+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 269 FirstFirst ... 10 35 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 85 110 135 160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 5363

Thread: Weekly AAR Showcase: This is Madness 2

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Blog Entries
    By the way, RGB's posting up (soon, hopefully ) but then we'll be in need of fresh writers. People can always (and are welcome to!) double-up, but of course, we'd like as much diversity as we can get, especially from some of you old(er) hands!

You know you've got a dusty copy of CK somewhere under that pile of hoi2, eu3 and Ricky boxes, so feel free to bust out the CD cleaner and try on the Pointy Hat of Infallibility +3 yourself. Available in pina colada, tutti frutti, and bananaberry while supplies last!

j.

EDIT: Also, sorry that winning this award means many of you have to try to spell my handle. Feel free to abbrev it to lly (Welsh pronunciation: *clears throat*).
    All Hail Eris! All Hail Discordia!
    The experience of our ancestors, ever incentives and aids to virtue, would never
    have inspired or saved a single soul, had not the loyalty, zeal, and diligence of writers
    triumphing over sloth transmitted them to posterity
    . — John of Salisbury
    “ æ ð € £ § ¬ † ‡ ¹ ² ³ — · ˚ ſ ¡ ¿ ‽ ≈ ≠ ¶ • º ”

My Inkwell

Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Woohoo! This AAR deserves recognition. Thanks for nominating it, Secret Master.

Llywelyn really deserves the credit for this project. He is its mother, cheerleader, and most prolific writer. It's a fantastic read that never bogs down because it has so much variety. And it's a great way, since the popes tend to have the lifespans of hamsters, for people to try out a new AAR style without committing to a long AAR they won't finish. I recommend anybody with Crusader Kings and a wish to try something short and new to give it a whirl.

As a disclaimer, I did the update for one of the popes, but it's a very short update. There's a whole slew of beefy, quality work up there. Check it out.

Alien Space Bat Judas Maccabeus's Avatar
    200k clubDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Ah, College of CAARdinals. It's an enjoyable little diversion for anyone who wants to write an interesting AAR without devoting too much time--or writing a longer part of an AAR on an unusual subject.

Okay, my commercial for the project is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Llywelyn
    (Welsh pronunciation: *clears throat*).
    I'm not entirely convinced that the Welsh language isn't actually some strange alien language trying to pass off as a human one.
    SHEEP ARE THE FUTURE

While Thou Shalt Flourish Great and Free (Saxon England, pt. 3) (Started 11 October 2010)
    Scenario progress: Base maps complete, pops and diplomacy in progress.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Hearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Blog Entries
    And now it has updates. Although I highly disagree about it needing not a lot of time. Took me forever.
    The Russia Megacampaign - See my other work at my Inkwell

A YeAAR's Education - Rurikovich in Crusader Kings 1066-1393

From Rus to Russia - Kiev in EU3 1393-1836 - Get the Loading Screen Pack - Weekly Showcased AAR, 6/6/09 and 7/7/10 - WritAAr of the Week, 27/7/10 - Ambitions are denied and tasks appointed - Check out the first installment of the Medieval Atlas!

Duke of Bonbon, and also Chevalier Grand Croix of the Ordre Militaire du Saint Christophe.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RGB
    And now it has updates. Although I highly disagree about it needing not a lot of time. Took me forever.
    That's just because you did a very good job.

And even so, it's a lot of time for a very short time, as opposed to most AARs,
    j.
    The experience of our ancestors, ever incentives and aids to virtue, would never
    have inspired or saved a single soul, had not the loyalty, zeal, and diligence of writers
    . — John of Salisbury

My Inkwell

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War
    Crusader Kings II: Way of Life

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Congratulations to a nice Collab work !
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

Blog Entries
    Congratulations to all the writers that have contributed to this. It has been an outstanding read, given all the different writing and playing styles that have given each pope a good individual feel. Keep up the great work guys.

And hopefully that will be enough ego boosting to keep Llywelyn going.
    Current AAR's: The Manchurian Candidate...on hold.
    Founder and charter member of The Warlord Club
    Fan of the week 02/26/07 & 06/04/07
    WritAAR of the week 03/12/07
    Character Writer of the week 07/15/2007
    Favorite AAR HOI1/2 Q2 2007
    Favorite Narative AAR HOI1/2 Q2 2007
    I was canonized on 03/18/2007 & canonized again 07/15/2007
    Honorary Fellow in the Tempus Society

"Gold does not always get you good soldiers, but good soldiers can always get you gold." Machiavelli

Blog Entries
    Eh, been about a week, guess I should kick the can a little further down the street.

For anyone who hasn't seen it lately, the new Shakespearean ragging going on at Knut is fantasticly done, and MadBadger is reviving The Best AAR Ever for a new generation. But Phargle's already won all these awards and MadBadg's just getting started , so since Myth's phenomenal Guanxi Clique AAR is already wrapped up...

I'd like to award the weekly AAR showcase to el Pip for his outstanding work on The Butterfly Effect. While the original idea behind this opus was the repercussions of a press leak scuttling the Anglo-German Naval Agreement (or perhaps simply that the public was more properly outraged than OTL), post after post works itself through detailed, well-considered politics, the intricacies of naval strategy, and the ripples growing over time from the smallest changes. Perhaps not for everyone, it's still AARland's Robert Altman.

And who knows, maybe an award will get the punk to post more a little more often...
    j.
    Last edited by Llywelyn; 01-04-2007 at 14:06.
    . — John of Salisbury

My Inkwell

Blog Entries
    Congrats el Pip. I must admit I have seen your AAR, but it was so far along when I did I have been a little intimidated to wade into it. Might be forced to give it a try now.
    Current AAR's: The Manchurian Candidate...on hold.
    Founder and charter member of The Warlord Club
    Fan of the week 02/26/07 & 06/04/07
    WritAAR of the week 03/12/07
    Character Writer of the week 07/15/2007
    Favorite AAR HOI1/2 Q2 2007
    Favorite Narative AAR HOI1/2 Q2 2007
    I was canonized on 03/18/2007 & canonized again 07/15/2007
    Honorary Fellow in the Tempus Society

"Gold does not always get you good soldiers, but good soldiers can always get you gold." Machiavelli

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: CharlemagneEUIV: Art of War
    Crusader Kings II: Way of Life

You might very well think that ; I couldn't possibly comment
    Congratulations El Pip ! Looking forward to giving it a good read !
    DANGEROUS LIAISONS
    The New Short AAR about Seduction , Manipulation , Intrigue , Mystery , and Revolution .
    -~= =~-
    T I M E L I N E S : What if Spain Failed to Control the World?
    Seventeen AARLand Choice Awards: Favourite Overall New WritAAR Q1 2007.
    Favourite Overall EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008
    Favourite Narrative EU3 AAR: Q1 2007; Q2 2007; Q3 2007; Q4 2007; Q1 2008; Q2 2008; Q3 2008; Q4 2008

Three Times WritAAR of the Week: 4 March 2007 13 May 2007 & 28 March 2008;
    Twice AAR Showcase: 9 Dec 2007, 14 Jun 2009; Twice Best Character Writer: 9 Dec 2007, 13 Sep 2008

Editor in Chief of The AARlander

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Congratulations, Pippy!
    Was würde Brian Boitano tun?

Crusader Kings II

Blog Entries
    Phenomenal. Congratulations, El Pipster.

Ordnung muß sein Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Congratulations El Pip !

Alien Space Bat Judas Maccabeus's Avatar
    200k clubDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

So that's where that went! I remember reading that a couple months back, then losing track of it, and looking around for it a few times since then and failing to find it. Thank heaven you put that here!
    SHEEP ARE THE FUTURE

While Thou Shalt Flourish Great and Free (Saxon England, pt. 3) (Started 11 October 2010)
    Scenario progress: Base maps complete, pops and diplomacy in progress.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegio
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India
    EUIV: Art of War

Congratulations to El Pip as well as Llewelyn (and gang) and Secret Master. Well done, all of you!
    Active:
    Random World Order(EU4, Random)

Past:
    Beyond Tannenberg IV: The More Things Change(EU4, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Defeated))
    Beyond Tannenberg III: The Last Crusade (EU3, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Corrupt Save))
    Resurrection: Rebirth of the United States COMPLETED!
    CatKnight's Inkwell

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesWarlock: Master of the ArcaneEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Congratulations El Pip!
    "Being a freedom fighter, a force for good, it's a wonderful thing. You get to make your own hours, it looks good on a resume, but the pay sucks."

My current AAR: Regents and Revenge - a CK2 one-shot

200k clubHoI AnthologyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubParadoxian Order - 2015

Well done El Pip, congratulations
    EUIII AAR: The lilies of France
    Awarded Best Character Writer of the Week 25. Feb 2007
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 22. April 2007

HoI2 AAR: Enig og tro til Dovre faller – A Norwegian AAR
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week 25. Sept 2005
    Awarded Weekly AAR Showcase 25. Jan 2006
    Awarded Fan of the Week 26. March 2006, 7. October 2007 and 10. November 2008
    Boer War AAR: Joe’s War- a Boer War AAR

Compulsive CommentatAAR stnylan's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Many congratulations El Pip
    To view is human, to comment is divine.
    "Be not afraid" - John Paul II
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.
    Current AAR: Stories of King Sean CK2 4.1
    Completed AAR: In Memory of France EU2
    View my full AAR list at The Inkwell
    My library and My blog
    Ask not what AARland can do for you, but what you can do for AARland.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

Congrats El Pip, do you have any words for us?
    "How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct." - Benjamin Disraeli

"Morality may consist solely in the courage of making a choice." - Leon Blum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 269 FirstFirst ... 10 35 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 85 110 135 160 ... LastLast