• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you, gentlemen! That really bucks me up, in spite of having to be up at an ungodly hour of the morning. Truly, just the encouragement I needed.

:)

Congratulations King of Men on a really interesting AAR! Look forward to more in the EU2 era. :)

fj44 said:
Is it just me, or do MP AARs have difficulty making the showcase? Interesting trend.

Perhaps because there isn't that many MP AARs out there...

Gentlemen, I do not know if I'll be able to log on tomorrow, so I'd like to make my nomination a little early. RossN has been shining lately, and I feel that his latest effort, Fitzgeralds : Earls of Desmond, deserves recognition. A splendid tale of intrigue, war, and madness.

Well done RossN, congratulations :)

Congrats Ross. :)

Quite a good idea to give this AAR a showcase since it has just finished and deserves to stay near the top of the CK page just a little while longer. It's definitely worth the read!

Congrats, RossN! Now you can score the trifecta if your EUII AAR gets a showcase in the next six months. ;)

:eek:

Wow... thank you King of Men, thank you guys. Certainly didn't expect to win this again! :)

Well the FitzGeralds was really my first attempt to write an AAR with a concrete set of goals. Usually my AAR's are more story/character driven - in my Canada AAR for instance I barely did anything in game terms and most of the action was based off of elections. The FitzGeralds on the other hand probably saw more action in any one decade than in my entire Canadian AAR!

When writing an AAR I usually like to pick a country that wasn't around, or at least was radically different - partially so I have less research to do and a lower chance to get things wrong (;)), but also because it gives me the freedom to create my own royal families, generals and courtiers, away from historical people - I can then do what I want with these characters without having to worry if I'm portraying them rightly or wrongly. CK is brilliant at this - creating completely different characters every time.

Strangely hardly any of my AAR's end up where I was planning to go - with the D'Alema's I certainly didn't think I'd end King of Aragon (and Egypt, Mauretania, North Africa...) and when I set down to write The Patriot's Sword I fully intended to go the Fenian route before even the glimmer of an idea of bringing in Napoleon occurred to me. In my current AAR I started as Tuscany and more or less by accident refounded the Latin Empire! :wacko:

The FitzGeralds are very unusual in largely remaining in Ireland - precedent suggested they would have ended up Kings of Georgia or Dukes of Iceland or something. :D

Well, wow just thanks again guys, sorry for babbling! :)

Congratultions, RossN, it's on the top of my to-read list.

Well it has been a real honour and delight, but I guess I must pass the crown (no matter how little I wish to ;))

My nomination goes to one of my very favourite writaars, and certainly one of the funniest around: Farquharson, for his EU2 comedy AAR P is for Portugal. Another in a long line of triumphs and a very entertaing yarn. :)

Congrats Farquharson!

Congratulations, well done Farquharson :)

I agree - yet another gem to place in the Farq crown. P is for Portugal is terribly entertaining and certainly worthy of a showcase. Congrats, Farq!