• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, I hope to be done with my counter project before Sunday, at least in a Beta form. I'll be releasing it right after that. After I'm done I'm not opening Photoshop for a month. Currently here's my status

Land:
Generic (Mix of Balkan pictures) 100%
Germany 100%
USA 100%
British Empire 100%
France 100% (Revisions coming)
Italy 100%
Austria Hungary 100%
Russia 100%
Soviet Russia 100%
Ottoman Turks 100%
Tanks (with specific German models) 100%
Spain pre-1912 100% (Don't intend to go further with them)
Japan 100% (Sadly with a LOT of repeats. Just not much out there for WWI Japan)
China and Asian states 100% (Had to use the same models for most asian states.)
Canada and Australia 100% (In case you liberate them)

Ships
Generic 100%

Aircraft
Generic 100%
I only did a few nation specific aircraft, but there's enough for flavor. As time goes along I'll add more.

Currently on the plate before finish is Mexico and South America. I will whip up an African set for the independent states too. Starting them today. After that, only thing I've really got left to do are the White Russians, which I'm considering not doing in heavy detail.

Fortunately the long road is getting shorter.

Epaminondas said:
I think you probably have a veritable throng of 'customers' waiting at the end of that long road. Very much looking forward to the set.

Thanks, I appreciate the interest, especially considering the hours I've put in. At this point I consider the set to be in beta, and therefore I've gone ahead and uploaded everything so that everyone can try it out and see if they like it. The set can be found here:
1914 Counter Set Beta

Simply download the file and drop it into the 1914/gfx/interface/models directory. Click yes to all to overwrite, back up the directory if this set sucks too badly.

There are still a few things to be changed in the near future, especially aircraft. I also want to spruce up the ship models, but that's for a much later date. As for new nations, I'll probably be adding a few models for South American specific countries, independent African and some variations on Asia. White Russia is also on the horizon. Right now though, it's time for a break.

SirAndrewD said:
There are still a few things to be changed in the near future, especially aircraft. I also want to spruce up the ship models, but that's for a much later date. As for new nations, I'll probably be adding a few models for South American specific countries, independent African and some variations on Asia. White Russia is also on the horizon. Right now though, it's time for a break.

Sir Andrew, Thanks a lot for you work, it is much appreciated!

If someone has finished the all needed unit-icons, please sent it to me so that I can include them into the game.

v.Manstein said:
If someone has finished the all needed unit-icons, please sent it to me so that I can include them into the game.

I don't really consider the set to be 100% complete, but it is to the point where all the current generic little grey stick figures are replaced by full color icons. The only thing that I seem to be lacking are some of the experimental units, like experimental monoplanes. When I see them come up in the game, they don't have an icon at all, so I guess I either deleted them somehow or I don't know which model number to assign them to make them work.

I'm taking a brief break on making icons right now, but I'll be back to work on them probably in the next day or two in order to finish out what I originally intended. I'm really flattered by the response to my beta release and I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying the icons. I don't even want to guess at the number of hours I had to work on these, I know it was a lot. The only easy part was that as a lifelong history teacher whose degree was partly based in this subject, I had a very extensive library to work from. Needless to say my scanner is about to fall apart. ;)

Anyway, thanks again for the response. Stay tuned for more aircraft, some Bores, Africans and White Russians.

SirAndrewD said:
Here's a quick visual on my progress for nations other than Germany and some aircraft and ships. This is just a random sample of some of the better counters.
montage.jpg

If you need pictures for Denmark please PM me.

SirAndrewD said:
Here's a quick visual on my progress for nations other than Germany and some aircraft and ships. This is just a random sample of some of the better counters.
montage.jpg

This is outstanding work. Very well done.

A quick word of advice - I think the icon you have for French 1912 reserve infantry ought to be for light infantry, which has become something of a byword for colonial garrison troops in the mod. The 1912 reserve troops would better be represented by something similar to the 1912 infantry which you have there. :)

Allenby said:
This is outstanding work. Very well done.

A quick word of advice - I think the icon you have for French 1912 reserve infantry ought to be for light infantry, which has become something of a byword for colonial garrison troops in the mod. The 1912 reserve troops would better be represented by something similar to the 1912 infantry which you have there. :)

Excellent. I was sort of gathering that Light = Colonial after some play throughs on the game. I made a few revisions to that in my beta version, I'll do a more full revision on the next release.

Yes, main campaign map. With the latest releases, uber ugly, all that brown. Please fix.

v.Manstein said:
We still need a flag for soviet Azerbaijan.

Can somebody tell me which to use? this or this one?

Hi, you should use the first one IMO (the one with the half moon) because it was the flag of the Azerbaijan soviet republic during 1920 - 1921 while the other one fits better in my mod, it fluttered from 1952 until 1991.

EDIT: Info taken from:
http://www.worldstatesmen.org/Azerbaijan.html (Scroll down until you see the different flags of the Azerbaijan Soviet Republics)