross for Jan-Jun 2006)
    Castles In the Sky (Vicky 1) * Sforza!!! - A Milan AAR (EU III) (Updated May '13) * I Am Siam (V2 Minor) (tied for Silver VictAARian Cross for Best AAR completed in 2011) * A Long Time Ago... (HOI 1 Argentina)* Check Rensslaer's Inkwell! (list of online writings)

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Congratulations to Amric for last week’s showcase.

And congratulations Blodwen for this week. Well done both of you, good work
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: Rome

S. Latitude 47° 9′, W. Longitude 126° 43′
    Blog Entries
    Well done, Blodwen.
    The Rodina and the Shackles of Humanity - A Soviet HOI3 AAR

"The Italians have a saying, Lemon, 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' And, although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct." - Jack in 30 Rock

#1 Producer of lame excuses Blodwen's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

Thanks guys, and special thanks for the nomination by a triple showcase winner.

As for the AAR, I guess I'll write a mini-description (Spoiler free) for it. It's about a world created by me in which the Nazis triumphed over Britain in 1940, and had wrapped up their war with the Soviets by mid-1942, effectively leaving the free world entirely dependent on the armed forces of the United States, and with Germany in reach of world conquest. I played as Germany till I got the bitter peace, and after that switched over to the United States and began a crusade of democracy against the Axis dominated Europe. If you want to see what I was up against, just click on the AAR and look at the second post, it's a lot of red.

This idea may not be genius or particularly revolutionary (though I have noticed a few new AAR's springing up with this style, but probably not influenced by me) but it was the first of it's kind AFAIK, which is probably the reason it has been so successful. The idea itself sprouted from two things, first of all is that I find all games incredibly replayable, you just have to play it in another way. Stuff like that just adds a little more fun for me. The second is my love of the underdog, like all of us. If you've read El Saviors Finnish AAR from a while back, you'll notice how great it is for him to build up the tension as little Finland prepares to fight off the Reds (he got butchered, but it was a good read). In my AAR, I wanted to do something like that but I decided to add the element of having a chance. I wanted an uneven balance of power, but not overwhelmingly in one direction.

I also didn't want to concentrate on the single nation played in the AAR, and as I was forced to move into purely speculative alt-history it allowed me to represent the view of as many nations as possible- nowadays in the AAR I'm writing as much if not more from the enemy's perspective than from that of the USA.

Finally, I'd like to say that as soon as I get back to writing about the more interesting parts of the now in speculative history format "AAR", then updates can come out faster. Right now I'm kind of stuck thinking about how to write about a bunch of boring but essential stuff, which is in the way of me getting down the zillions of ideas I have for 1944.

The AAR will be returning to actually being an AAR (though a history section will remain, as before the savefile deletion) after I get the Doomsday scenario editor and put it to effect, along with new events etc. Expect me to end my history style on quite a cliffhanger, and a set up for a good game.

And thanks again guys. For those who haven't read the AAR, do it now.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesWarlock: Master of the ArcaneEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Congratulations Blodwen, I've greatly enjoyed your AAR.
    "Being a freedom fighter, a force for good, it's a wonderful thing. You get to make your own hours, it looks good on a resume, but the pay sucks."

My current AAR: Regents and Revenge - a CK2 one-shot

#1 Producer of lame excuses Blodwen's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2

I'm back to give my vote.

Well, I'm not sure if I'm breaking the rules by doing this, but I'd like to nominate a brilliantly written AAR which ended mere hours after mine was put in the showcase.

The winner is: The Great Game: MP AAR

It really caught my eye with its Saga style, and I'm looking forward to its second installment, as the Norwegians move into a new era, and a new game (EU2).

Well done King of Men!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultFor The GloryEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Congrats King of Men!
    Northumberland Lives - new AAR for EUIV

And check out the Guess the Author thread - back and active!

The fAARq & Forum Rules
    Find all my AARs listed in The Ink Well

Visit my blog at Hear the Hurd

Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition

A really good story and a well deserved winner. Congratulations King of Men

Is it just me, or do MP AARs have difficulty making the showcase? Interesting trend.

Congratulations, King of Men!
    "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in a setting of silver" --Proverbs 25:11

WritAAR of the week: Feb. 12, 2006, Sep. 19, 2006
    CharactAAR writAAR of the week: Jan. 1, 2007

Dawn in the East
    "Her Home is on the Deep"

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Europa Universalis: Rome

S. Latitude 47° 9′, W. Longitude 126° 43′
    Blog Entries
    Well done, King of Men!
    The Rodina and the Shackles of Humanity - A Soviet HOI3 AAR

"The Italians have a saying, Lemon, 'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.' And, although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct." - Jack in 30 Rock

Resident Opportunist King of Men's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I was banned from religion threads before it was cool. And after it was cool.
    Thank you, gentlemen! That really bucks me up, in spite of having to be up at an ungodly hour of the morning. Truly, just the encouragement I needed.

MP Megacampaigns :
    The Great Game: CK, EU2, EU2 stats, Vicky, Doomsday.
    There Will Be War: CK, EU3, Vicky, Arma.
    Children of the Fatherland: Crusader Kings. Divine Wind I II Victoria 2
    Final update 22-January-2013: Final Overview
    God Will Know His Own: CK2 EU3

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesWarlock: Master of the ArcaneEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Congratulations King of Men on a really interesting AAR! Look forward to more in the EU2 era.
    "Being a freedom fighter, a force for good, it's a wonderful thing. You get to make your own hours, it looks good on a resume, but the pay sucks."

My current AAR: Regents and Revenge - a CK2 one-shot

Leading the Mombotian Horde Lurken's Avatar
    200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2

At the Temple of Mombot, nailing up 103 boards
    Quote Originally Posted by fj44
    Is it just me, or do MP AARs have difficulty making the showcase? Interesting trend.
    Perhaps because there isn't that many MP AARs out there...
    "Godfather of the Superpower games" according to people
    Bought a big case of beer to Pdox
    Proud owner of 3 mouldy Phoenix cookies ●●●
    Pathetic and Brave King of Poland in Battlefront IV - Lords of War
    Shifty Leader of <random/> nation in Diplomacy Universalis 1.5

Rythin, the mad warmongerer and Lurken, the semi-peaceful builder in
    "Lurken and Rythin in the land of sand - The wacky Mzab adventures." - it's aaalive....Well...not really. It is quite dead. Undead?
    Minister of Information and Groupies for OT-President rafiki

The plight and return of B'mo'otm - an AAR, like I've never done before - Redux

Resident Opportunist King of Men's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

I was banned from religion threads before it was cool. And after it was cool.
    Gentlemen, I do not know if I'll be able to log on tomorrow, so I'd like to make my nomination a little early. RossN has been shining lately, and I feel that his latest effort, Fitzgeralds : Earls of Desmond, deserves recognition. A splendid tale of intrigue, war, and madness.
    MP Megacampaigns :
    The Great Game: CK, EU2, EU2 stats, Vicky, Doomsday.
    There Will Be War: CK, EU3, Vicky, Arma.
    Children of the Fatherland: Crusader Kings. Divine Wind I II Victoria 2
    Final update 22-January-2013: Final Overview
    God Will Know His Own: CK2 EU3

Congrats RossN, I shall check it out now

Well done RossN, congratulations

Fat Cat Public Servant Sir Humphrey's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron III
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Pride of Nations500k club

Congrats Ross.
    Showcase of the Week March 30, 2004 - The Australian Lion.
    Writer of the Week March 6, 2005 - Under the Crimson Skies.
    Writer of the Week May 29, 2005 - The Sacred Grove of Britannia.
    Showcase of the Week January 17, 2006 - Under the Crimson Skies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 268 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 51 76 101 126 ... LastLast