• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Tonioz

Field Marshal
4 Badges
Aug 6, 2003
www.europa2.ru
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • 500k Club
Good day,

Well, as i mentioned before i had the idea to implement in MP Stats the option to generate random leaders, so it will fix exact save.

At first i would like to discuss options, that generator should have. Besides i would be welcome if someone drops me the link of actual generator currently used by MP GMs. Well, here is the list, that i could imagine:

Range of generated maneuver: 1 to 6
Range of generated fire: 1 to 6
Range of generated shock: 1 to 6
Range of generated siege: 0 to 4 for generals/monarchs/conqs
Average mark of generated maneuver
Average mark of generated fire
Average mark of generated shock
Average mark of generated siege
Current year and end year of the period for generating
Average life period
Marking random leaders with " +" at the end of the name: yes/no
Average ratio of chance of leaders appearing per country (in the period / 10 years ?)
Average ratio of chance to get explorer/conq -//-
Rank of generated leaders depend on the sum of the 1) fire+shock 2) fire+shock+maneuver (siege is not needed actually) 3) doesn`t depend
Generated leaders can have rank 0 (monarch): yes/no

Discussable question: dependance of domestic values, that can influence the chance of category of leader (general/admiral/explor etc)

please post your thoughts

Last edited:
I think there should also be an option to determine a min and max number of generated leaders within the selected time period.

results of generation screen (publical):

number of leader generated
average stats of leaders, number of conqs/explor (can be hidden by pre-defined option)
average life period
other info ?

How about those options:
- changing existing and soon to appear historical leader stats
- changing historical leader years of appearance/death
- changing all existing and soon to appear leaders (historical and random) years of appearance/death before the session

I don't think there should be any random leader with more than siege 2. IIRC there is one leader with 4 it in the game (Vauban, FRA), and very few with 3. While it is nice to have random leaders they shouldn't have to large impact. It depends on the life time too. If the life time is short, the more extreme leaders can be allowed.
Having it depend on DP's would be nice, at least deciding the number of naval leaders vs generals.

Norrefeldt said:
I don't think there should be any random leader with more than siege 2. IIRC there is one leader with 4 it in the game (Vauban, FRA), and very few with 3. While it is nice to have random leaders they shouldn't have to large impact. It depends on the life time too. If the life time is short, the more extreme leaders can be allowed.

That depends if you use the random leaders in addition to the historical ones or just run with only random leaders. If the latter is the case, I definately want the occasional 3 siege leader in.

What I would like to see is the x/x/x/x stats somehow linked. I mean, a 1/1/6 leader should not occur. The difference between manouvre, fire and shock should never be bigger than 2.

I think that maybe is good idea the option "mercenaries leaders" and when you bought mercenaries you receive a general with diferrent stats to comanding the troops sometimes.

What dou you think about this?.

Norrefeldt said:

In fact in Battlefront i received several about siege 3 leaders for 50 years :)
Venetian Bragadin has siege 4 as well, though he was downgraded in EEP.

11 vanilla leader has siege 3 - http://www.europa2.ru/cgi-bin/leagu...n=108b&countries=all&sy=1419&fy=1821&lang=eng

Norrefeldt said:
Having it depend on DP's would be nice, at least deciding the number of naval leaders vs generals.

More detailed ideas are welcome. I need to know which way to implement.

How is this going to look Anton?

Does the GM enter a specially made screen made by you. Then on that screen identifies the save in question and fills in his options?

Perhaps he reaches this screen from the screen with the save and thus the program "understands" which save it is.

I imagine the following fields to be useful

- Country name, including the alternative (all) human players
- when to receive (at start of session or during session)
- if 100% sure to recieve or only a chance (and if so then what chance that is, and the the option of having the chance depending on something for example number of military VP divided by number of years the has been played so far - either you can read it in the save or the GM must fill in the year in the screen; also the option of having the chance depend on some number filled in by the GM - e.g. the players can have chosen "a level", e.g. I want only generals, then the GM should be able to say to the generator: increase chance for generating leaders or set chance of getting an admiral to zero etc)
- number of generals (fix number or related to Land slider)
- stats of general (fix number or related to DP - suggest high offensive slider increases average shock while the opposite increases siege, just as in the game, and then the same for the quality slider on fire)
- same for admirals
- conquistadors
- explorers
- whether size of nation should have impact on numbers or stats
- whether size of army or fleet should have such impact
- whether size of losses of army or fleet should have such impact
- whether previously generated number of leaders should have impact (I think that if some nation somehow can be defined as having been unlucky in receiving Leaders then his chances should increase, thus you must store some stats for each games, e.g. a number signifying whether the nation was lucky or not)
- secrecy of save with new leaders generated (it is preferable that none of the ordinary players can look at the save in beforehand and get to know when and which leaders he will get, this is perhaps no problem at all in your current system design)

Last edited:
FAL said:
What I would like to see is the x/x/x/x stats somehow linked. I mean, a 1/1/6 leader should not occur. The difference between manouvre, fire and shock should never be bigger than 2.

good param to add. I can just offer most easy&stupid way - fields with options called max difference between this and this.

good post, Daniel, a lots to think about :)

As to "how it looks", it will be fully connected with MP Stats, and GMs select game and year same way as in MP Stats. Sure whole data from the save can be used for generating.

first fields, mostly without Daniel ideas

1stshoot.jpg

that is only first stage, visible.

I was extremely busy last 2 weeks, but i think for this weekend i`ll achieve good progress. And more options will be included after i study better Daniel list and think how to implement it.

regarding the option "max difference between movement, fire and shock". I think to take highest value, for example fire = 6, so movement and shock will be increased to = 3, if they were generated lower.