• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, Paranoid Tsar! :)

It is excellent to see this AAR is updating again. One of the best in the forums. Congratulations PT.

One of a select few AARs of worthy quality for a double dose of Showcase. Congratulations, PT! :)

Duke of Wellington, it's a great AAR. Very deep characters, lots of intrigue, heroics and evil deeds... One warning though: if you can't stand unremitting misery being inflicted on pretty much all the main characters, you might want to limit your intake to bite-size portions. It can get pretty grim in Muscovy. :D

Seriously, though, it's a great, complex AAR. Personally, I also believe this story does the best job of any AAR out there chronicling the passing of power from one generation to the next: after the first Duke died, there was still a lot of continuity under the new ruler, but the personality of the new Duke clearly steered events into different directions than they would've taken under the old Duke.

If you have the time, it's well worth the read.

Oh, before I forget it: congratulations, Paranoid Tsar. Can you tell I like your story? :)

Looks like I'll be having a double! :D I'm really surprised and honored to find myself back in the showcase. Hopefully the glacial pace of this AAR will pick up a little and I'll update again this weekend.

I'd talk about the AAR at length, but I think Stuyvesant said it better than I could. :D There is a lot of misery to be had in Moscow, but also lots of memorable (hopefully!) characters. The pace is slower than most AARs, with one year often covering several updates. The more relaxed flow of events allows for more character moments and for sub-plots to develop and pay off without disrupting the heart of the story which is the struggle of the Rurikovich family to restore Russia and defeat their many enemies...foreign and domestic. ;)

I've got to start thinking about selecting next week's showcase, now. Thanks again to everyone who's been following this AAR!

My pick for this week's showcase is an EU 2 AAR The Golden Horde - Back From The Dead by Duke of Wellington. The Horde is nearly unplayable in EU 2 so my hat is off to the Duke for playing them and having some measure of success in this entertaining AAR. Just watch out for France! :D

A belated congrats to you Paranoid tsar. I guess it about time to drop by again to your leisurely told story. :cool:

Joe

Uh oh, he got awAARded for that one just some weeks ago in writAAR of the week. :wacko:

But we can live with it. ;)

Congratulations Duke of Wellington, it is well deserved :)

jwolf said:
I don't mind multiple awards for Duke Wellington's Golden Horde AAR. Anyone who takes on the GH, adding extra revolt events because he wouldn't have enough otherwise :eek: :eek: deserves every award in the book!

Says it all.

Yes indeed, congratulations DoW - a very well done AAR for a difficult and unusual country. And for those famous Extra Revolt Events, I'd like to nominate DoW for Madman of the Week as well! :D

Congrats and such a great country to play :cool:

Congratulations, Duke of Wellington! :)

Snake IV said:
Uh oh, he got awAARded for that one just some weeks ago in writAAR of the week. :wacko:

But we can live with it. ;)
Actually, Snake - he got awarded with the WoW for himself. This is more for the AAR itself. And a well deserved AAR to highlight! Great work. Congrats! :D