• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I had this idea I think might be worth something... remember the Schlieffen event for Germany in TGW? Where you got to decide if you wanted to ride against Russia or invade France?

Well, we might simulate that by making (at least most of) the german army nonavailable at the begining of the game. Then, if the player chose to invade Russia first, his OOB would be activated in such a manner that he'd have a few troops to hold off France in the west only, and that most of his army would be activated facing Russia. Chose he the opposite course of action, the exact oposite happens. As might be obvious, I am not too familiar on how this event works, but it might be worth considering, eh?

Kalashnikov said:

Very many thanks. :) I should to have a look at them, too. Send the relevant files to dsw6000[a]hotmail.com

Nuclear Winter said:
As might be obvious, I am not too familiar on how this event works, but it might be worth considering, eh?

I cannot say that I am very keen - it all seems rather rigid, even for the mobilisation of the German Army. Besides, it would stop the German player from being able to invade Denmark, Norway or Peru before August 1914 with the full might of her army.

I was wondering if it is possible to give a specific division some bonuses. Not to a type of divisions, but for a single one for a set amount of time. I was thinking of events something like this... Say, some nationalities were great enemies, and fought much harder against them. My example is the Croatians showing great dislike for the Serbians, and fighting them with great vigour (Wasn't the expression I wanted to use, but it'll do. I'm not a native speaker of English). So, there could be a random chance that some Austro-Hungarian division had a lot of Croats while fighting the Serbs...

No wait, that can't work. Is there some easy way to make SURE the division with the bonuses was actually fighting Serbs? That sounds like it, well, wouldn't exist. Bleh, foiled again! ;D

Would there be any noticeable difference between a division fighting an enemy it despised and a division fighting an enemy it simply regarded as....the enemy?

Sounds like much ado about nothing to me. :)

Actually, it was notorious that the Austro-Hungarian Army fought much harder against the Italians (who were generally regarded as traitorous back-stabbing, alliance-breaking opportunist scum) than they did against the Russians, Serbs or Rumanians. This was especially strong in the case of A-H units from the same ethnic group as their opponents - they were highly unwilling to kill people they felt more in common with than they did with the Emperor in Vienna, and much more liekly to desert or surrender.

However, I can't think of any way to represent it in the game. There are event commands to change the strength or organisation of a particular division, but you'd have to either know the specific ID of the unit (so it only works on ones in existence at the start of the scenario) or accept it affecting a purely random division. Or, you could increase any of the factors of a type of unit, but it affects all units of that type (as in "all INF units get +1 Soft Attack").

I have the idea for an Early Surrender for the Turks, to simulate the aim of the Gallipolli campaign. Say, it could be like this:

Turkish Surrender: Alternative outcome.

(Turkey):The Allied forces occupy Istanbul, and the people request peace, what shall we do?
a) Surrender while we still can(reduces Ottoman Territory to lands in sykes picot)
b)Negotiate ( retains territorial integrity of Turkey, giving it modern-day borders)
c) fight on!!!(increases dissent and perhaps partisans in Arab areas)

Yours,

the noob aussieboy :) :)

Thats a cool idea.

Also what about Versailles? Any alternatives etc?

Humphrey, I have no experience in coding, modding , tech stuff in general, But I could provide advice for events, effects, etc, etc.

I remember when playing as Germany in Vicky that, if I occupied Paris and other strategic locations, they had a "Treaty of Versailles-German victory", mabye we could build on this:

Message: "the French have been evicted from Paris. They request Peace."

Options:

a) a kind peace (status quo antebellum)
b) somewhat kind peace (gives Germany french syria-lebanon)
c) harsh peace ( GER acquires egypt, all franch colonies, all British colonies except India, Malaya, and the Dominions)
d) extremely harsh peace ( basically Germany occupies northern france, like in 1940, all ALLIED colonies go to Germany,Serbia puppet of A-H, OE gets Greece, Russian Poland to Germany, and a puppet Ukraine)

France and UK should have option to consnt to peace terms or fight on.

aussieboy :p :p :p

Last edited:
Yet we need them as although peace negotiations are present in HOI2, it is highly unlikely for France to accept a proposal from Germany, even though all of mainland France has been overrun and they only have two militia divisions in New Caledonia left.

btw, is there a way to simulate the Arab Revolt using the partisans and events?

Is there a US event that allows you to support either Zapata/Villa or Carranza in the Mexican Revolution?

as for the Ukraine, they had 3 main governments, the Central Rada, The Hetmanate and the Directory. Basically the Rada was proclaimed in 1917, then in April 1918 Pavlo Skoropadsky, a general, over threw them and became Hetman of the Ukraine with German help. In November/December 1918 when the Germans were defeated, the Hetmante was over thrown by the Directory, headed by Symon Petlyura. You could use sudden change of government events, but maybe just tweak them a tad to make it a bit more country specific. What do you think would be best? Using sudden change of Govt events or making a similiar but more specific event for Ukraine?

also, i'll try to get some events, not coded (i can't code :D ) ideas for Makhno, we were working on Makhno in TWEP. So i'll post the events later and see what can be done with them..

I probably don't need to restate my thoughts on peace treaty events at great length again. :)

If you want to conquer a country, then either annex it, or puppet it, or accept whatever peace terms they offer. If France is occupied but has a viable colony somewhere , then why complain? You've won the main battle anyway. Those two divisions in New Caledonia are probably being paid by the British at this stage anyway...

(Besides, if you control all of Europe you can easily build a fleet and a few light infantry units to go colony-hunting, as long as you have the patience to wait a couple of years.)

I would make a few recommendations:

1) That we don't add extra victory points to the colonies as we did in TGW. If you overrun France itself, you should have enough of her victory point provinces to puppet her.

2) At most, have some events to divide up certain countries on historical grounds after they've been defeated. (Use the puppet = and NOT = { exists = triggers to determine this). This can allow for the disintegration of the Habsburg Empire and similar events. But having half a dozen different versions of each peace treaty seems over the top to me.