• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
9.1 Sahib I, “The Conqueror”

SahibI.jpg

6 January 1532

Sahib I rises to the throne. His council comes together the same day.

Sahib: I think, no I know, that you all are glad that my father’s rule is over. He failed as a ruler and as a father. Fear not, I shall not make the same mistakes as that weakling did. For example, I have been noticing Lithuania’s troops are growing at the border. Prepare the army for war, this time, we shall strike first, swift and brutal.

I do not wish to discuss my policy on this matter and so I dismiss this meeting, prepare the soldiers.

24 February 1532

New land is claimed in Kalmuk.
Population in Kalmuk + 2000
Manpower in Kalmuk + 1
Basic taxvalue in Kalmuk + 1

5 September 1532

Ak Koyunlu annexes the vassal of Crimea, Georgia. The council gathers in emergency session, most generals are dressed in full battle gear. When Sahib enters, all rise and salute him.

Sahib: Sit down gentlemen.
General 1: We shall fight to the death for you, my Khan!
General 2: Crimea shall not tolerate this outrage, our armies shall take swift care of the sheep-worshipping and cowardly dogs of Ak Koyunlu!
Sahib walked around the table and leaned down on it, between the two generals.
Sahib: Well gentlemen, I ask you. With what army will Crimea take on Ak Koyunlu and it’s allies? They border both the Ottoman Empire and the Mughal Empire. They are larger than the Timurid Empire ever was. And you wish to take them on with what? 5 000 soldiers? No! We shall swallow our pride and build up an army.
General 1: But Khan, the Crimeans will demand victories and revenge for this outrage!
Sahib: Trust me, general, revenge and victories they shall get. I have a plan to deal with Lithuania once and for all.
Sahib walked to his place and sat down. A great map of Europe and Central Asia was unrolled on the table.
Sahib: Lithuania and Austria have ceased war two months ago. I am sure they hardly have any troops left in their country.
General 2: But what about their ally, Poland? The Poles have mighty armies.
Sahib: Indeed, but so have the Ottomans. They are eager to attack the Poles after they lost a war against Venice. They thought they could handle it alone but it seems they lost Cyprus. Now they will certainly want other land to compensate for Cyprus.

11 April 1532

Gift to the state +200d.

3 June 1533

Crimea declares war on Lithuania.

June 1533

Crimean soldiers pour into Lithuania, using an early form of Blitzkrieg. They storm into Vorones and Belgorod, destroying the armies just formed there. They then attack the army in Bogutjar from 3 sides.

Poland is invaded by the huge Ottoman army and the once great Polish army is defeated in Podolia.

Combat.jpg
Ottomans destroy the Polish army​

Sieges are initiated in Vorones, Belgorod, Bogutjar by Crimea. Rebels siege Ukraina and Cherignov, weaking the Lithuanians. The Ottomans siege Jedisan and the Lithuanians are in complete disorder. Sahib was right. The Lithuanians only have an estimate army of 5 000 men, scattered in small units of 1 000 each.

30 June 1534

Astrakhan disapproves of the way Lithuania was attacked and calls Crimea “a nation of thugs and scum”.
Gained casus belli against Astrakhan for 60 months. Relations with Astrakhan lowered by –100. The council seems not very happy with it. Sahib though, seems quite happy with the accident.

11 September 1534

Bogutjar falls to our troops.

30 December 1534

Belgorod and Vorones are taken.

5 March 1535

Poltava is taken by Crimea.

6 March 1535

Lithuania gives up Bogutjar and Poltava to Crimea. Sahib enters the Crimean capital with some of the troops who fought in Lithuania. Crimea feasts for a month and Sahib is named “The Conqueror”. The generals each receive a small minitiature of the Crimean cavalry as a souvenir of the great battles in this war.

Minitiature.jpg
Given to each general​

Throughout Europe, ambassadors and merchants tell of the warriors of Crimea who are thought to be unable to be defeated. An explorer wrote down:

"The Crimeans are the descendants of a people of shepherds and thugs. For years, they sat in their khanate, waiting to be annexed or plundered by another nation. In the previous century, they managed to conquer multiple nations, conquer Russian and Lithuanian land. They are probably not a race of humans but instruments of God. He has send the Crimeans to punish those who do not obey them. Or maybe they are the work of Satan, as they plunder and ravish the lands they take.

They attack while shouting and banging on their shields. They shout obscenities to the opposing armies and take no prisoners. Each soldier carries a sack with him to hold the loot he might get from villages, cities or even the death. Many of them are Russians, but will identify themselves as Crimeans and spit when they talk about Muscovy. They seem to find Crimea as their only home.

When the Crimean attack, they carry war drums with them to give orders in the field. The very sound of those drums are enough to make inexperienced soldiers run. The Poles must have suffered greatly. The Turk invaded them in the south, the Crimean in the north. But I am sure that any Pole would have gladly jumped on an Ottoman spear instead of fighting the Crimean soldiers. Or should I say, the Crimean horde?

In the border cities and villages, there are special clocks in the tower. They are called "Crimea Clocks". For if the clock would sound, it would mean a Crimean attack and all inhabitants run for the hill. Never have I seen a people that bring so much fear and slaughter wherevery they may come."

11 July 1535

An internal trade ordinance is reached. Basic taxvalue in Saratow + 1

I may just be paying to matter attention, but I dont belive that horseman has stirrups. :D Nice work. Especially declawing the Russians(if only slightly).

I was thinking Roman. Though of course they were sposta be the last decendants of the Trojans. :D

Excellent work there, Crimea will soon be a great power in its own right. Will you maintain your friendship with the Ottomans or turn on them as well? Oh, and I love the pictures of the successive monarchs :rofl:

LordLeto: Yup, it's Roman. See it this way: the Romans were conquerors and introduced Pax Romana after killing all who oppose, same goes for Crimea :D

zacharym87: The Ottomans have a standing army bigger than 100 000, at the moment I have 20 000 soldiers, the Ottomans have rich provincies and lots of manpower. I have....crappy lands. So, I'm just gonna be a good friend to the Ottomans now. But of course, should the Ottomans descend into destability, Crimea could come over and bring order :D .

Last edited:
9.2 War and politics in the East​

11 June 1536

Vladimir: The whole nation admires your great victory over the Lithuanians. This shall secure our nation for centuries to come and make sure we won't have to go to war for decades.
Sahib: You think I would stop at that? I have just begon.
Vladimir: How do you mean?
Sahib: Oh, you will see in 10 days. The west is maybe secure but the east is still a threat to us.

21 June 1536

Crimea declares war on Astrakhan and her ally Sibir.

25 July 1536

Uralsk, Astrakhan and Orenburg are under siege. Sahib keeps raising more and more men as soon as he can and sends them immediately to the front.

16 October 1536

Sibir refuses a white peace.

3 January 1537

Astrakhan offers 200d in exchange for peace. Sahib refuses.
Sahib: I don’t want gold, I want it all!

20 March 1537

Astrakhan is taken by assault.

24 April 1537
Astrakhan offers 216d for peace. Sahib laughs and sends the Astrakhan diplomat away.

26 April 1537

Uralsk is taken.

April 1537 – May 1538

The siege of Orenburg sucks up all of our troops. Attacks from Sibir are stopped and the siege continues.

30 May 1538

In the main city of Orenburg, the Crimean flag is raised on the governor’s palace.

4 June 1538

Astrakhan is forced to accept peace with Crimea on very humiliating terms.

Crimea gets Uralsk and Orenburg. Astrakhan becomes a vassal of Crimea. The relations are still +78 though.

Sahib decides not to destroy the land as Crimeans used to and promotes tax collectors with the last ducats in the Crimean treasury.

12 June 1538

Crimeaarmy.jpg
The Crimean army invades Sibir. Notice how the uniforms and tactics of the army didn't change through the centuries.​

Sibir territory is invaded by Crimea. Kurgan is besiege by the Crimean troops.

15 August 1538

Sibir tries to drive the Crimeans from Kurgan but fail. Their army is completely wiped out. A general later wrote:

“The hills were covered with corpses, the trees stained with blood. The bodies of dead and dying were looted while villages were set ablaze. When I see this slaughter and looting, I am proud to be a Crimean.”

30 October 1538

The Crimean army leaves Kurgan because the winter arrives.

5 March 1539

Crimeans go back to Kurgan and take the city by assault. Sahib arrives when the city had just fallen and drives all men and women to the central city square.

Sahib: People of Sibir. Your ruler refused a white peace when he had the chance. You shall know what it means to defy the mighty Crimean Khan!

The city was looted for 10 days and the countryside was in ruins, thousands were killed and in good Crimean tradition, their skulls were piled up.

25 March 1539

Crimea begins the siege of Kustanai. The Sibir army tries to break it, but is again crushed.

25 October 1539

The Uzbek Khanganate breaks the royal marriage with Sibir, isolating Sibir completely.

3 January 1540

Crimea captures Kustanai and moves on to Ichim.

1 February 1540

Sibir accepts peace with Crimea to the following conditions: Crimea gets Kurgan.

12 February 1540

Russia lays claim to most provinces of Crimea.

(Event "Russian Claims In The East" happens to Russia)

20 February 1540

The Ottoman Empire declares war on Hungary, Crimea dishonours the alliance and forms a new alliance with Astrakhan and Sibir.

28 February 1540

Sahib and his council evaluate the war.

General 1: Mighty Khan, never before has Crimea had such a great ruler. You came, you saw, they ran.
Vladimir: A great job, great Khan. Your ancestors smile down upon you and Crimea.
Uday: And your Khan was wise to ally to Astrakhan and Sibir afterwards. They are so weak that we can dominate them completely. Certainly now that the Rus has made significant claims on the east.
General 2: You are the greatest Khan since the great Djengiz Khan!
Sahib: Yes, my friends. But know that I did this all for the greater glory of Crimea. Our available manpower totals 50 000 men now, our coffers are filled. Now we are a great nation, in 20 years, we shall be able to take on Ak Konyulu. But now, we shall feast!

The armies of Crimea are placed in the newly gained territories. Crimea gets two good reputation events and a great royal hunt. Relations with Sibir and Astrakhan are +191 and +189 at the end of 1541.

New land is claimed in Lugansk. Population +2000, manpower +1, basic taxvalue +1.

8 March 1543

Russia declares itself sole defender of the Orthodox countries of the world. Crimea, which has a lot of Orthodox inhabitants, moves troops to the border with Russia.

5 April 1543

A boundary dispute with Ak Koyunlu erupts. Sahib is wise enough to settle the issue and stability rises again.

16 May 1544

Religious turmoil in Vladimir is put down immediately.

23 April 1545

A boundary dispute with Sibir this time. Once again, Sahib settles the issue and relations improve by +25.

26 May 1545

An heir to the crown is born.

No special events

Stability rose in April

13 March 1548

Sibir monarch: I pledge my allegiance to you,mighty Khan of Crimea. I shall not move against your word. My sword shall always be on your side, mighty master.
The monarch of Sibir kneeled down and kissed Sahib’s feet, officially declaring Sibir a vazal nation of Crimea.

12 February 1549

Revolt in Orenburg, 10 000 rebels lay siege to the main city.

26 June 1549

5 000 Crimeans report themselves at an army barracks. They wish to help in destroying the filthy rebels in Orenburg.

+5 000 infantry in Krementjug.

18 May 1550

The rebels in Orenburg are smashed.

19 September 1550

New land is claimed in Ryazan. Population +2500, manpower and basic taxvalue +1.

22 November 1550

Great reputation! Relations improve with Sibir and Astrakhan.

1 July 1551

Volgograd converts en masse to the Sunni faith.

9 October 1551

Population booms in Lugansk. The population rises with 2000.

4 January 1552

Vladimir and Alexander die. The Khan declares a day of mourning.

6 January 1552

Sahib dies. Thousands gather in the streets to mourn the death of “The Great Conqueror”. Dawlat I rises to power, although not as gifted as his father, he promises to pursue the same policy as Sahib I did.

DalawatI.jpg

Crimea1552.jpg
Dalawat I inherited a small empire from his father​

Dawlat himself shall now command the Crimean army. His new council consists mostly out of Orthodox Russians, increasing their influence even more.
Advisor on Foreign affairs: Uday Strak
Financial Advisor: Joeri Ghi’Reg
Marshall: Boris Klop
Advisor on domestic affairs: Mohammed Al-Kalmuk
Dawlat also buries the plans to invade Ak Konyulu, finding the whole idea of taking on an empire greater than the Ottomans just plain dumb.

Quite a nice job turning the tables on Russia and Lithuania like that. I dare say, Russia may not have too much longer to go claiming things if this keeps up. And you are quite close to working your way down the Siberian corridor. That ought to help out somewhat with manpower and funds.

10 Diplomacy and conflict

24 March 1552

Uday: I have done as you asked, mighty Khan, and the Khazaks have accepted our offer. They are now part of our alliance.

16 October 1522

Dawalat: Yes, now I have you. I shall burn you, kill you, destroy you and all of your race. WAHAHAHA! Afer you, I shall rule the world!
Joeri whispers to Boris, both are standing in the doorway of the Khan’s bedroom.
Joeri: He’s shouting at the plants...
Boris: It seems to be in the family. His great-grandfather, Muhammad I “The Mad” did the same thing. We should ignore it, it is only temporary.

2 September 1553

Astrakhan declares war on Nogai. Of course, Crimea joins in to defend her allies. This war would be known as the Khanate wars. This because the two alliances were led by Khanates.

The Crimea Khanate alliance: Crimea + Astrakhan + Sibir + Khazak Horde
The Uzbek Khanate alliance: Uzbek Khanate + Nogai +

Crimea has the highest land technology level, level 5. The other nations have either level 2 or 3.

5 October 1553

Dawalat, having regained his senses, gathers with his generals and marshalls in the border province of Orenburg.

Warplan.jpg

Dawalat: I will command the army from Orenburg. Boris, you take the army from Kurgan. Our enemies are inferior in technology and strategy. They will still use old tactics and ambushes so be prepared to use our new tactics and weapons against them. This is a good moment for expansion. I will capture Irgiz and Alga by assault, Boris you will take Orsk by assault. These provinces also know a hard winter, if we have taken these, we can siege the other cities and just wait until they surrender.
Boris: I shall not fail, my Khan.
Dawalat: Trust me, Boris, you don’t want to fail. After I have taken Alga, I will siege their capital in Emba and move south to Bouzatchi. Boris, you will continue to Aralsk and Ust Urt. When you have taken these provinces, you will invade the territory of the Uzbeks. Since Astrakhan has started this war, we shall leave the negotiating to them. But I’m sure they’ll give us a good piece of the loot. Men, you know your orders, attack and show no mercy!

17 March 1554

Irgiz is captured.

MongolHorde.jpg
The Crimeans attack once more​

3 April 1554

Alga is captured.

16 May 1554

Orsk is captured.

6 September 1554

The harvest and economical reports are very good. This had been an exceptional year and inflation has dropped by –5, state funds have increased by 100.

9 December 1554

Aralsk is captured.

26 June 1555

Bouzatchi is captured.

28 June 1555

Uday, Mohammed and Dawalat sit at a large round table with a big map of Asia on it.
Uday: With Astrakhan having settled peace, we have received some new provinces. In short, we got Irgiz, Orsk, Ust Urt and Bouzatchi and Astrakhan took Alga.
Dawalat: So we have no land connection to our provinces in the south?
Uday: No. Astrakhan and Nogai lay between.
Dawalat: Uday, take some elite soldiers with you and travel to the capital of Astrakhan in a few months. Convince their ruler that I have revoked his power as a vassal and that Astrakhan is now a, unseperateable part of Crimea. It is time that Crimea takes what generations before us wanted.
Uday: Very well, my Khan.
Dawalat: Mohammed, I want you to centralize our Khanate more. Bring more power to the capital.
Mohammed: Yes, my Khan.

Crimea moves one step closer towards centralization.

7 September 1555

Astrakhan is diploannexed into the Crimean Khanate.

1556 – 1557

Small revolts in the newly conquered territories are put down. The Crimean army is build up and the money flows towards the coffers of Crimea. Crimea has at the end of 1557 around 1000d in their coffers.

30 June 1558

A boundary dispute with Russia. They claim that the Crimean-Russian border lays between Ufa and Saratow. Uday settles it by saying that Crimea conquered that fair and square.

The issue is settled and relations with Russia improve by +25. Not that it matters through, if bad relations could go under –200, we would have a diplomatic relation with Russia of – 1000.

22 August 1558

Khazak clansman: The Khazaks shall follow the Crimeans everywhere. We shall fight and serve you, great and mighty Khan. You are the Khan of Crimea and the Khazaks!

The Khazak Horde accepts becoming vassals of Crimea.

13 December 1558

The Uzbek Kaganate proposes a royal marriage. Crimea accepts.

20 December 1558

To improve relations with Nogai, a royal marriage is concluded.

23 June 1559

The Uzbek Kaganate and Crimea exchange maps. Crimea discovers Delhi, the Mughal Empire, the Arabian peninsula and several other Indian minors.

17 January 1560

Russia lays claim on the steppes. Dalawat laughs at this feeble excuse for a casus belli.
Dalawat: If they want that land, that they bring their troops over so we can all have a barbecue. We shall provide the fire and the Russian soldiers can provide the meat.

6 October 1561

Sibir is annexed into Crimea.

Tax collectors are appointed throughout Crimea.

February 1563

The army is send into the unclaimed provinces Turgai and Karaganda. After the natives are “cleaned up”, Crimean colonists are send in and establish colonies in both provinces.

16 March 1564

An agricultural revolution happens in Kalmuk and Tambow.

23 December 1564

A boundary dispute with the Khazak Horde is settled.

6 November 1565

Joeri is assassinated and stability drops.

Last edited:
11 Alliances​

23 January 1567

A wave of obscurantism goes through the land.

25 November 1567

The Uzbek Kagante joins the alliance between Crimea and the Khazak Horde.

25 April 1568

Nogai joins the Crimean alliance.

9 January 1569

Guyarat refuses our traders access to their center of trade

12 January 1569

Spain refuses our traders access to their center of trade

Tax collectors are appointed and more soldiers are raised.

23 February 1571

The Khazak Horde is diploannexed into Crimea.

28 November 1571

A conquistador and 3 colonists present themselves at the service of Crimea. Two colonists are send to the colony provinces and the conquistador begins exploration of territory above former Sibir.

29 September 1572

Nogai, ravashed by rebels, accepts becoming a vassal of Crimea. Rebels have taken the capital of Nogai and another rebel army wanders around in Aralsk. They are too few to siege the main city though.

12 October 1572

The rebels in Aralsk move into Crimean territory. Crimean soldiers kill all of the rebels and march to the Nogai capital to free it from the rebels.

1 November 1572

Crimean troops free the Nogai capital.

5 December 1572

New land is claimed in Lugansk. Manpower and basic taxvalue rises with 1, population increases by 2000.

18 October 1573

The inquisition started many years ago in Kalmuk is successful.

18 January 1574

375 ducats are given to the state.

28 April 1575

Dawalat and Uday hold a meeting on foreign politics.

Uday: We might have a problem, my Khan.
Dawalat: How do you mean, Uday?
Uday: Well, we have an alliance with Nogai and the Uzbek Kaganate.
Dawalat: I see no problem with that...
Uday: They are weak nations. Weak and small.
Dawalat: Well then, send a diplomat to the Ottoman Empire and invite them to our alliance.
Uday: They are part of the problem. It seems they have forged an alliance with Ak Koyunlu and Morroco. The Ottoman-Morrocon-Ak Koyunlu alliance borders both Austria and the Mughal Empire.
Dawalat: Mmmh, I see. Do you have a suggestion?
Uday: Well, I have noticed that our relations with the Mameluks are still good. If rated on a scale from –200 to +200, I would rate it + 80. The only problem is that they are shiites.
Dawalat: Look, Uday, I don’t care about religion. If my father had cared about it, we would not have a great Khanate. Send a diplomat and invite them to our alliance. Another thing?
Uday: Yes. It seems that Lithuania is no more.
Dawalat: Excellent news. How come? Civil wars, are they divided among other nations? Can we take some of their lands maybe?
Uday: No, not at all. They were added to Poland. The whole of eastern Europe can be divided into 5 “blobs”. You’ve got the Polish blob, the Austrian blob, the smaller Russian blob, the Ottoman blob and the Crimean blob. Poland also has far better technology.
Dawalat: I see. Well then, I shall use the coffers of the state to bring improvements to our technology. It’s also time for us to abandon the traditional tactics and technologies. Let’s base us on the Orthodox strategies, technologies and tactics. The uniform of our new soldiers should be modeled after the Turkish Janissaries.

Crimea is moved into the orthodox techgroup. (I also changed the sprites of the army to one similar to the Ottoman one. I took the one of the Caliphate that I found on Kaigon's flagsite. So, thank you, Kaigon ;) .)

The Mameluks join the Crimean alliance.

16 December 1575

Another gift to the state, +300 ducats.

3 January 1576

Dawalat presents the new firearms to the Crimean army.

6 January 1577

MuhammadII.jpg

Crimea1576.jpg
Muhammad II inherited a Khanate surrounded by Empires and allied to small and/or weak nations.​

Dalawat dies in the early morning of 6 January. He is succeeded by Muhammad II. Muhammad II fires all the Russians from the Council and banishes them from the court. The nobles arrive at the court to listen to the policy that the new khan has in mind.
Muhammad II: I shall not have Russians at my court. Orthodox are not welcome here, I shall only listen to the advice of my Crimean Sunni brothers. My children will no longer be educated by Christians, only by Sunni. I also wish to move the capital to Samara and grant full citizenship to all men and women living in Crimea. A special Islamic Inquisition will be created and will start converting the Orthodox in Crimea.

The new council:
Advisor on foreign affairs: Salam Il’Kadroui
Advisor on domestic affairs: Achmed T’Hong (related to Abdel T’Hong)
Advisor on financial affairs: Sadat l-Sadat
Marshall: Saliman Dusriu

6 February 1577

An internal trade ordinance is arranged in Nizghorod, Irgiz and Kustanai. In all three provinces, basic taxvalue +1.

25 October 1577

Muhammad II sends a gift to two families who have ended a great feud.

3 July 1578

Conquistador Moktar gets 10 000 cavalry and starts exploring the Siberian corridor.

17 August 1578

Another conquistador appears in Volgograd, together with 3 colonists.

16 August 1579

A great royal hunt is held in Crimea. Relations improve with Nogai, Uzbek Kaganate, Ak Koyunlu and the Ottoman Empire.

22 July 1580

The peasantry revolts in Krementjug and Kugan.

12 December 1580

Kugan is put back to order.

3 January 1581

The Mameluks go to war against Morocco, everyone dishonours the alliance. Crimea forms a new alliance with the Uzbek Kaganate.

20 February 1581

Peasants take over the main city in Krementjug. The army arrives just in time to save the life of the local ruler.

14 May 1581

The Inquisition in Bogutjar was successful.

4 July 1581

Revolters in the Nogai province of Aralsk declare themselves independent as the Khazak Horde. Crimea sends troops while the capital of Nogai is still controlled by rebels.

5 August 1581

New land is claimed in Irgiz. Population +2500, manpower and basic taxvalue +1.

Last edited:
12 Just when you thought things were getting boring

22 September 1581

Saliman comes running to Muhammad II, who is talking to Salam.
Muhammad II: What is wrong, marshall?
Saliman: Russia, my Khan, they have declared war on us!
Muhammad II: What? But, but...how many troops are they sending towards us?
Saliman: As far as we know, at least 30 000 troops are laying siege to Vladimir, Nizghorod and Ryazan at this very moment. More troops are pouring in our country.Muhammad II: What is the state of our army?
Saliman: We have 21 000 soldiers in Saratow and 14 000 are laying siege to Aralsk.
Muhammad II: Raise every man that you can, let the siege in Saratow continue and hire a mercenary company.
Saliman: Yes, my Khan.
Saliman hurries to start spreading orders to the generals and troops.
Muhammad II: Salam, go to the Ottoman Empire and ask if they wish to join our alliance. I see their alliance with Ak Koyunlu has expired.
Salam: Yes, my Khan.

24 September 1581

Nogai and the Uzbek Kagante join the war against Russia. The Ottoman Empire joins the Crimean alliance and also declares war on Russia.

15 December 1581

Siberian winter has set in and Russian troops are freezing to their death.

15 March 1582

The Russians are retreating after the sieging armies lost 80% of their troops.

23 April 1582

Crimea attacks the Russian army protecting Moscow. The Russians fight furiously and the Crimeans are forced to retreat to Crimean territory.

13 May 1582

Russia.jpg
Russians storm into Crimea​

Russians troops move to Vladimir and lay siege to the main city.

12 August 1582

The Khazak Horde is annexed into Crimea. The Ottoman Empire begins to unload troops in the Crim. The Uzbeks are sending a massive amount of troops through Crimea to attack Russia.

26 September 1582

The Uzbeks and Crimeans perform a joint attack on Moscow and siege the city. Russia withdraws it’s troops from Vladimir and counterattacks the Crimeans and Uzbeks in Moscow, forcing them back.

20 December 1582

The Russians move back into Vladimir, once again laying siege to it.

30 August 1583

The Polish ambassador seems it fit to call the Crimeans unfit to rule and conquer and that it would better if the Russian would destroy them once and for all.

Casus belli against Poland for 24 months.

6 September 1583

Crimeansoldier.jpg
Crimean soldier, their uniforms based on the Ottoman Janissaries, attacks​

The Crimeans defeat Russia in Vladimir, forcing them back into Russia. The Uzbeks try to attack Moscow on their own. Of course, they fail.

4 January 1584

GhaziII.jpg
Ghazi II not only inherited an army, he also inherited a war​

Muhammad II dies from exhaustion and stress. His son, Ghazi II, keeps the same council and promises the Crimeans great victory from this.
Ghazi II: This time, we will make the Russians bleed and make sure they will never attack us again!

"Tamer of Russia," I like the sound of it. I hope your war goes well with them.
The city was looted for 10 days and the countryside was in ruins, thousands were killed and in good Crimean tradition, their skulls were piled up.
You do know that as good Islamic ruler you're only allowed 3 days of pillaging a recalicatrant city?

Dawalat: Look, Uday, I don’t care about religion. If my father had cared about it, we would not have a great Khanate.

As Dawalat already said, religion doesn't matter when building an empire :p

13 Taming the bear

27 April 1584

1584 promised to be an exceptional year and inflation dropped by 5% and giving the state 100 more ducats.

1 July 1584

cavalry.jpg

An exeptional painter is hired by the court. He makes a paiting, representing the might of Crimea.

30 August 1584

The Crimeans break through Russian defences and lay siege to Moscow. They would abandon their siege soon and go to the north, laying siege to Volgoda.

23 April 1585

Soldiers looking for conscripts tour the nation with the slogan “Every one needs to do his share”. Unfortuneatly, some people don’t understand that Russia must be defeated by the sword and join the navy. 10 warships are financed by rich merchants and are docked in Sochi.

28 September 1585

The Russians offer 68 ducats in exchange for peace. Ghazi II tells the ambassador:
Ghazi II: This time you won’t get off that easy. Russia shall bleed!

The Ottomans and Uzbeks are sieging Moscow. Crimea lays siege to Tula and Volograd.

15 December 1585

An assault on Volograd captures the city. Most of the Crimean army leaves a cover force and retreats to Crimea for the winter.

5 April 1586

The Crimean army returns with a vengeance. Tula is taken by assault, Moscow is under Crimean siege, Tver is under Crimean siege, Novgorod is under siege by Crimeans and Ottomans but under Crimean lead and Crimeans are moving towards Pskov.

3 June 1586

Russia offers peace and presents Tula and Vologda. Ghazi II listens to the ambassador plead to accept this offer, then sends him away again.

15 July 1586

Crimeans and Swedes meet in Pskov, both are fighting Russia. Together, but under Crimean lead because Crimea arrived earlier, they lay siege to Pskov.

16 July 1586

The Russian ambassador begs the Khan to accept Tula and Vologda in exchange for peace. He comes with a bottle of the best wodka from Russia as an extra present. Ghazi II takes the bottle and pours it out over the ambassador.
Ghazi II: As I said a month ago, NO!

26 September 1586

A different ambassador presents 14 ducats, Tula and Vologda for peace. Ghazi II has two soldiers beat the ambassador up.

1 November 1586

Nogorod is taken by assault.

7 May 1587

Moscow is taken by Crimea and Tver is about to fall.

1 June 1587

Crimea settles a border dispute with Nogai. Relations +25, stability +1.

17 July 1587

Tver is captured from Russia.

7 December 1587

Gujarat refuses our traders access to their centers of trade.

24 July 1588

Russia has “Let us lead the true path from Moscow”. They now control the Russian Orthodox church. Good, they will need their prayers.

9 August 1588

1588 would prove an exceptional year. Inflation drops by 5% and the state receives 200 ducats more.

29 September 1588

Ak Koyunlu annexed the Hedjaz. We have now two big white blobs in the world. One in Europe, one in the Middle East.

2 April 1589

Ghazi II and his advisors around him await their guest in the throne room. Flanked by some Crimean soldiers, the Russian Tsar enters. The Tsar is carrying a wooden shield with the Russian coat of arms on it. The soldiers close the doors behind them and escort him until he’s 3 meters away from the throne. Ghazi II makes a motion with his hand and the soldiers force the Tsar to his knees. The Tsar approaches the Khan, on his knees, and completely bows to him.
Tsar: I offer this coat of arms as sign of complete submission of Russia. We shall....serve you as a vassal.
Ghazi II laughed and stoop up. He accepted the coat of arms and kicked the Tsar so he fell to his side.
Ghazi II: You filthy b******d. Lucky you, I accept it and even let you live. But trust me, you won’t leave without a gift.
A guard hands Ghazi II a box, who opens it and shows the contents to the Tsar.
Ghazi II: May I present you Jornipov. Also known as the Russian marshall.
Ghazi II puts the head back in and hands the box to a pale Tsar.
Ghazi II: Have fun with it, I know I had. Now begone from my eyes, vassal.

Russia becomes a vassal of Crimea.

Crimea1590.jpg
The Crimean Khanate​

I just read this one. It is a very nice read. I love the wars where you pull off victory with smoke and mirrors. These Crimeans must be the world's first magicians!

:)

Yep - I knew Russia was out of the running from this point foreward. Looking nice and big...and gray. Siberian corridor is shaping up nicely. So who's the next victim?

Very Impressive!
So, what next.. through the Siberian corridor, conquer Manchu & China, whilst at the same time keeping a eye on Europe? Or maybe India? I shall wait and see what happens.

14 Building up the army

17 November 1589

A rush of colonists goes through Crimea. The colonists are send into the Siberian corridor.

28 August 1590

Ghazi II makes a diplomatic move and relations with Nogai improve.

The same day, Nogai is annexed into Crimea and the rebels, still ravashing the provinces of Nogai, are dealt with.

10 January 1591

The Ottoman Empire declares war on Venice and everyone joins in. Crimea gets military access through Ak Koyunlu and sends 5 000 infantry to help with the siege of Iona.

3 August 1591

The Ottoman-Crimean fleet wins a battle in the Ionic sea against the Venetian navy.

12 December 1591

Crimean troops arrive in Iona.

12 January 1592

Crimea raises a huge army, 80 000 soldiers, to prepare for a war against Ak Koyunlu.

14 December 1592

Nobles demand the recovery of former rights. Ghazi II grants them those rights back.

Aristocracy +1.

6 March 1593

Natives damage the colony in Novosibirsk, killing 20 colonists. 3 000 Crimean horseman are send on an expedition to punish the natives in all colony provinces. All natives in the colonies and bordering the colonies are killed.

Crimeansoldiersdemoralised.jpg
Crimeans march, carrying primitive firearms, towards the native villages to punish them for attacking colonists.​

29 December 1593

A petition for redress is accepted.

Crimea moves one step more towards centralization.

8 September 1594

The Mughal Empire annexed Hyderabad.

18 January 1595

Enthusiasm for the army goes through the nation.
5 000 men join cavalry divisions in Ryazan and 5 000 other men join the infantry in Kustanai.

5 June 1595

The peasants in Karask revolt. The new recruits are put to the test and are send to put the revolt down.

15 July 1595

The Islamic Inquisition in Lugansk was successful.

21 October 1595

The Islamic Inquisition in Saratow was successful.

9 December 1595

A conquistador and 3 colonists report themselves for duty in Ust Urt. The conquistador gets 8 000 cavalry with him and starts further exploration of the Siberian corridor.

7 December 1596

Scandal at the court. Relations with Russia drop with –25.

15 The War of Blood

12 July 1597

Russia, thought to be a loyal vassal of Crimea, declares war on Crimea. Ghazi II erupts like a volcano and swears to not only put a dagger in Russia but also to twist it around several times.

13 July 1597

The Uzbek Kaganate and the Ottoman Empire support Crimea.

14 July 1597

It seems Russia is led by an idiotic tsar. They are at war with all their neighbours. Russia is in two wars and have an island for an ally, namely Gotland. They are in a war with Denmark, Poland, Venice and Saxony. They are also in another war with Crimea, Uzbek Kaganate and the Ottoman Empire.

30 May 1598

The Uzbek Kaganate goes to war with the Mughal Empire. Crimea and the Ottoman Empire dishonour the alliance and form a new alliance between them two.

1598 – 1599

A year of blood. Russia invades Crimea, Crimea invades Russia, etc... Neither parties can break through the other’s armies and both nations don’t stop recruiting every man they can. More than 100 000 men die during 14 months.

24 July 1599

Crimeans manage to completely destroy half of Russia’s army in Arkhangelesk and assault the province capital. The province is taken 2 days later and plundered for weeks.

26 August 1599

The Russian army is defeated around Moscow and retreats to Novgorod. The Crimeans lay siege to Moscow and the main city in Tula.

28 August 1599

Russia offers peace in exchange for 51 ducats. Ghazi II has the Russian diplomat defenestrated.

14 November 1599

New land is claimed in Irgiz, supplying Crimea with more manpower and taxvalue (both +1) and more Crimeans to get taxes from (population +2500).

1 December 1599

Russia offers 179 ducats for peace. The diplomat can be seen trying to fly out of the Khan’s palace.

8 January 1600

Russia offers 156 ducats for peace. Diplomats who are a danger for the Russian regime are send to Crimea to negotiate for peace since the survival chances are very slim. This diplomat joints the others in trying to fly.

27 March 1600

Crimea captures Moscow and sets the city ablaze. The entire city is looted and plundering goes on for 5 days.

April – August

During these months three more diplomats are send to Crimea to offer peace in exchange for Arkhangelsk. It’s no surprise that none returns.

21 September 1600

Gujarat lifts it’s trade embargo against us.

6 October 1600

Spain has proclaimed itself to the sole defender of all counter-reform catholic nations in the world. The CRC nations are: Spain, Poland, Austria, Papal States and Genoa.

3 September 1601

Plagues strikes in Karask, Krementjug and Lugansk. In total, 3 500 people die.

11 January 1602

Tula is captured from the Russians.

27 November 1602

CrimeansinRussia.jpg
Specially trained Crimean horsemen roamed the Russian lands with the order to kill, loot and burn all they could find (although not necessairely in that order).​

Pskov is captured from Russia.

1 June 1603

Our conquistador has reached a great sea, stretching as far as one can see. Next to this ocean lays a nation called China.

16 August 1603

A fortification effort was made in Karsak and Tobolsk.

Ingermandland was captured by Crimea.

22 October 1603

Olonets is captured by Crimean troops. Russia has withdrawn it’s complete army, 16 000 men, to Novgorod. A Crimean attempt to defeat them fails and the Russians move to try and recapture Vologda.

23 November 1604

Crimea launches an assault on the city in the province of Kexholm and succeed in capturing it. The Crimea flag is raised on the ruins of the walls.

With the Russians busy trying to reclaim Vologda, Crimea lays siege to Novgorod. More than 200 pieces of artillery are used.

8 April 1605

Novgorod is taken from Russia.

2 November 1605

A diplomat arrives at the Russian court and brings the Crimean terms for peace to the Tsar, who is forced to accept.

Russia gives up Novgorod, Tver, Tula, Vologda and Arkhangelsk. Moscow is now surrounded by Crimean lands.

Ghazi II: As soon as our truce has expired, we shall attack them again and take even more land from them. You do not betray Crimea without paying a very expensive price.

The price of the war

Crimea lost more men in this war than in all previous wars together. Crimea went into this war with a manpower pool of 103 and ended the war with a pool of 3. In total, around 300 000 men died in this conflict.

Provinces on both sides of the previous Crimea-Russian borders were looted, burned and pillaged. It would take decades for the people to recover. This war also probably meant the end of Russia as a power. They were still at war with Denmark and Sweden and their northern provinces were under siege.

Crimea had around 2 000 ducats in the beginning of the war. At the end, the coffers were almost empty, leaving them at 302 ducats. Had Russia not been busy fighting on other fronts, they would have certainly managed to take over most of my country and take back a lot of their lands.

15 June 1605

Agricultural revolution in Alga and Donetsk, manpower +1.

The Uzbek Kaganate is filled with rebels. Three of their provinces had already been taken by rebels, two others are under siege. Crimean troops are put on the border to halt any rebel attempt to cross the border.

15 May 1607

Crimea allies itself to the Chagatai Khanate.

24 June 1607

The heretics in Sochi are converted to the one true Sunni faith.

1 January 1608

MuhammadIII.jpg

Crimea1609.jpg
Muhammad III inherited the reputation of his father together with a huge empire. Some feared that he would live in the shadow of his ancestors but he would soon prove himself in the east.​

Ghazi II, tamer of Russia, has died. Thousands gather on the streets to express their grief. In great speeches, nobles and clergy compare Ghazi II to Sahib I “The Conqueror”. Or as one clergy man would say:

Imam: They both are in paradise now. Ghazi II and Sahib I were both instruments of Allah to punish our enemies for all their wrongdoings. Thanks to them, Crimea has become more than a Khanate. It has become an Empire.

The successor to Ghazi II is Muhammad III. He has an average knowledge of finances and military affairs but is an excellent diplomat. To the nobles, he tells his plans for the future.
Muhammad III: As my grandfather had wanted, I will move the capital to Samara. I will also grant full citizenship to all people living in the Khanate. I will also claim the city of Moscow, making sure we always have a legitimate reason to go to war with Moscow.

16 May 1608

A population boom occurs in Lugansk. Muhammad III denies a colonial charter and population increases by 5 000.

Muhammad III also centralizes more power in the capital, causing some unrest among the nobles.

Crimea moves one step closer towards centralization.

30 March 1609

The Ottoman Empire declares war on the Mameluks. Crimea joins in the same day. They send a small army of 7 000 infantry and 3 500 cavalry to lay siege to Sivas.

27 August 1609

The Crimean Expeditionary Force arrives in Sivas, defeat a Mameluk army and lay siege to the main city.

The decline of Poland

The giant Poland starts crumbling away. On the 1st March 1610, Lithuania declares independence in the center of Poland (the provinces Volyn and Cherignov). Lithuania allies with Sweden and Swedish and Polish ships fight it out.

6 August 1610

Sivas is captured by Crimea.

11 September 1610
The Mameluks offer 159 ducats for peace. Crimea accepts as three quarters of the Crimean Expiditionary Force is already wiped out.

Last edited:
I got a question. How'd Ak Koyunlu move its capital to Baghdad? New event? Ive been out of the patch loop for a while.