Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My nomination

As I found out that it is my turn to nominate a sucessor for the weekly AAR-Showcase (which need not to be really in weekly turns), I'll did a long investigation, which of the AARs I found worthy weren`t already on the showcase or nominated elswhere.

At first I thought, Rank and File: A clerks war would be a good candidate, but the author is just nominated as WritAAR of the week.

Then I thought Rembles Creek without Paddle would be worthy, but is was already on the Showcase in 2008.

So I break a tradition and nominate Rembles Hoi 2 DD AAR The Setting Sun - Götterdämmerung Japan 44.
It is still ongoing but with over 290 pages a real monster of AAR and he deserves all the attention we gan give to encourage him to continue and finish this masterpiece in 2010 or 2011, depending how long he needs.

Nice work. Congratulations, Remble!

Congrats!

Finding a successor has not been all that easy but not because of a lack of very good writers. There are a lot of very good AAR's on the forums, the problem is finding one that has not received a weekly award at some time.

I prefer to acknowledge a newer writer if at all possible, as this in turn encourages not only the author of the chosen AAR, but also other new writers and those who wish to begin writing in AARland.

After removing or slightly ignoring the rule of thumb that says not to pick an AAR that has won a weekly award fairly recently, although not in this catagory, the choice became somewhat easier. I also prefer to choose an AAR that has been updated in the last week and hopefully more often than that.

I did manage to go to a different forum and do some reading and discovered a still somewhat new AAR by Issac Wolfe. Dictator: Gaius Julius Caesar can be found in the Rome forum and is a period of history I am drawn too. Very well written and the pace of updates for a narrative AAR surpasses many gameplays without detracting from the quality.

Most definately worth a visit before it grows into a large AAR where you might have several weeks of catching up to do :)

Well done , congrats !

Indeed, Rome lives. :cool: Congrats Issac Wolfe.