Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations , Mr. Storm :D

Congrats man

Thanks, I mean really. I never thought that the AAR readers here would like my simple gameplay-comedy AAR this much.

I have learned a bit about making AARs, but I've also learned to read other people's AARs in a whole different way. Not until I made my own AAR, I understood what amount of work it requires to make a one simple update. But I also understood what AAR writing gives to the writer him / herself. It really inspires me to write more, now that I know that people don't just read my AAR, they actually like it. :D

So I give big thanks for this and a big thanks to all the AAR readers. Not to mention the whole Paradox community and Paradox for making a great game like this. :)

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Congratulations Storm501 :)

Congratulations. :)

Yet another week has passed quickly before you knew it. But fortunately I had some time for HoI. Played a two great multiplayer games during weekend and updated my AAR a little. Nice to know that people like to read my AAR... :D

But now the time has come to pass on the awAARd to another great AAR. ;)

So after some reading in the forums I ended up with:

Red Star over Blue Seas A HoI2 Soviet Navy AAR by th3freakie.

As the title points out, it's a Soviet Naval AAR. Many of us don't usually see the Red Navy fighting the Tirpitz with modern battleships and carriers, but here they are. Also I'd like to mention the brave Soviet marines assaulting Turku, Copenhagen and Constanta.

Some might think that focusing on the navy might leave the Soviets weak against a German invasion. But it was quite the opposite. With shore bombardment the Soviets were able to capture Königsberg and push the Germans back. The landings behind the Axis frontlines diverted many troops from the front.

But anyway with graphics mods, historical pics and a nice writing style, I must say this is an excellent AAR. I recommend for everyone to take a look at it. :)

Last edited:
Congratulations freakster XD Great job !

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations th3freakie :)