Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congramapalations! I'm reading the AAR right now!

It sure has been a long time since the Weekly AAR Showcase was restarted! I remember the good 'ol days, when everything was made out of wood and Secrets of the AARk had been nominated! I remember passing on the Showcase torch to invertigo2004's Jumpstarting the American Century. I remember the sadness I felt when he abandoned it a month later, as the author studied for finals and apologised for the update being late. It is five months late now. :(

Ah, good times.

Congratulations, Hajji Giray I!

Congrats Haji! I've been enjoying that AAR since it's birth. Good to see it getting a showcase.

Excellent selection, Storey!

Congratulations, Hajji Giray!

As you know, I've been following since the beginning, and have truly enjoyed your setup, story, characters, etc.

I especially like that it's an atypical selection of country to play. I surely hope the Hussites aren't just a "flash in the pan" this time around.

Rensslaer

Well the absolute funnest best part of being picked Weekly Showcase is having to choose the next one. Our Weekly Showcase this time around is an absolutely terrific historical tale of Denmark in the world of Victoria by Fiftypence entitled The Danish Revival. Bravo Fiftypence! Stop making me jealous!

(Hopefully there will be a sequel too, entitled The Danish Modern.)

Ah, 1/2 of Hundredpence. 'Tis an award so richly deserved. :cool:

Now this is really unexpected! Thanks Hajji Giray I! :D

As has been said my AAR is the story of Danish resurgence in the 19th century (hence the title), told from varying perspectives. At the heart of the story is the struggle between the evil manipulating half-Swedish Mathias Jonsson and the civil servant turned prisoner Jens Stemme. Denmark is effectively controlled by the masonic society the Secret Order of the Temple, whose membership under the leadership of the so-far mysterious Grandmaster control most of the major sources of power in the Kingdom. In the background are some even shadier figures, known only as the Nobility. One can only guess at their secretive motivations and designs...

So far it has been fun, if time consuming. I've worked out that it is so far about 23,000 words, and so far it is only in 1840 :eek:

As with all major undertakings it has gone in directions that I did not foresee when I first started writing it. For example, when I first created Mathias Jonsson I only meant for him to be a bit of a bastard, with more concern for profit that human life. Also somewhere near the beginning are some diary entries of a soldier whose story never really got off the ground because of the interest in the main narrative, although I do have plans to go back to him in the future.

Sorry for whittering on so much. Thanks for the award, and i shall have fun deciding a succesor when the time comes. :)

Absolutely deserved, Fiftypence. I've been enjoying since the beginning. Isn't it always the case that the story takes off in it's own direction. :rolleyes: Congrats, sir!

Good job Fiftypence.

Congratulations fiftypence

Congratulations my old mate, nice one. :)

Congrats, Fiftypence!

I know your writing is very much worthy of reading, but I haven't quite made it over to your Danish Resurgence yet. I shall!

Rensslaer

Congrats Fiftypence! I'm catching up on your work right now. Very well done!!

Aar!! Tis a fine one, that is. Let's be hopin' it pushes him to update once more. Garr!!

Congrats me lado!!

Ho Ho Ho and a Barrel of Rum!

Aye, that be a mighty fine AAR, aarr! Congratulations Calistas!