• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are all of the secret techs stand-alone? There's a case for making, say, nerve agents and gas bombardments dependent on the same tech invention event. Similarly for the various artillery-related techs.

I assume that "monoplane fighter" isn't a reference to the Fokker Eindecker of 1915, which was both the world's first fighter and the world's first monoplane fighter? :) Incidentally, historically the first all-metal, retractable-undercarriage monoplanes were bombers, developed in about 1932, and similar fighters didn't follow until 1935-36.

The airborne assault tech will require a prerequisite to be developed first, also a secret weapon tech: troop carrying airships. You might also want to include aircraft-carrying airships as a related secret weapn tech: these would have an active air-to-air attack rating, and a naval rating, but no troop-carrying capability.

Airship troop carriers are included in the airborne assault tech. I didn´t see the reason behind first developing a troop carrier and then following up by paratroopers and the actual jump procedure.
As for gas bombardment, I don´t see your reasoníng here, since the bombardment might consist of almost any gas (I´ve set it up to be triggered by the second gas tech)

As for the monoplane fighter, ask Allenby.

Zuckergußgebäck said:
Airship troop carriers are included in the airborne assault tech. I didn´t see the reason behind first developing a troop carrier and then following up by paratroopers and the actual jump procedure.
Because as far as I can remember, transport aircraft (airships) can still carry paratroopers (light infantry) during a rebase/air transport mission, even before the airborne assault (into enemy territory) is possible.

I don't actually think this is a big deal - we can lump the two techs together if you prefer - but strictly speaking they could be separate.

As for gas bombardment, I don´t see your reasoníng here, since the bombardment might consist of almost any gas (I´ve set it up to be triggered by the second gas tech)
I was just wondering if this might be better:

gastech.gif

(Or the other way up, since gas bombardments were in regular use by 1918, and nerve agents weren't invented until 1942).

Zuckergußgebäck said:
I didn´t see the reason behind first developing a troop carrier and then following up by paratroopers and the actual jump procedure.

There is the option of using airships for unopposed troop transport, such as a rapid redeployment of troops to a defensive point.

Ie. Air assault efficiency of zero percent, effectively restricting the player to airdrops into friendly territory or undefended enemy territory. No Market Garden business.

Eg. the line Ghent is faltering, and an airtransport-capable unit and an airship are available at a province within the airship's range. The troops are loaded, the airship drops the troops off in Ghent much faster than land-based travel.

Its just a white elephant of fast SR with the option to grab undefended enemy territory.

Wireless a secret tech? Even the Russians were using wireless back in 1914. Am I missing something?

TurnerBenton said:
Indeed. Wireless technology is a tech group in the industrial tree. :confused:

It does not surprise me that it appears in both - after all, no decision has really been made as to whether we shall have any pre-1914 secret weapons or not. :)

I cannot say that I care too much, although it would probably be simpler to just have post-1914 developments in the Secret Weapons section, so as to not complicate the rest of the tree.

After a bit of toil, I have created a complete draft of the tech apps in the 1914 and 1897 scenarios. Completed techs have been applied for every country in every category except for Secret Techs. There is quite a bit of fine tuning to be done for every nation, but this provides a more robust base for small revisions.

The file named is named "1897and1914scenarioTechApps.rar" and is located here.

The files go in the scenarios folder. Please note that if you have made edits to the .INC files that you should just copy the techapps and paste them over the previous list of techapps.

Last edited:
Thank you very much, TB, for doing these! :)

I, and I am sure many others, appreciate very much the considerable effort that you have put in to what can be regarded as a quite mind-numbing task. ;)

I think that we are heading very near to another release, God willing. :)

Zuckergußgebäck said:
Not exactly. I lost it all when my processor overheated. Perhaps it remains in my old hard drive...

Can you retrieve it? Or is it lost forever?
wtfisgoingonhere.gif

Perhaps. I´ll talk with my parents about it at some point. Right now I´m busy installing 1914 to my new machine in order to find out how much work needs to be recreated.

Hi guys,

I'm a veteran HOI I and II player and a newbie here for the "1914"-version of HOI II. I just wanted to thank you for all the time, back ground reading and effort put into all of this! :)

So for as I understand it the 1914-campaign, though very rough can be played, while the 1897 and 1911 are in preparation, right? I downloaded the 0.1 version early this morning. Any other stuff that's good to go or pretty much universally aggreed upon here as "ok"?

Again, thanks guys! ;)

Regards,

Mourning :)

Mourning said:
So for as I understand it the 1914-campaign, though very rough can be played, while the 1897 and 1911 are in preparation, right? I downloaded the 0.1 version early this morning. Any other stuff that's good to go or pretty much universally aggreed upon here as "ok"?

Thank you kindly for the compliment. :)

1914 is playable, although lacking in many events; 1897, 1911 and 1917 are effectively empty shells that still need to be given substance at some distant or near distant time.