Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Snake IV said:
That must REALLY be something, or you've bribed the entire forum :D
Mhm. That Xbox 360 is really cozy next to my TV! :D

Congratulations!

congrats! :D
I have unfortunately not gotten around to reading it, but I think I'll be starting in the next couple days...

Congratulations, Thistletooth! Now you have two speeches to write for us!

Hey, I completely missed this thread. Thanks to everyone who thanked me, like, six days ago. Man, it's been so crazy, and I haven't had enough time to properly digest all the love, what with my two other nominations this week :)p). Probably the high point of my spotty AAR career, and I've been overwhelmed with work and school and other stupid crap. And one night of drunken stupidity, of course.

Anyway, since I've already nominated a Vicky AAR and a CK AAR, I guess I have to go with an EU one, and as I don't have EUIII yet, I'll just nominate the AAR that I've been following as my kind of introduction. Besides, it's about time somebody around here started talking about that game.

So, without further ado, my nomination:

I bet you're all so excited, aren't you?

The Deconquista: A Granada AAR

Snake IV said:
That must REALLY be something, or you've bribed the entire forum :D

Oh, shaddup. If I had bribed the forum, I'd've made it totally obvious. Both of my AARs would have won. :p

Snake: I believe the mods are currently investigating reports Thistletooth bribes those who nominated him with EU3 Collectors Editions. ;)

This is actually our 2nd EU3 AAR, so we've talked about it...but no less deserving. Welcome Dysken! Congratulations!

Hey, one of my favorites! Congratulations, Dysken - well-deserved!

CatKnight said:
Snake: I believe the mods are currently investigating reports Thistletooth bribes those who nominated him with EU3 Collectors Editions. ;)

So...I offered other posters versions of a game that they probably have but that I don't. Yep, that sounds perfectly reasonable. :D

Wow! Thanks to all of you readers and Thistletooth in particular ;). What a perfect way to celebrate my 1000 post

This, my 2nd AAR has a peculiar background story. It all started as a brag post on the EUIII main forum. I had read a post some days before about Granada being impossible to play. So of course I decided to give it a shot. It went extremely well and I whomped Castille in the first war. So I made a post about it and enclosed a screen with me beating the Castillians good and well. I didn't expect much of a response, but I was wrong. After just a few hours i had tons of replies and many of them asking for an AAR. I was not convinced however since the first one I had written had been a miserable failure :rolleyes:. After a day or two I said "screw it", played through the first Granada game, learned a few lessons and started up a new one with the plan to make an AAR about it. I like the fact that it was spawned from popular demand and that is what keeps me from discontinuing it I suppose.

About the AAR itself. I was inspired by Rocketman's mega Bavarian AAR, which has sadly been discontinued. The literary style made it easy to include little internet memes and emoticons which would shorten the time it would take to write an update and leave people in no doubt about what I meant.
After that it has lived a life of it's own in my head, but most of the goofs and jokes come quite naturally as I look at the screenshots. A problem with writing EU3 AARs for me is that characters die off rather quickly. By now I've been through a throng of kings and 3 advisors already.

Thanks all of y'all once more!
/Dysken

Last edited:
This is a great choice and wonderful to see some of the new EUIII works highlighted. It's a very funny AAR and he has done quite well with Granada.

Congrats Dysken. Now I just need to get caught up with your last updates there and the other one you are working on...and then those new ones that started yesterday...and update...anyway, enjoy the week. :)

A very nice AAR. Congratulations Dysken :)

Congratulations Dysken. May it be just the first of many!

Congrats Dsyken :)

Congrats Dyskin. Now there is another EUIII AAR I am going to go have to read. ;)

Congratulations, Dysken!

Your AAR is truly attention-keeping! Fun to see a minor spreading over North Africa and Iberia.

Rensslaer

p.s. And congratulations, Thistletooth... I think I missed your week!