• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(860)

My dad's stronger than yours!
Feb 6, 2001
Visit site
Let's be a badboy for *once* eh?

January 5, 1419 : Saxony declared war upon Magdeburg.
January 6, 1419 : Aragon declared war upon Granada.
March 30, 1419 : Brandenburg declared war upon Pommern.
*geez! give peace a chance guys! I'm the badboy around here!*

May 1, 1419 : Turkey declared war upon Duchy of Athens.
October 25, 1419 : We captured the province of Hellas from Duchy of Athens
November 2, 1419 : Duchy of Athens accepted our generous peace offer.
*we annexed them*

December 4, 1419 : Mantua accepted peace with Milan on the following terms : Full Annexation of Mantua by Milan
December 4, 1419 : Orleans accepted peace with England on the following terms : Full Annexation of Orleans by England
March 12, 1420 : Magdeburg accepted peace with Saxony on the following terms : Full Annexation of Magdeburg by Saxony
July 17, 1420 : Teke accepted peace with Karaman on the following terms : Full Annexation of Teke by Karaman

*hmmm, I said, I'm the bloody badboy okay??? Now behave!*

August 17, 1420 : Turkey declared war upon Serbia.
August 28, 1420 Hungary declared war upon Austria.
August 28, 1420 : Bohemia joined the war on the same side as Hungary in their war against Austria.

September 5, 1420 : Mameluks declared war upon The Hedjaz.
September 6, 1420 : Turkey joined the war on the same side as The Hedjaz in their war against Mameluks.

*sneaky, hitting my allies while my army is in Serbia, I'll get you!*

September 8, 1420 : We have initiated a siege in Serbia.
September 21, 1420 : We have initiated a siege in Kosovo.

December 23, 1420 : France accepted peace with England on the following terms : England pays 121$ in indemnities.
*pretty dull end to the 100 years war eh? Would have thought you'd get a decent peace after 100 years, but noooo!*

February 8, 1421 : We captured the province of Serbia from Serbia 1421-01-18
May 27, 1421 : Murâd II will now rule our glorious nation!
*The king is dead, long live the king (and a nice monarch general too!)*
October 9, 1421 : Austria accepted peace with Bohemia on the following terms : Ostmarch to Bohemia. (wait, Austria is supposed to be tough right?)
March 28, 1422 : Austria accepted peace with Hungary on the following terms : Steiermark to Hungary. (Hmm.....)

June 6, 1422 : We captured the province of Kosovo from Serbia
June 8, 1422 : Serbia are now our vassals. Kosovo to Turkey.
*And the badboy scores again!*

*now to deal with the mameluks, had to send troops in increments of 10 as I only had 10 ships. But that won't stop this badboy!*

August 12, 1422 : Nubia joined our Military Alliance with The Hedjaz and Aden
August 12, 1422 : Nubia joined the war on the same side as The Hedjaz, Turkey and Aden in their war against Mameluks.
*sneaky, surrouding the Mameluks with Turkish allies and opåening fronts all around them.. muhahaha*

June 21, 1423 : We have initiated a siege in Cyrenaica.
November 22, 1423 : We captured the province of Cyrenaica from Mameluks
December 28, 1423 : Oman joined our Military Alliance with The Hedjaz, Aden and Nubia
Oman joined the war on the same side as The Hedjaz, Turkey, Aden and Nubia in their war against Mameluks. *even more allies, Mameluks, tag you're it!*

December 30, 1423 : We have initiated a siege in Alexandria.
January 24, 1424 : We have initiated a siege in Quattara.
August 25, 1424 : We captured the province of Quattara from Mameluks
June 20, 1425 : We have initiated a siege in Egypt.
April 1, 1426 : We captured the province of Egypt from Mameluks
May 3, 1426 : Mameluks accepted peace with Nubia on the following terms : Quattara to Nubia. *usually Nubia gets kicked around don't they? Well, not this time I gues..*

February 2, 1427 : We captured the province of Delta from Mameluks
July 5, 1427 : We captured the province of Alexandria from Mameluks
August 2, 1427 : Turkey accepted peace with Mameluks on the following terms : Alexandria to Turkey, Delta to Turkey & Sinai to Turkey.

February 10, 1429 : Hungary annexed Croatia.
*oi! I'm the badboy!*
March 10, 1429 : England annexed Brittany.

January 21, 1430 : Oldenburg accepted peace with Friesland on the following terms : Full Annexation of Oldenburg by Friesland
February 7, 1430 : Münster accepted peace with Gelre on the following terms : Full Annexation of Münster by Gelre
February 17, 1430 : Gelre declared war upon Friesland.
*wait.. this is just too weird!*

August 7, 1430 : Turkey declared war upon Dulkadir.
September 26, 1430 : We have initiated a siege in Sivas.
February 25, 1431 : We captured the province of Sivas from Dulkadir
February 27, 1431 : Dulkadir accepted our generous peace offer.
February 27, 1431 : Dulkadir are now our vassals.
*They offered so much gold in the peace deal, that we agreed on the gold and vassalage*

March 24, 1431 : France annexed Bourbonnais.

January 24, 1433 : Timurid Empire annexed The Kaliphate.
July 1, 1434 : The people of Mantua declared independence from Papal States. *yay! Every mishap that strikes the pope brings the people out into the streets to celebrate!*

July 1, 1435 : The people of Brittany declared independence from England.

Second Mameluk war
January 13, 1436 : We captured the province of Egypt from Mameluks 1436-00-12
July 13, 1436 : We captured the province of Judea from Mameluks
October 29, 1436 : We captured the province of Cataract from Mameluks
October 6, 1437 : We captured the province of Nile from Mameluks
April 26, 1438 : We captured the province of Samaria from Mameluks 1438-03-28

January 14, 1439 : Mameluks accepted our generous peace offer.
*lemme think.. Judea, Cataract, Nile and Samaria to Turkey*

January 20, 1439 : Byzantium declared war upon us!
*whoooa! the gall! bastards, just when my entire army of.. 10k men was in Africa!*

May 14, 1440 : We captured the province of Thrace from Byzantium
June 23, 1440 : We captured the province of Morea from Byzantium
*but theyd captured Smyrna before so I coudnt push for peace*

December 3, 1440 : We have lost control over Bulgaria to Byzantium.
May 6, 1441 : We captured the province of Smyrna from Byzantium
January 6, 1443 : We captured the province of Bulgaria from Byzantium
January 7, 1443 : Byzantium accepted peace with Oman on the following terms : Byzantium pays 87$ in indemnities. Pondicherry to Oman.Byzantium will become a vassal. *grr's at Oman, they were mine! I saw them first!*

January 13, 1443 : Byzantium accepted our generous peace offer.Morea to Turkey. indemnities of 200 payed. Byzantinium converts state religion to Sunni. *Sweet revenge!*

*Anyways, back to increasing badboy..*
March 26, 1443 : Turkey declared war upon The Knights.
April 18, 1444 : We captured the province of Rhodes from The Knights
April 21, 1444 : The Knights accepted our generous peace offer. We annexed the Knights. *cheers*

April 21, 1444 : Granada was annexed by Castille
February 5, 1445 : The Hedjaz declined to become our vassals. Again! bah! *For 15 years, allied, royal marriage, sunni, +200.. grrr*

Turkey still declared war on Dulkadir, swiftly won it and annex her.
I forgot the date tho.. *note: Dulkadir was a Turkish vassal so we got a nice -4 stab for that*

April 1448 is the date now.

Riot's? you bet, revolts all over the place constantly! Those pesky Christians, putting them to the sword as fast as one can but.. there's just so many of them!
Next I think I'll fight another Mameluk war, (they're such easy prey :D ) pick up 3 or so provinces there to leave them with 1 or 2 at most.. then probably annex Candar or Cyprus. Or both, yeah, both sounds good.

And I will continue to try and vassalise the Hedjaz! Diploannex baby.

At worst, we went upto all 5 loans being taken out(during byzan war), but now we've gotten it down to 3. Should get it down to 2 soon.

Hmm, isn't it WAY too fast? Of course, fun to see, but unhistorical for such a major conquests from your side happen so easily, and for such a major wars inside of HRE. Any official comment?

from my expericen, europe goes kaboom from 1419 to 1492 (prolly trying to get them to go to they're 1492 form).

*shrug* Mameluks werent much opposition, Byzantine was tough, but after I'd captured they're provinces, they coudn't raise armies and I still had empty provinces, so it was merely a matter of time then (though they did come close, but not close enough)

Dulkadir, and Serbia, step 1, amass large army, step 2 wait for diplomat, step 3 surprise them!

It is wrong for such a major wars in HRE. I am fine with any other wars, but i don't think it is realistic to have such effective and often wars in HRE. In this case, Germany would be united by 1500AD.

PPete, thanks for the AAR, looks interesting.

Does seem to be a little bit too much annexation going on, not just the human but also the AI.

AI England looks as crap as EU1, losing to France and losing their annexation of Brittany.

From reading all the AARs I'm yet to be convinced that some of the fundemental problems of EU have been fixed, and all the new features in the world won't make up for that.

Byzantium becomes Sunni??!!!

And why are you having revolts? Is it because you don't have CB shields or because you have very low tolerance?

And can you not convert any of your provinces?

Originally posted by Alexander Seil
It is wrong for such a major wars in HRE. I am fine with any other wars, but i don't think it is realistic to have such effective and often wars in HRE. In this case, Germany would be united by 1500AD.

In that case they'll have to expand undisturbed. ;)
Would hardly work in that age.

Yeah! I forced the Byzantines to become Sunni!

As turkey, I have CB shields over half of the planet. Revolts are a result of religious intolerance (too many damn christians!)

sean9898 , remember that in this period of time, England is actually SUPPOSED to get its rear kicked, from this to 1492, all that england did was lose its french posessions bar calais.

If you look at the annexations, Friesland and Gelre did a couple of them, but they should be Austrian territories by 1492 right?

Hungary added Croatia to itself, and if you read the venezia aar that was robbed by a bunch of balkan debaters, it obviously was very close to being annexed by hungary anyways, so thats not a biggie

And usually the HRE city states fight one or two wars a century, then wait for you to be a badboy to jump on you, or wait to get lands from alliance wars. So they're behaviour has only been strange in that it all occurred already.-. but it is a mathematic possibility =P

and do remember it's still a beta. I dont know if the hard/agressive/normal thingys have been put in properly yet to be honest. and scenario wise i think austria is a bit too weak at the start, in most of my games when the ai plays austria, it loses land before 1492. but when i've played austria, ive gotten land before 1492. as the game's not really chrashing anymore, these are the sort of scenario balance things they're trying to find out now.

Interesting reading. Was this expansion funded at the expense of research? Did you run out of recruits at any stage? Is the Badboy mechanism unchanged from EU1 or more refined?

Steel

I think it is great you can convert heathens from OTHER religions! As opposed to local (Shia) heathens! :D :D :D

Heh, heh, heh... My first goal.. Shia Scotland!

July 1 1448, we declared war on Albania
July 21, 1448 : We have initiated a siege in Albania.
November 22, 1450 : We captured the province of Albania from Albania
January 5, 1451 : Albania accepted our generous peace offer.
January 5, 1451 : Albania are now our vassals.
Albania also had to pay us, Turkey, some 200 gold.

September 10, 1451 : Turkey declared war upon Byzantium.
May 30, 1452 : We captured the province of Thrace from Byzantium
June 1, 1452 : Byzantium accepted our generous peace offer. Turkey annexed Byzantium.
As I said, we were here to be the badboy. No sooner had we annexed the Byzans than a Capital moving event came and turned some of our provinces to Turkish culture and Sunni religion.

May 24, 1453 : Turkey declared war upon Crimea.
April 11, 1453 : We captured the province of Azow from Crimea
April 11, 1453 : Crimea accepted our generous peace offer. We annexed Crimea, Azov and some other province, forget the name now.
That's Mr Badboy to you! No sooner had the golden horde fallen apart and Crimea declared independence, than our great Sultan whatshisname decided that we could sure use a base of operations in the Crimean Sea.

Third Mameluk war (prolly last too, the only provinces I left them with were the one's I didn't want)
November 23, 1455 : Turkey declared war upon Mameluks.
January 29, 1456 : We captured the province of Cyrenaica from Mameluks
March 26, 1456 : We captured the province of Egypt from Mameluks
April 20, 1456 : We captured the province of Syria from Mameluks
February 24, 1457 : We captured the province of Lebanon from Mameluks
March 26, 1457 : We captured the province of Aleppo from Mameluks
May 2, 1457 : Mameluks accepted our generous peace offer.
May 2, 1457 : Mameluks are now our vassals. *Cyrenaica, Syria, Aleppo to Turkey*
Mameluks are just such easy prey :D, and I have a permanent CB on them, lovely

We granted Cyrenaica independence. Didn't want to rule a province not in my sphere of interest and that we didn't have a direct land link to
May 2, 1457 : The people of Cyrenaica declared independence from Turkey.
May 2, 1457 : Cyrenaica are now our vassals.

We need more BB!
December 21, 1457 : Turkey declared war upon Cyprus.
March 22, 1458 : We captured the province of Cyprus from Cyprus
March 23, 1458 : Cyprus accepted our generous peace offer. We annexed Cyprus.

Now I wanted to consolidate my position in mainland Turkey
April 8, 1461 : Turkey declared war upon Ak Koyunlu.
February 11, 1462 : We captured the province of Kastamonu from Ak Koyunlu
May 26, 1462 : We captured the province of Nuyssaybin from Ak Koyunlu
September 29, 1462 : We captured the province of Kurdistan from Ak Koyunlu
January 16, 1463 : We captured the province of Trabzon from Ak Koyunlu
September 16, 1463 : We captured the province of Armenia from Ak Koyunlu
December 14, 1463 : We captured the province of Sivas from Ak Koyunlu
March 13, 1464 : Ak Koyunlu accepted our generous peace offer.
Kastamonu, Trabzon, Sivas and Armenia to Turkey

Our attempts at Colonialisation aren't going as planned
June 19, 1465 : Natives destroyed our settlement in Bahrein!
February 5, 1470 : Natives destroyed our settlement in Palakimedi!

Here's the result of one heresy event in Bulgaria (turning it to Catholic, with which I have 0 tolerance)

July 1, 1448 : The peasants in Bulgaria are revolting!
November 1, 1449 : The peasants in Bulgaria are revolting!
January 1, 1450 : We have lost control over Bulgaria to Rebel Scum.
January 1, 1450 : The peasants in Bulgaria are revolting!
April 19, 1450 : We won a battle against Rebel Scum in Bulgaria.
June 1, 1453 : The peasants in Bulgaria are revolting!
August 3, 1453 : We won a battle against Rebel Scum in Bulgaria.
May 30, 1456 : The peasants in Bulgaria are revolting!
July 1, 1456 : The peasants in Bulgaria are revolting!
July 24, 1456 : We lost a battle against Rebel Scum in Bulgaria.
November 1, 1456 : We won a battle against Rebel Scum in Bulgaria.
April 30, 1459 : We won a battle against Rebel Scum in Bulgaria.
December 1, 1463 : We have lost control over Bulgaria to Rebel Scum.
December 1, 1463 : The peasants in Bulgaria are revolting!
July 13, 1464 : We have initiated a siege in Bulgaria.
April 1, 1469 : The peasants in Bulgaria are revolting!
May 17, 1469 : We won a battle against Rebel Scum in Bulgaria.
August 1, 1470 : The peasants in Bulgaria are revolting!
September 6, 1470 : We won a battle against Rebel Scum in Bulgaria.

Don't take this personally, but I'm beginning to hate Bulgarians! :D
Don't want to give it independence as it's too close to my capital imho.

Our badboy is currently a pesky 45. Will have to work a bit harder to raise it again.

Turkey got some nice events now, one was a trader event in which I got 1000 gold, and then there was 2 army reformation events (or 2 reform events, and being the BB I took great army reform both times =p)
And there were several events changing culture and religion, which were nice.

Originally posted by Produce Pete
And there were several events changing culture and religion, which were nice.

But not of course in Bulgaria where you wanted it! :D

Great AAR! Keep up the good work! One prob, tho.
It seems that the AI is too weak. I've seen the human players get assloads of land and the AI just fumble around and lose it. Please tell me that I'm an idiot and that the AI is pretty good.:D

BTW Can you check your BB rating in the game?

great AAR, is the capital moving event only if you annex Byzantium, or can f.e. move your capital to Jerusalem, just to tease Christianity...;)

Originally posted by Spruce
great AAR, is the capital moving event only if you annex Byzantium, or can f.e. move your capital to Jerusalem, just to tease Christianity...;)

Oh no, i wanted to make jerusalem capital of the knights, maby that is possible for them....

I like being able to change religion on others, i will finaly get my moslem spain :D