Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
M****r ****ing s**t god piece of ***** **** *****************!!!!!!!!

Is this what "nomination" meant? I thought it meant I had one vote, and someone else would actually take the prize. I didn't think I'd have a whole thread title drawing attention to my barely-off-the-ground-even-after-six-months AAR. :(

*sigh*

I don't have a choice anymore. Now I'm gonna have to post like three or four updates this week alone, just so I have something to show for myself. The spotlight's on me, and now I have to justify its nomination.

*cries*

*drinks*

OK. You won. You'll get your update tonight.

Thistletooth said:

Is this what "nomination" meant? I thought it meant I had one vote, and someone else would actually take the prize. I didn't think I'd have a whole thread title drawing attention to my barely-off-the-ground-even-after-six-months AAR. :(

*sigh*

I don't have a choice anymore. Now I'm gonna have to post like three or four updates this week alone, just so I have something to show for myself. The spotlight's on me, and now I have to justify its nomination.

*cries*

*drinks*

YAY

YES

LETS HAVE THREE CHEERS FOR THISILTOOTH!!

HIP HIP HORRAY!!
HIP HIP HORRAY!!
HIP HIP HORRAY!!

Thistletooth said:

*sigh*

*cries*

*drinks*

Hmm... I'll have to remember this trick for other AARs I like.

Take that, Thistletooth! :cool:

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! :D

Sounds like he needs condolences more than congrats :)

Thistle: It gets worse! In seven days you have to pick your m***** ****ing successor too!

Thistletooth said:
****!!!

Oh, Fulcrumvale....you'll rue this day! :p
;)

Congrats you wannabe Icelander! :D

Congratulations on your selection, Thistletooth. After all, it is an award (even though you sound like it's more of a sentence ;)). I am enjoying your story very much: it has a plausible alternate Russia, from World War One all the way up to 1936 (hopefully it will progress far beyond that date, too), and an intriguing story about the last surviving Romanov, struggling to find meaning in her life.

Anyway, looking forward to future updates, hope the pressure won't get to you. :)

Congratulations Thistletooth. :)

I'm up to page 11 in the next entry, sans pics. Just lettin' you know I'm doing something.

It's getting to be such a soap opera, this AAR. But the way things are shaping up, I'm about four or five entries away from actually getting into the game itself.

You realise that you can now pass the "award" to somone else, right?

Fulcrumvale said:

Not yet, I'm working on it tonight.

Stop laughing! :p

I had reached a snag, so I decided to post my next three entries at the same time, since I don't like any of them well enough alone.

I'll pass the torch tomorrow night. I haven't had time to look over the others.

Last edited:
Fulcrumvale said:

I'm afraid that I'm going to have to breach assumed protocol, and ask someone else (perhaps you) to pass the baton for me. I have had precious little time to devote to my own AARs, let alone to read anyone else's. I'm not a terribly avid reader, I have to admit.

If it's any comfort, this week-long shout-out has prodded me into writing nearly 20 pages of new material so far, but as I'm not yet satisfied with the quality (and given the long delay, I really want to get this next entry right), I'm still not willing to post it. Hell, I have another ten pages already written in my head; I just need to translate it. Perhaps if I can relieve some of the pressure hanging over me - and if I can keep myself caffeinated instead of liquored-up, I can finish it up on Thursday or Friday, and finally give you guys what you've been waiting for, and what I've spent weeks trying to squeeze out of my tiny brain.

For the moment, however, I simply can't let myself pass the baton to anybody. As I haven't been reading any AARs for a while, I don't think I could make any decision other than an arbitrary one. I'd rather leave that up to someone who has been devoting more time to keeping up with all the goings-on here, at less to other crappy matters of life.

Generally in cases like this, either CatKnight (as project leader on this specific project) or the previous winner would choose the next award winner. I cannot speak for CatKnight, but I'd say go ahead and pick another winner Fulcrumvale. If you want to wait and get feedback from CatKnight, I'm sure that's fine too. It might even be best to wait for the weekend so the next winner has a full week after their win to enjoy the spotlight. Up to you.