Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Many congratulations SeanB

One thousand posts! :D

Here everyone, you deserve a cake. Don't mind the writing, I went to the same baker DoW did for Rennslaer.

214766040_4078e5d6b4.jpg

:D

Congrats on a project well organized and run, CatKnight! It's a major plus of AARland, to be sure. :)

And on that note...bout time for a new showcased AAR, isn't it?

Okay, after some thought, I've decided to name...Awaking from the Nightmare Years - USA '45 AAR, by rich-love. Its always excellent to see a player start out in a relatively weak position against a overwhelmingly strong enemy, and rise to defeat him. I enjoy his combination of rapid updates, good game coverage, and interesting storytelling. Make sure and check it out. :)

Congrats, rich-love! :)

Oh, and CatKnight...if you get a pay raise, I'd like to start getting paid in the first place. :rolleyes: ;)

Congratulations rich-love :)

Thank you, everyone! This is quite an honor, and very unexpected.

What to say? Well, *somehow* I got sucked into this forum by Ariel and his 'England - something different' AAR. I ended up buying EU2, and the rest, they say, is history. I can honestly say that I see myself playing Paradox games for the rest of my life - I find them that compelling.

Regarding my AAR: I had done one 'reversal' AAR and had started a private (i.e. non-AAR) game when I read dag231's AAR and was floored. What a story! When he told us he couldn't finished, I requested his save-game, and cracked it open. Ridiculous. Impossible. No way could it be done. So I moved on to other things.

.... but I couldn't stop thinking about it. How ... epic ... if the game could be reversed! An Axis juggernaut brought to heel by the forces of liberty! And so I wavered...
... and procrastinated ...
... and debated ...
... and equivocated ...

... but, in the end, I knew I'd be back on these forums telling you all about it - and what a ride! I love telling these stories; it forces me to play smarter and own up to my mistakes, and I love sharing the ups and downs of a see-saw battle. Thank you for reading!

A great AAR. Well deserved!

For me, this decision is a no-brainer. There's one AAR on the forums that EVERYONE should be reading, and it's Friedrich's Ambition by MrT (comments thread here).

Reasons:
1) The story itself is excellent, and MrT does a great job of explaining what's going on, how the game is designed, and why things work the way they do.
2) I wasn't paying much attention to EU3 until this AAR came out (despite loving EU2), and I suspect a lot of people are waiting to see how it's received in the forums.
3) We get an opportunity to see how Paradox deals with last-minute user comments, and an opportunity to ask pointed questions about the game (see here for an example response).

Please join me in congratulating MrT for an excellent AAR!

congrats MrT! :D

and I agree with rich, if you aren't reading it, you should be. or else ;)

Though I doubt seriously that - Friedrich's Ambition (A Saxony AAR) - needs a showcase to pick up any new reader's, it certainly is a must read for anyone curious about the new game. You've cornered the market so far on EUIII AARs MrT. ;)

Congrats on the showcase. :) I'll be most interested to see who you pass it on to next week.

Well done MrT, it is great for all of us who are longing for this game to arrive in the stores to have an AAR to read while we wait. I am enjoying it and can’t wait for EUIII to arrive in the shops.
Congratulations MrT :)