• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Allenby

Custom User Title
8 Badges
Apr 4, 2003
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
1914: Graphics

So...

Who would like to design a logo for us?

Ideally, the text should be this:

"Hearts of Iron II
1914: The First World War"

Preferably, the Hearts of Iron II part should maintain its current font, but a blank cheque is given for the "1914: First World War" part.

As in Blue Peter, the winning child gets their work pinned up on the wall for a fortnight.

Good luck, kids!

bp1ww.jpg

That's undoubtedly a strong contender, but the use of only one colour makes it look slightly childish. Fortunately, I think I've managed to apply my graphical skills quite well here:

1914-fww.jpg

And now that we've played silly buggers, do we have any serious entries? :)

Fortunately, a very good fellow (who uses the name Afalsejedi on this forum and did our flags for TGW) has managed to create a few more flags for new countries being introduced in '1914'.

Ahaggar:
AHAGGARShield.bmp

AHAGGARFlag.bmp

Aïr (made up - I found it impossible to easily find information on distinctive banners, symbols used):
AIRShield.bmp

AIRFlag.bmp

Asir:
ASIRShield.bmp

ASIRFlag.bmp

Darfur:
DARFURShield.bmp

DARFURFlag.bmp

I liked the name "The Great War" so much better... way cooler than this new name. Why change just because you change engine? :confused:

Just call it TGW II...

Biosis - I like the idea of the poppy, I'm less keen on the font you've used for '1914': it's too unemphatic IMO.

In terms of emphasis, I think that the number '1914' should be the single largest element of the logo, since it's what we want the mod to be known by. "The First World War" should be a clear subtitle associated with it.

The 'Hearts of Iron 2' needs to be in there, of course, and I'd say it needs to be in the same format as Paradox uses: it's part of the game's corporate identity after all. But I don't think it needs to be very in-your face.

biosis123 said:
what do you think?

I think the poppy looks tremendous, although I agree with Stephen in thinking that the font could do with altering.

Here's my own adaption of your own design. It might be argued that '1914' could be bigger in relation to 'Hearts of Iron II'.

concept-logo-3.jpg

Hive said:
I liked the name "The Great War" so much better... way cooler than this new name. Why change just because you change engine? :confused:

Just call it TGW II...

I felt that 'TGW' sounded like the name of

1) An Indian car manufacturer
2) A Trade Union
3) A sexually transmitted disease
4) A combination of the above

Therefore, I argued for a name that would be more relevant to the mod's subject.

i also made a few flags and shields in apint a while bk and in my opion they were better than photo shop.
-
think that the 1914 looked better the way i dont it as it looks like someone wrote it by hand + when its red it looks like there is took much red writing on the screen

Well, I've been playing around with Photoshop tonight... what do you think of this as a loading screen?

1914load_1024.jpg

My original plan was to put pictures of the Kaiser, Clemenceau, etc in the centre to match the HoI2 screen, but they didn't look particularly good, so I went for this instead.