• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No problem! I can be intermediary between them.
Right now Russian, German, Ottoman and Japan Empiries, France and Soviet are done.

Ok. Thank you. Please let us know because Schmoemi is really very good on graphic and a coordination would be in the interest of everybody!

I just want you to know that I'm trying to make the icons for France. Can I have model.csv so I can know what unit will be needed? Also SKIF said he have a lot of material. Maybe I can acquire something usefull from it.

Preview France:
previewku2.jpg

Wasn't there already a forum member who did these SKIF-style unit icons?
Perhaps you could team up?

And then we should talk about what icons should be the default ones and what should be optional or so...

Wasn't there already a forum member who did these SKIF-style unit icons?
Perhaps you could team up?

And then we should talk about what icons should be the default ones and what should be optional or so...

Yeah, they are in SKIF style, but have original design, nevertheless, someone should make desicion, agree.

BTW, file is located here.

Take a look at the models which were developed by our community:
8311606.jpg

3399101.jpg

1579732.jpg

6289458.jpg

0786199.jpg

What do you think?

Very nice artworks, that's what I think.

Are you also making some skins ?

Yeah, they are in SKIF style, but have original design, nevertheless, someone should make desicion, agree.

BTW, file is located here.

I think that the work done by Schmoemi and your comrade deserves the default.

Is anybody against this proposal?

Last edited:
I think that the work done by Schmoemi and your comrade deserves the default.

Is anybody against this proposal?

I think there should be a vanilla-style icon set (my work also follows that flavour) like the icons from 1914 v0.43 as default, an an optional (and hopefully complete) SKIF-style icon set for gamers who like their flavour more.

I think there should be a vanilla-style icon set (my work also follows that flavour) like the icons from 1914 v0.43 as default, an an optional (and hopefully complete) SKIF-style icon set for gamers who like their flavour more.

This is fine but adds some complexity on the maintenance because it would be required to mantain two settings.

This is fine but adds some complexity on the maintenance because it would be required to mantain two settings.

Once icon sets are complete, there's not much to maintain any more :cool:
Only if there are e.g. new units to be introduced or so....

Last edited:
Once icon sets are complete, there's not much to maintain any more :cool:
Only if there are e.g. new units to bei introduced or so....

This is the point. A modification in the game could imply a double change in the icons.

Nevermind as you are against the "unification" let us have two sets of icons.

This is the point. A modification in the game could imply a double change in the icons.

Nevermind as you are against the "unification" let us have two sets of icons.
I just think these two styles don't fit well together, They are completely different kind of "art". I appreciate the work from SKIF and the other artists creating game art of their style, but I personally prefer the simple vanilla-style artwork for my game. So, I would leave the choice to the player, what he likes to favour.

Last edited:
I just don't think these two styles don't fit well together, They are completely different kind of "art". I appreciate the work from SKIF and the other artists creating game art of their style, but I personally prefer the simple vanilla-style artwork for my game. So, I would leave the choice to the player, what he likes to favour.

That is fine. As art director :p of this mod would you mind to coordinate with igro and his comrade the icons?

OK so, what icons/ icon sets do we have already?

Till now, because of many diverted their attention on HOI3, the icons are the ones on the default installation. I'm going to ask Igro in order to confirm it.

I'm just asking because when looking through the whole thread, there were already numerous users who made SKIF-style icons, like here or here.

You are right asking that's why I have sent a message to Igro. I'm informing you that in order to cross check with those guys you mentioned I have sent a message to them as well.

Let us see.