• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
TurnerBenton said:
1) I believe the death date for the "Through the Air" events should be

deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1910 }

Otherwise, the event will trigger on the first day of the 1911 or 1914 scenario.

On the through the air event, every country researches it straight away. Thus it's entirely predictable which country will get it first and if you have the wrong tech teams you will have no chance of getting it.

Not sure what you do about that, is there a setting somewhere in the AI to determine research priorities?

El Pip said:
On the through the air event, every country researches it straight away. Thus it's entirely predictable which country will get it first and if you have the wrong tech teams you will have no chance of getting it.

Not sure what you do about that, is there a setting somewhere in the AI to determine research priorities?

There is no AI in version 0.3 for the 1897 and 1911 scenarios. Preliminary work has been started for the 1897 scenario. As a result, you'll probably see all of them researching with a default AI. The default puts a low priority on aircraft, air doctines, and secret technology - the main focus is on infantry and industry techs. Why it's researching that first is beyond me.

Kretoxian said:
The civilian hospital system activates after researching these hospitals in the land doctrine tech tree

I'm happy to this tech tree.

Because 1908-1914 is too boring period to players, no more tech for

develope until 1914!

So, I found some pics for hospital tech

1172570729_nightin4.jpg

late 19c Hospital

1172570729_t-2.bmp

early 20c Hospital (Exp of Dr.Roentgen)

1172570729_ww1_19.jpg

pre-war Hospital

1172570729_Reeve011428.jpg

Mid-war Hospital

1172570729_Reeve016236.jpg

Late-war Hospital

1172570729_IWK_P16.jpg

Civ Hospital

If you don't like my suggestion, see more here --->http://blogfile.paran.com/BLOG_168160/200702/1172570729_medi-tech.zip

Last edited:
TurnerBenton said:
There is no AI in version 0.3 for the 1897 and 1911 scenarios. Preliminary work has been started for the 1897 scenario. As a result, you'll probably see all of them researching with a default AI. The default puts a low priority on aircraft, air doctines, and secret technology - the main focus is on infantry and industry techs. Why it's researching that first is beyond me.

Because theres damn few stuff available at an early year on the tech chart. Theres few things with dates in the 90s at all.

Many bugs in the tech files:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7146998&postcount=348

Also I think that not all components were adapted and are still like in WW2 game. Plus it would be great to finish naming them all and remove bad pictures at last. Here is an example of both:

Tech Experimental Airship shows an USAF strategic bomber (B29?), has components without a name (placeholder text only) and among the components to research is artillery and electronics. Certainly not very good choices, could have been for example chemistry (trying various gases) and mathematics (checking projects) or mechanics (assembly of a prototype).

Another example are the hospital techs which is made of components named Combined Arms Concentration, Concentration Points etc.) :) plus they have funny tank or artillery pictures.

I would suggest removing all WW2 pictures first so there would be clear image of what is to be done.

I hope you agree with me that the tech tree is far from finished and polished although of course the general layout and ideas are done.

By the way, I'd like to propose a minor change to the japanese battleship type names.

Currently the class names go like this: Fuso(1914)>Ise(1917)>Nagato(1922)

The Fuso and Ise classes were practically identical. The correct sequence in my opinion would be like this. Fuso(1914)>Nagato(1917)>Tosa(1922)

And yes, the Nagato was laid down in 1917.

Dominik said:
Many bugs in the tech files:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7146998&postcount=348

Also I think that not all components were adapted and are still like in WW2 game. Plus it would be great to finish naming them all and remove bad pictures at last. Here is an example of both:

Tech Experimental Airship shows an USAF strategic bomber (B29?), has components without a name (placeholder text only) and among the components to research is artillery and electronics. Certainly not very good choices, could have been for example chemistry (trying various gases) and mathematics (checking projects) or mechanics (assembly of a prototype).

Another example are the hospital techs which is made of components named Combined Arms Concentration, Concentration Points etc.) :) plus they have funny tank or artillery pictures.

I would suggest removing all WW2 pictures first so there would be clear image of what is to be done.

I hope you agree with me that the tech tree is far from finished and polished although of course the general layout and ideas are done.

this is a link to a nice airship picture that might be usable

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...eppelin+ww1&svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=X

El Pip said:
Well as the German ships were built in a response to the British Inflexibles (and only after getting it wrong with the Blucher) any event would have to fire two or three years later, if at all.

Might I also suggest some form of 'Dreadnought' event adding that ship to the British build list with a build time of one year not the standard time. As I recall it was the speed of her completion as much as the ship herself that caused such consternation.

The speed of her construction denied the USA from having the 1st dreanought warship - the usa had started building two before britain started. I think the idea came about after analyzing the Japanese and Russian naval battles. The designers discovered the the secondary gun wasn't all that much use in the battle and having all big guns was a better idea. I guess the british and the americans came up with the all big gun battleship at about the same time - i don't know if other countries (japan, france, germany, russia, etc) did so. Once dreadnought was launched all the naval leaders realized that their large and expensive pre-dreadnought fleets were obsolete (ironically it probably effected britain the most as she had the largest fleet in the world and she was the one to build the dreadnought). {Could this be one of the reason britain pushed so hard for a naval arms limitation treaty? the cost of building another battleship fleet to replace the obsolete WW1 fleet.}

Dreadnought was such a shock for three reasons; All big gun, steam turbine propulsion and the speed of her construction, just over a year from construction to commissioning. Even if South Carolina had been finished first she would not have had the impact Dreadnought did on the world as she still used triple expansion engines and had taken so long to build.

El Pip said:
Dreadnought was such a shock for three reasons; All big gun, steam turbine propulsion and the speed of her construction, just over a year from construction to commissioning. Even if South Carolina had been finished first she would not have had the impact Dreadnought did on the world as she still used triple expansion engines and had taken so long to build.

I love big gun battleships - i wish we still had them in the navy. I think the USA should build some new battleships with railguns firing hyper-velocity shells with a range of several hundred miles.

Something I've noticed is that there are a set of Industry techs that are supposed to add off-map money production, but these don't seem to have the desired effect (i.e. there doesn't seem to be any 'free' money). Is it possible for these techs to instead increase the rate at which money is produced (i.e. similar to the techs that increase the rate of supply production)?

Don´t know if it is right here: There is a mistake in the "Luftshiffbau Gesellschaft". It must be: Luftschiffbau. By the way: I think it would be better to rename the techteam of Hindenburg and Ludendorff to "Oberste Heeresleitung" not only because you have them in 1897 but it was the OHL not only the two that invented new tactics etc.

But they make it much more personal. I think that having named tech teams instead of just OHL makes the game more fun. And they are not supposed to show up in 1897. In my files they have a very distinct 1914 startdate.

German Tech teams too weak? (1897/1914)

Considering the many German Nobel Laureates before Great Mistake #1...

Of hand I would suggest the following:

1. Max Planck should be available for the Kaiserreich from 1897 on. (Right now he is only available for the Weimar Republic)
2. Add BASF.
3. Add Deutsche Bank (which was founded to further the German economic expansion!)
4. Add what was later called Telefunken.
5. Perhaps add the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute(s).

For the first four I would submit the following entries:

44;Badische Anilin- und Sodafabrik;;8;1865;1970;chemistry;management;industrial_engineering;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
45;Max Planck;T7004;8;1885;1947;chemistry;mathematics;electronics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
46;Deutsche Bank;;6;1870;1970;management;training;nuclear_physics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
47;Gesellschaft für drahtlose Telegraphie m. b. H.;;9;1903;1970;electronics;mathematics;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Cheers,
Tully

I believe the tech teams were decided primarily on issues of balance, hence any new teams would have to be replacements for existing ones and have similar abilities and skills.

How hard is it to redue a tech tree? Because I'm just not digging the land doctrine tech tree. Maybe it should be filled in more on the lines of this:

And the two new boxes would be mobility versus digging in, much more important than the current tech tree suggests.

ScreenSave0.jpg