• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bloody marvellous.

Could I have a copy of the loading screen and a version of that logo with a white background, Stephen?

Did you render the photograph in at all? It does seem to look a little darker than the original. :)

:eek:

That is incredible guys. StephenT, I am like the picture in the background a lot. And the poppy does rule.

Wow thats fantastic :). As for the logo, if I may comment, I liked the 5-year-old style one with the french cap, the iron cross, and the angry face the best :)

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Allenby, I've emailed you the files as requested.

The background picture is indeed altered somewhat, as follows:

1. Take original load screen.

2. Sample green colour from near the top of the screen, and make it a solid background.

3. Add a gradient fill to black.

4. Copy and paste the Paradox logo and loading bar from the original background.

5. Add the photograph.

6. Make the photograph layer 25% opaque.

7. Add logo. Complete!

1914load_howto.jpg

Thanks for the email. :) The loading screen looks excellent - perhaps it would be suitable for the main menu, or do you think that we should have something different? I think it is best that we vary things and show off our graphical skills!

The '1914' title looks tremendous as well. I assume from the background featuring Archduke Franz and Sophie that it is meant for the August 1914 scenario? ;):D

scenario-select.jpg

Looking good guys. I think we should have a different picture for the main menu. Perhaps a mix collage (like the origianl HOI 2 main menu...see above in Allenby's post) of a tank, some trench shot, a bi-plane (perhaps if you can find a picture of a bi-plane attacking a zepplin), and may a sub or a period combat vessel. Just some ideas.

Hye guys, I've been fooling around a bit with Adobe Photoshop and a few WWI maps and photos trying to get something for the main menu screen.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Nuclear_Winter/1914-main.jpg shows what I've got so far. I'd like to hear some feedback on it, so I can know if I should invest on it or scrap the whole thing altogether, and if I should keep on with it, what should be changed. Since this is obviously work in progress the quality is not too good, nor is the concept still very clear in my mind (as soon as I uploaded the file it dawned upon me that the "1914" part should be FAR larger than it is now). Also, it doesn't have the "HOI2" official logo yet, and I take I'll need to measure the size of the menu bar so I can raise the title high enough so it can be readable when the menu screen is opened.

BTW, unfortunately it seems Photobucket resized it, it is still readable, but I want to make it clear that the original is monitor-sized as it should be :)

Very good. :) Of course, it would be inappropriate for me to simply confirm yours as the menu screen for 1914 at such an early stage. I might, for example, have a shot at designing one myself and see what people think...

Made a little skin for imperial russia, don't know if you'll like or not, here is a preview:

Attachments

• rossija.gif
    rossija.gif
    285,2 KB · Views: 842
  • rossija.zip
    1,2 MB · Views: 206
Last edited:
If people are looking for something to do, then event pictures wouldn't go amiss.

This, for example, is for the event in HOI II when Churchill becomes Prime Minister.

churchill-picture.jpg

I don't necessarily expect people to size and rotate the pictures to fit themselves, because that can be done later. For now, just get the appropriate pictures found - Kenny might enjoy this one. :)

Most events will stay in, so it's safe to assume that you can work from events in TGW.

better send me a pm with your mail and I'll send you a zip with the files correctly named and working :D

If you want any other skin, I can try to make it :p