• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm just asking because when looking through the whole thread, there were already numerous users who made SKIF-style icons, like here or here.

Well, and where can we find them?:p

8803193.jpg

Hi all, just want to confirm that I had read your message Cardus.

I believe I still have several image of the icons I made few months ago and I hope I can still find it. I'll inform immediately if I found the files...(seems to be lost in the midst of binaries)

@ IndoEsia45 thank you very much for your reply. Our WWI art director schmoemi ;) will be pleased receiving your icons

@ igro_bel thank you very much for your nice picture but what about the files? ;)

@ schmoemi (alias the WWI art director) we received a first answer from 2 over 3. Let us see whether we will be able to collect more icons. The we could, as you mentioned, have two sets.

Ok guys, as I'm the art director here now, can we agree on some standards for unit icons?

1. The icon must show the actual unit model, shown by roman figures or better, the historical year of the associated tech.
  2. The artist has to assure the unit type is clearly visible, either implemented in the artwork (e.g. in the background horses refer to cavalry, parachutes to paratroopers) or by additional letters/figures
For further standardization it would be nice, of course, if the icon artists could agree on using the same fonts, same positions etc...

As a successful example I would like to refer to GFM's icons here:
heerxf9.jpg

1. and 2. are implemented very well here.
Under the strength/org bars there would be space for (optional) national flags or symbols...

I'm fine with your proposal. If is not much work I would use two different colours in order to distinguish between strength and organisation

I'm fine with your proposal. If is not much work I would use two different colours in order to distinguish between strength and organisation
Green is the transparent color of HoI2. Everything that's green like the status bars in the icons is transparent ingame. So you will see the default org & strength bars ingame (if they're not modified, too).

Green is the transparent color of HoI2. Everything that's green like the status bars in the icons is transparent ingame. So you will see the default org & strength bars ingame (if they're not modified, too).

Is it the only green which is transparent? I mean there are many types of green like

green
green
green
green

It's that poison green and only this one.

Ok. No further questions/requests so far; your time is really valuable!

Schmoemi, can you even make Icons of Colonial African and Asians troops?

Keith, has been said several time that in order to get that point you need to set up a scenario for colonies (namely for East Africa). Did you do it?

Well,My comp sort of screwed up, it's trash now. I'm getting a new comp soon though. I'm hoping I can get a Windows 7. But, all my work will probably be lost unless I can transfer all my info from my old comp to my new one. I'll resume work once that problem is solved.

Cardus:
Keith, has been said several time that in order to get that point you need to set up a scenario for colonies (namely for East Africa). Did you do it?

I know it's been mentioned, I just wanted to know so I won't have to ask later.