• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(5941)

King of Wisconsin
Oct 3, 2001
Visit site
IGC 2.3 was used with Free Brittany, Ireland, and Norway. Lowlands split between Austria and Spain. Bujak to Moldovia. Ingermanland to T.O. All unrest settings on. COT's in Stockholm, Copenhagen, Anglia, Astrakhan, and Moscow.

January 1, 1492

The beginning of a new year in the reign of Albrecht the Fourth and my first year in his service. I recently spent time in the Venetian Army but the Venetian King disbanded me after my losses against the Turks. Albrecht, who had watched my military ability closely, was quick to hire me.

When Albrecht hired me, he only told me to make Bavaria powerful by whatever means I saw fit.

My first move was to join an alliance with the Austrians. Relations were at an all-time low but Austrian allowed us to join their alliance with Bohemia.

Within a month, Hungary and Lorraine have joined the alliance. I also arranged a marriage between Bavaria and our northern neighbors, Thuringen.

I raised the necessary gold to promote tax collectors in both Munchen and Nurnburg. Now I will sit and wait for Austria to go to war. Then I will make my move.

mmm, cool. I want to see where this is going...

Bavaria

this is interesting I took a whole different approach with Bavaria. Since you start off with good relations with france, i joined france's alliance to counter an austrian threat(decades later they joined the alliance anyways)... But the first thing I did was annex the two neighboring german states. I did this because they werent allied to a country at the time and Bavaria starts off with a large army, much larger than their neighbors in the beginning...

Please continue with your AAR, i wanna see how this other strategy works out... Oh btw I'm in 1650 now, and I've conquered most of the german provinces. :D

sorry it is taking so long to update this aar. i am just finishing a game where i am Venice. I should be able to update this evening or early afternoon.:D

January 1493

I have arranged for royal marriages with Wurtemburg and Austria. Once again I had to go to both weddings. Good food but very boring.

I raised 1000 more of Bavaria's finest infantry to reinforce the Nurnberg Defense. Once the men are finished with their training, that army will be at 11k infantry and 1k cavalry. I plan to add another 1k cavalry after I reinforce the walls of Nurnberg.

May 1493

The merchants have informed me that our trading has increased. At the same time, our infastructure has improved. We have now perfected our brewery design. Once I raise the money, I may build one in Nurnberg.

I also arranged a royal marriage with Brandenburg. Another boring wedding to attend.

July 1493

Another merchant sent off to Venice. My aide has just informed me that the military has started making metal balls. We have our scientists working on weapons that will be able to shoot these and disrupt the enemy lines.

Another merchant to Venice and another marriage, this one with Baden.

December 1493

WAR!
Austria declared war on Venice. Bohemia, Hungary, Lorraine, and of course, Bavaria, joined with Austria. Pommerania and the Hanseatic League join with Venice, both of which can't reach our lands.

January 1494

We lost our first battle against the Venetians in Tyrol. our army outnumbered the Venetians yet we lost horribly, losing nearly half of the army. Something will have to be done about this problem. This takes away my ideas of controlling the Adriatic coastline.

July 1494

Peace is made with Venice paying 121 ducats of gold and relinquishing control of Mantua to Austria. We recieved 25 of those ducats with I immediately used to raise 2k infantry in Bavaria. This war was more of a loss to Bavaria. We will have to be more careful in future wars.

August 1494

We have finally finished the designs on the large guns that will shoot the cannon balls. Now we must wait to fieldtest them.

January 1495

Marriages with Cologne, Prussia, Hannover, and the ever-so powerful, France. Another 1k cavalry raised.

May 1495

Farmers report that this year will produce an excellent cropload. Good, I can use the extra money to reform the army.
Another marriage with our ally Bohemia.

October 1495

marriage with Venice to keep relations stable.

March 1496

Our merchants have pushed our trade in Venice. We now make 55ducats there. Another 2k infantry trained.

September 1496

The Teutonic Knights defeat Poland-Lithuania. Lithuania and Belarus are handed over the the Teutons.

January 1499

Nothing excited has happened for the past 2 years, save for the Papal States handing Romagna over to the English. Makes me uncomfortable to have another growing power so close to home.

My naval engineers have informed me that they have perfected the design of a trading vessel known as a caravel. The king is outragious that I have been spending money on the navy when we don't even have access to the sea. I try to explain that someday we will be larger and have access to the sea and that we will need to be up to date with shipbuilding techniques to compete with powers such as France or Spain. This accompanied by some strange sickness, put him into a comatose state that the doctors say could last for up to half a year. This could bode unwell for Bavaria.

June 1499

War ends between England and France. England relinquishes control of Calais to France.

December 1499

My artillery commander has discovered a new use for the artillery guns. We can also use them to give the infantry cover fire to somewhat protect them from enemy bomardment.

January 1500

New millenium opens up with a war. Austria, Lorraine and Bavaria against France, the Papal States, Helvetia, Savoy and Brittany. The traitors in Bohemia and Hungary have betrayed us. Maybe this would be the time to take some land from the Bohemians.

February 1500

We decide to steer away from war with the Bohemians. The nation doesn't want a war with our ex-allies and we already have a large war on our hands. We decide to try and take on the Papal States.

March 1500

The Army of Bayern arrives at Emilia destroys the 7k infantry recruits and besieges the city of Bologna.

November 1500

We withdrew the siege of Emilia. The Austrian army arrived and their commander immediately took over the siege. I could see we would gain nothing from that siege except many dead Bavarians due to the lack of food.

January 1501

We have begun to upgrade our fortress in Nurnberg and we have raised another 1k infantry in Bavaria. Our Main army is now approximately at 3k infantry, 7k cavalry and 3 guns. This was mainly due to the Austrian intervention in the siege of Emilia.

April 1501

Austria accepted a White Peace with Helvetia, successfully blocking our only way into France and putting us out of the war. I sometimes wonder what goes through the heads of the Austrians.

At the same time, Lorraine accepts peace with France. The nation of Lorraine is no more.

September 1501

Mantua is taken by the French and Tyrol is besieged by a combined force of Brittany and France. Things don't look good for Austria.

November 1501

French troops enter Bavaria ( 3k, 5k, 60 guns ) and defeat our army. I am very disappointed with the Bavarian army. Two battles and two defeats.

May 1502

Munchen is nearly going to fall. I take 5k troops from the Nurnberg defense and add them to the Army of Bayern. The army marchs south to Munchen to face another humiliating defeat against the French army.

June 1502

White peace with France. I rearrange the armies. The Nurnberg defense is now 8k, 2k with 0 guns. The Army of Bayern is approximately 2k, 5k with 0 guns. I must reform the army soon if Bavaria is to be a power.

No, i am at the same point in the game as I am in the aar. I just reformatted my hard drive and now everything is good. I should be able to update at a much faster rate now. My next update should be coming late today.

My apologies, but as i said in the last post, i reformatted my hard drive. I put the save files on my parents computer and now when i put them back on mine, they won't load. I think when i reinstalled EU, i changed something and the files won't load. So, this aar will not be able to be finished. I like doing this aar so if anyone has any nations they want to see played just tell me and i will do my best. thanx and sorry.

I know the feeling, I hate when computers go blitzy on me.

If anyone wants me to start the Bavaria AAR over again, please let me know. Otherwise, tell me what you would like to see and I will do my best to accomplish it. Thanx:cool: