+ Reply to Thread
Page 217 of 265 FirstFirst ... 117 142 167 192 207 215 216 217 218 219 227 242 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,340 of 5296

Thread: Weekly AAR Showcase: All Hope Lies in Rome

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEast India CompanyElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueRome GoldMount & Blade: Warband

This AAR is a LIE ! The screenshoots are photoshopped ! I was NEVER defeated. I took Vienna by july 1756 ! I swear !

Congratulation, Loki Well deserved.

And, Director, of course it is completely clear and was from the start that it was / would be 100% a Loki100 AAR - I am just a commenter with more clues.
    Learning from Prussia - a Rise of Prussia AAR for beginners - or how a forced march in winter saved Prussia from anniliation.
    A Tale of French and War Crimes : A double Multiplayer AAR of Wars in America with Loki100. Includes violence against English and Indians - not suited for children.
    The War of 1812 - or how I burned down Washington

Congrats, loki100!

This was one of my favourite AARs! It's exactly how a multiplayer AAR should be: cunning, ruthless and with a big blast at the end. Also it provides a great answer to Narwhal's Learning from Prussia - a Rise of Prussia AAR against a real player - for beginners which has become a classic.

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

Again, thank you Director for the nomination and to everyone for the kind words. The game itself was intense, full of moments of panic and I never felt confident I would win till a few turns from the end and I'm glad that some of that has come over in the AAR.

Anyways, time to pass this on. Now as we all know, AARland is full of brilliant AARs. I'd like to pass this on to one that is different as well. We have a long tradition of the screenshot heavy AAR, we have a long tradition of the pure narrative AAR (with no in-game images), and of course there is a multitude of AARs with a balance somewhere in between. Well the new showcase (up to the most recent post in any case) has taken the delightful method of a single in-game image surrounded by writing of real brilliance and ingenuity. All those V2 screenshots you quickly look at and then discard, are suddenly being made into compelling tales as the story of Mexico in the Nineteenth Century is gradually unfolding.

So, please wander over and read Chilango2's So Far From God: A Mexico AHD AAR, the new weekly showcase.
    Remember, whatever the question, the answer on 18 September is Yes ...

Crazy Cat Person. Meow! Moderator Qorten's Avatar
    61 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Congrats, Chilango2!

When I use this color I am speaking as a Moderator.

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Congratulations Chilango2!
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

A superb AAR, Chilango2, and very deserving of the award!
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

Thank you, everyone, for the kind words. And an especial thanks to loki, who has been some sort of one person fandom for my AAR. He represents the bulk of the comments in SFFG, by far.

This AAr represents some of the best writing and some of the most fun writing I have engaged in, and I am glad it seems to have acquired such a loyal following. This represents the second award this AAR has won, and honestly, to have something I have enjoyed writing this much and which is very close to my heart get this sort of recognition is very meaningful.

So, again, thank you.

I looked forward to passing on this award next Sunday.
    “As both a dream and a fact the American Empire was born before the United States.” -Bernard DeVoto, The Course of Empire

"Acquisitions of territory in America, even if accomplished by force of arms, are not to be viewed in the same light as the invasions and conquests of the states of the old world." New York Morning News, 1845 CE

Currently writing So Far from God- A Vic 2 AHD Mexico AAR.
    Won Character Writer of the Week Mar. 4th, 2012 and Sept 30th, 2012. Weekly AAR Showcase, July 22nd,2012.
    Second Favorite Victoria 1/2 AAR, Round 3, 2012
    My Inkwell

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Congratulations, Chilango2!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Supreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband

These kinds of choices are never easy, but it is time for me to pass the baton, as it were.

Writing a good narrative AAR is difficult: you have to, as the name implies, narrate. The sheer act of writing is, as everyone knows, a challenging thing.
    This can be made even more difficult if your story is building on something truly great: the structure given to you provides a world for you to write about, but then you raise inevitable comparisons and expectations about your AAR. But there are those who rise to the comparisons.
    I can think of no higher compliment than to say that HobbesMkII's AAR The Lions of the Garden is a tale worthy of the world of A Song of Ice and Fire, which, as a fan of the same, I should note is meant as high praise. Go on over and check it out.
    “As both a dream and a fact the American Empire was born before the United States.” -Bernard DeVoto, The Course of Empire

"Acquisitions of territory in America, even if accomplished by force of arms, are not to be viewed in the same light as the invasions and conquests of the states of the old world." New York Morning News, 1845 CE

Currently writing So Far from God- A Vic 2 AHD Mexico AAR.
    Won Character Writer of the Week Mar. 4th, 2012 and Sept 30th, 2012. Weekly AAR Showcase, July 22nd,2012.
    Second Favorite Victoria 1/2 AAR, Round 3, 2012
    My Inkwell

200k clubHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    LegioMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuSword of the Stars
    The Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    CK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Congratulations HobbesMkII!
    Read my Cuzco MEIOU AAR Children of the Sun! (ongoing)
    AARland Choice AwAARd: EU Gameplay Q1 & Q2 2011, Weekly AAR Showcase 17-10-2010,

Follow Gentlemen in Germany - a Brunswick AAR! (ongoing)

Participating in 1001 Sultans - A Jalayirids Succession AAR (ongoing)

WritAAR of the Week 24-5-2011, Fan of the Week 3-12-2009 & 15-1-2012
    Speed - A Castille (mini-?)AAR (finished)
    Took part in the HT Succession Game (finished)

Rome GoldWarlock: Master of the ArcanePride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight

Congratulations HobbesMkII

61 games registered

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    DungeonlandElven Legacy CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For The GloryGettysburgHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic Circle
    SengokuShip Simulator ExtremesSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Congrats, HobbesMkII!

Holy crap, thank you all, and especially Chilango2. I have the advantage of building off an established story's world and in a game which is already pretty narrative heavy, plus a mod which adds in even more on top of that. For me, it's really a matter of looking at traits and going, "Oh, so this guy is strong, deceitful, lustful beancounter--I'll just write that." Being able to tell a compelling story in a game where there's not much narrative hand-holding, that's the real challenge (and one I'm not sure I could meet), so being selected by someone who succeeds so well at that is a real honor.

Cheers!

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Congratulations, HobbesMkII!

I'm gonna forget if I don't post this now, so I'd like to go ahead and announce that my choice for the first (full) week in August's showcase AAR is A New Era for an Old Town: An Oldenburg AAR, written by another first-time, Rauchen. It's a wonderful AAR, conveying both narrative depth and the strategic decisions he's making in EU3 in a great mix.

61 games registered

Well deserved congrats, Rauchen!

Lady of the North Star Demi Moderator Saithis's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Congratulations, Rauchen!
    Sai's Inkwell - Click here to see more of my writing!
    Ongoing AARs:
    Valour of the North Star - Chronicles of the Hvide Clan: CK2 Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR: HOI3 SF HPP History-Book AAR, Last Updated: 9th June 2013
    Blood and Gold - The Second Spanish Republic: HOI3 FTM HPP History-Book/Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 18th August 2012
    Kings of Qritani - A Tale of Picts and Celts: Rome Narrative AAR, Last Updated: 4th September, 2012
    Sai Plays Game of Thrones: Burning Down Westeros: CK2 AGOT Gameplay Video AAR, Last Updated: 6th September, 2012
    If I type in this elegant Red, I am speaking in an official capacity as an AARland Demi-Moderator.
    Forum Rules | AARland FAQ | AARland Rules 1 | Rules 2

People's Commissar of the Navy Demi Moderator Avindian's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    V2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Well deserved, Rauchen!
    AARland Awards TsAAR -- Q2 ACAs here! Be sure to check out the winners! Crusader Kings II|Europa Universalis IV|Victoria II|Hearts of Iron 3|Darkest Hour

Consecrated blood waters my fields: a Hvitserk megacampaign -- Brand new!
    Sonderweg oder Anderweg? -- Part 3 of the Hohenzollerns Megacampaign -- Interactive and looking for players
    Tukhachevsky's Army and the Politburo -- an Interactive Soviet TFH AAR -- Updates|Administration -- Nearing its thrilling conclusion!
    Like what you see? Check out my Inkwell for awards and completed AARs!

If I use this color, I am speaking as a Demi-Mod. If you have any questions, please PM me directly. Forum Rules|Interactive AARs|AARland Rules #1|AARland Rules #2

Congratulations, Rauchen!

congrats Rauchen ... it is a very intriguing AAR you are putting together

+ Reply to Thread