• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Kaiser Franz said:
because i copied it straight from the file of events and edited a little..
You do know that a # makes the game completely ignore what comes after?

God knows we have enough British events, BUT....

I only saw one event dealing with the economic fortune of England following the end of the Great War, and I am of the opinion that we need a few more events ( ~ 2-3 ), and maybe even a demobilization event? Perhaps any of these topics...

Black Friday in 1921
Return to the Gold Standard in 1925
Returning mines, railways, and transportation services to private ownership

What about the conquered territories of France by Germany?

I am just watching the Military Channel to findout over 8 Million French civilians are used for Forced Labour, being Boys and Girls.

No Residental and Commerical home and such are left unspared from their Livestocks, foodstuffs, everything as in chairs and valuables too.

Perhaps there should exist an Event Series to simulate this and entitle it as German Military State

As it said in the show to, heh.

Naga Niome said:
What about the conquered territories of France by Germany?

I am just watching the Military Channel to findout over 8 Million French civilians are used for Forced Labour, being Boys and Girls.

No Residental and Commerical home and such are left unspared from their Livestocks, foodstuffs, everything as in chairs and valuables too.

Perhaps there should exist an Event Series to simulate this and entitle it as German Military State

As it said in the show to, heh.
It is true.
The german occupation was very harsh, that's why there was such an exodus 20 years later. For instance, in Lille, the German requested bed stuffs (I don't know the words) in 1915... and then again in 1916! But people had already given all they had by 1915 :wacko: Same things for metals and food. French conscript in 20's or 30's that were children in the occupied zone were smaller and weaker than other french, because of lack of food during the critical years of childhood.

How will german occupation be simulated?

Last edited:
Emp_Palpatine said:
How ill german occupation be simulated?
Why not:

Prince of Terror
Foreign IC use +15%
Consumer goods need +10%
The Prince of Terror lives by the rule: it is better to be feared than to be loved. However, extreme violence may actually increase dissent, a factor the Prince of Terror is unable to see.

...as a German minister of security?

Hmhn but the best way would be to an chain of events detailing these atrocities and such.

Mild increases in MOR and Supplies and Metals for German Empire.

Perhaps increased or decreased Manpower to simulate the labour military police or more men, particularly French of course.

This is an important part of World War I, the Civilians are under extreme hardship from Pseudo-Fascist-Technocrats of the Kaiser Borgs.

Can we even put events like that in? I though Paradox had a pretty firm policy regarding atrocities in their games and any mods associated with them (well as long as we want to continue using their site to advertise it, etc.).

The Nanking Massacare is in Vanilla.

Seems alright, as truly the German Occupation didn't involve massive executions and abusements but however French were robbed of almost their entire homes stuff.

Personally, I think that giving Germany a minister with the traits that increase IC use from occupied territory while also giving a dissent increase would be the perfect way to represent this - clean, elegant, and requires no additional work from the mod team in writing more events. :)

StephenT said:
Personally, I think that giving Germany a minister with the traits that increase IC use from occupied territory while also giving a dissent increase would be the perfect way to represent this - clean, elegant, and requires no additional work from the mod team in writing more events. :)

Agreed. Also, it allows the user to change the policy that they choose. They could try to conduct the war with a less agressive foreign occupation policy.

Naga Niome said:
Ya'll aren't understanding the significance of this..
I don't believe that German occupation policies in 1914-18 were harsher than in 1940-45. And yet HoI2 represents their policies in WW2 the way we've been talking about doing for WW1...

There already exists ample provision for the portrayal of German rule in Belgium in TGW, in particular, I refer to events 21036, 'Raw Materials Agency' and 21037, 'Deportation of Belgian Civilians'. The latter might even be considered contentious for a mod. :)

As for a minister, I believe that this addition will be quite suitable:

Code:
21141;Minister of Security;Moritz von Bissing;1914;FA;Prince of Terror;High;vonbissing_moritz_ger;x

Actually, both occupations were quite similar in terms of living conditions... My Granny lived both and there is no mystery in why she try to leave in 1940.
But indeed, WW2 occupation was much bloodier: mass executions etc, whereas there was also executions and deportations (to fortresses) in WW1, but not that much.

Naga Niome said:
Ya'll aren't understanding the significance of this..

The event you propose will give additional suppilies to Germans. That can be presented equally well by prince of terror => more ic => more supplies. And it is simpler.

The events are there only to present things that can't be presented through ministers, sliders, ic, infrastructure...

Emp_Palpatine said:
Actually, both occupations were quite similar in terms of living conditions... My Granny lived both and there is no mystery in why she try to leave in 1940.
But indeed, WW2 occupation was much bloodier: mass executions etc, whereas there was also executions and deportations (to fortresses) in WW1, but not that much.
Well, pointing out that Germany's WW1 policies were slightly less extreme than those of Adolf Hitler and the Nazis isn't really saying much... :D

One thing that's stuck in my mind (from the Channel 4 documentary series on WW1) is that in occupied Russia, Poland and the Baltics, the Germans set up delousing stations in each village they occupied, and any civilian who wanted to interact with the garrison basically had first to be stripped down and hosed off. Every time. Talk about winning hearts and minds... :eek: